Dave, Lugaru is missing something...

Anything else

Do you think Lugaru 2 should have some sex appeal to it?

Yes please! Raaawr!
39%
No, I'm a putz.
61%

Total votes: 41

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:19 am

sadly, based on other posts by Ovaltine, I don't beleive this was entirely a joke. The Poll is for sure a joke; but Ovaltine, I think, genuinely wants more sex appeal from the rabbits.

Ovaltine
Over-enthusiastic zoo patron

Post by Ovaltine » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:04 am

OBI_WAbit wrote:seeing as this is already on four pages of arguments, I've got to ask... Wasn't this topic a joke???? :?

I even voted yes because of the "rawr" thingy and also because I wasn´t a putz.... I think... :roll:
oh well....
Speaking of which, the "yes" votes are slowely increasing! They've gone up plus three since "no" reached 13, making it almost a 2-1 ratio. Not bad, when you think about what people are actually voting over..

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:07 pm

The overall idea of having bunny "love"...isn't bad...except for the fact that we'd have 100+ Turner love-children running ramapant around the levels. Hey, their rabbits...they breed like...rabbits...er...anyway...
Turner finds some girl (or the player finds some 3d model of a female rabbit that they find appealing for one reason or another...) and they can start a "relationship". No X-rated material involved...just after a while baby-Turners start appearing and you have to make sure wolves don't eat them or something...or that you don't eat them when you're low on health. *cough*

howwitty

Post by howwitty » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:19 am

I think you should be able to create scenarios in lugaru 2. Like put a certain amount of rabbits in certain terrain and settings.

Or can you already do that? My dad doesn't want to get me the game because it has "gratuitous violence" in it. Well, dad, actually most games involve killing stuff for a reason...

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:27 am

Yes, you'll be able to create maps and stuff in L2,
and better than in L1 (where you have to jump around and press a button to put stuff at your feet).

The terrain will be much more varying, not just some stones and big "boxes".
There will be levelediting, not thingputting :)

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:19 am

Crill3 wrote:thingputting :)
HA HA! "Thingputting"...HAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:26 am

howwitty wrote: My dad doesn't want to get me the game because it has "gratuitous violence" in it. Well, dad, actually most games involve killing stuff for a reason...
Very true that most games involve killing stuff.

In my opininon, although I am only 20 and don't have kids, this game is fine for any child who is old enough old successfully play it. The game style would make it very hard for younger children to play the game and the barrier between being old enough to play the game is the same level that the game is fine to play as far as the gore goes. It is 'gratuitous violence,' but not in a really bad way. I would have no problem letting my child, if i had one, play this game; although, I have a very liberal stance on this issue.

I should add a disclaimer to this post which I believe in whole heartedly. Parenting is 100% up to the parent and their views on how a child should be raised. Parenting method also depends alrgely on the child. Me saying your father is a bad parent would not only undermine his authority, but it would also be like back-seat driving; I can't see what is going on, I just hear another car and assume something is going wrong. There is no right or wrong in methods of raising a child and nobody should judge a parent with differing views as a bad parent (unless of course this involves beating the child or other crimes)

Now that I have stated that, I ask your father, in a very sincere and respectful way, to reconsider allowing you to buy the game.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:26 pm

Actually, I've seen a 5-year-old playing UT04 in some video. Don't underestimate those kids, once they get their hands on such a game, they play it no matter what - and they will learn how to play it.

Well, okay, they will if they are not a girl, of course. :roll: That's pretty obvious.

Ovaltine

Post by Ovaltine » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:40 pm

Guys! You're getting completely off topic!

Back to ANIMALS FUCKING ANIMALS!

EDITED: I don't know when...
Last edited by Ovaltine on Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:19 pm

Wouldn't this be a more appropriate topic for the Randomness forum?

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:27 pm

Back On-Topic:
I still find the idea of a bunch of little Turner's running around the levels to be hilarious...
OH NO!!! You can't find a weapon and you have to go fight the wolves!!! Quick, chose your least favorite bunny-child now!!!
Well, I find the idea funny...

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:11 am

Ovaltine wrote:Guys! You're getting completely off topic!

Back to beastiality...
1) It's written 'bestiality', without that a, duh. :roll:
2) Animal on animal is NOT bestiality. ...Don't tell me you.... :shock:
3) lol, Grayswandir, nice one. (<-look, I wrote the nick correct!)

Ovaltine

Post by Ovaltine » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:59 pm

Nuky wrote:
Ovaltine wrote:Guys! You're getting completely off topic!

Back to beastiality...
1) It's written 'bestiality', without that a, duh. :roll:
2) Animal on animal is NOT bestiality. ...Don't tell me you.... :shock:
3) lol, Grayswandir, nice one. (<-look, I wrote the nick correct!)
Check it now.

Better?

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:10 pm

It is, in fact, possible to discuss sex appeal in Lugaru in a mature and respectful way, and that is not happening in this thread.
5. Please keep the conversation above 2nd grade level, basic spelling and grammar are appreciated, and do not over use caps.

7. Be polite. do not post anything defiling, e.g. swears, ethnic slurs, etc.
Keep in mind that there are children here.

Lugaruman100
The wolfire forum member with no title.

Post by Lugaruman100 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:37 am

David wrote:It is, in fact, possible to discuss sex appeal in Lugaru in a mature and respectful way, and that is not happening in this thread.
5. Please keep the conversation above 2nd grade level, basic spelling and grammar are appreciated, and do not over use caps.

7. Be polite. do not post anything defiling, e.g. swears, ethnic slurs, etc.
Keep in mind that there are children here.
Too bad most people don't follow those rules on this forum. :roll: