Kickstarter The Dead Linger

Anything else
dadey60

Kickstarter The Dead Linger

Post by dadey60 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:37 pm

The Dead Linger is a randomly generated zombie infested world made by an indie company called Sandswept Studio and they need your help.They are doing a kickstater and their goal is to reach they have reached their goal and have made $60,847 (101%)

the game will be available on PC the key feature are

-Playable solo or 16 players online co-op or pvp
-Randomly generated world - from city to country's, schools to parks. etc
-Crafting system
-Fortify your safe house
-And many more

Release date: May-June if not later

if pledge $50 or more:you will receive the The Kickstarter
FAQ: FAQ
Kickstarter page: Kickstart TDL
more information about the game: The dead linger
previous games made by Sandswep Studio: - Detour
Last edited by dadey60 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 9 times in total.

cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Re: Kickstarter The Dead Linger

Post by cachiporrin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:09 pm

well, I was actually the first backer and they said they would release it in june

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:28 pm

I dunno. I like the idea about reviving the zombie genre from it's actiony failings of today, but I wasn't really sold. I mean, they don't have a lot to show about their game. Their blog says that they have a near playable prototype, but they don't have an dev videos showcasing new stuff. They have some concept art and some 3D model shots, but I'd love to see more development/tech stuff too.

dadey60

Post by dadey60 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:58 am

They have nearly reached their goal and yesterday they have announced the Kickstarter which you can get if you payed $50. The kickstarter is so far the biggest backpack you can get in the game it will also allow you to move faster.

@Korban3 - yeah l would love to see in game footage of it hopefully soon (on update #5 they said they might be doing a pre-alpha video :D )

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:14 am

Awesome. If I like what I see in gameplay, I'll totally consider it. Dead Frontier is a decent zombie game, Last of Us is looking sweet. Hopefully this game is unique and epic too! We shall see soon!

dadey60

Post by dadey60 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:11 am

Dead frontier is a good zombie game but l got bored of it after having to start again over and over because the account gets deleted after not been active for while. Last of us looks epic to bad l don't own a PS3

have you tried project zomboid?

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:28 pm

Yeah, I played DF for a bit back when it was still 2D, too.
Haven't tried Project Zomboid yet, but that game has the looks to be absolutely epic. If they allow for climbing through windows and up and down the sides of shorter buildings, they will get some many more internets than they already have.

dadey60

Post by dadey60 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:15 am

dead frontier was better in 2D and Project zomboid have been releasing public test builds on their forums they have in fact made it so you can climb through windows, make rope, climb over fences and many other stuff also they finally added in SAVING all they need to do is multiplayer :D

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:51 am

Yeah, I enjoyed the 2D. My biggest two complaints is that there is less stuff to loot. Used to be you could loot almost everything and it lead to small portions of resources. Now I loot a car and find the equivalent of about 5 - 10 real life bricks of ammunition. You also can't go in any buildings anymore. I miss that.
But the 3D is cool too. I really enjoy observing the lighting in there. I actually got pegged by a zed because I was walking next to a chain link fence and paying more attention to the shadows generated by my light than the street I was walking down :lol:
They added window climbing, ropes, fences and a save feature? When I have money in my checking account, I will totes buy Project Zomboid. And Dark Souls FOR THE PC. And a Raspberry Pi. SO MANY LOVABLES. GEEKY GEEKY LOVABLES <3

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:49 am

Well, this is a funny coincidence. I just found TDL's Kickstarter page a few days ago.
Backing was an easy decision, as this game truly does sound like the kind of game I've been looking for.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see this mentioned on the Kickstarter page; there's talk on the forums of a so-called "Free-Welding" sysytem for barricading houses and vehicles, with which you can actually manipulate objects in 3D and weld/nail them onto your target.
One of the most interesting features in my opinion, barring the huge procedurally-generated world.

Anywho, here's to hoping this succeeds.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:04 pm

The free welding sounds cool. Hopefully they have it in there or planned. See, that's the kind of thing they should put out front, along with awesome tech videos and stuff. That would definitely convince me much better than just saying that you're going to reinvent the zombie genre. Resident Evil 5 reinvented it too, after all, but it sucked. I'd enjoy seeing more of their progress and alpha tech, even if it is really rough and not game-like.

dadey60

Post by dadey60 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:41 pm

They have reached over $60,000 :D

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Their first Dev Vlog has been released on the Kickstarter page. It's essentially them thanking their backers for getting them to their $60,000 goal so quickly, but you also get a look at the team.
Korban3 wrote:The free welding sounds cool. Hopefully they have it in there or planned. See, that's the kind of thing they should put out front, along with awesome tech videos and stuff. That would definitely convince me much better than just saying that you're going to reinvent the zombie genre. Resident Evil 5 reinvented it too, after all, but it sucked. I'd enjoy seeing more of their progress and alpha tech, even if it is really rough and not game-like.
That should come soon, now that they can begin working full time.
You have to hand it to these guys, though. They've done an amazing job of hyping up the internet with little/no actual evidence of a game.
Reminds me of The Force Unleashed.
*shudders*

funymunky

Post by funymunky » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:16 pm

As someone who's been hanging around the forums for a while, I have full confidence in this team. Zag (the design director) is always posting on the forums about suggestions and questions, and has some really nice ideas planned. Back this, then spread the word!

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:09 am

funymunky wrote:As someone who's been hanging around the forums for a while, I have full confidence in this team. Zag (the design director) is always posting on the forums about suggestions and questions, and has some really nice ideas planned. Back this, then spread the word!
Zag does seem to have things rather under control. Any outlandish suggestions that people post are quickly squashed by him, and yet he still incorporates other ideas that fit in with his vision.
He's just arrogant enough to make this game actually be what it has the potential to be.

Only thirteen days left on the Kickstarter, by the way. It's a common assumption that the team will be releasing something by the funding date.