Fuck y'al

Glabbit

Re: How to punch

Post by Glabbit » Mon May 07, 2012 4:56 am

Being nasty is too mainstream though

Ceceli

Post by Ceceli » Mon May 07, 2012 8:24 pm

I like to know what my money is buy before I give to someone. Don't get me wrong, I wanna support the team, and I'll be buying it really soon, but first I just gotta sate my curiosity. And by the way, you guys are so protective of this game/developers that you come out as rude people making NOT wanna buy, cause I don't really care about the secret forum if there is gonna be people like you. Although, thanks to the fare people that remained cool on this so stressed times, lol.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Tue May 08, 2012 6:27 am

Ceceli

Post by Ceceli » Tue May 08, 2012 9:06 am

I see what your game is. I thought this part of the forum was for new incomers and support and encouragement, but all you do is enter EVERY topic and criticise and dump your frustration on everybody. That doesn't make you David's little best pet. So, be aware. Now go fetch me a new joke.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Tue May 08, 2012 11:03 am

Nope.

If you look back to the start of this thread, you will see that I replied by gently suggesting that your topic was only appropriate for the pre-order forum. Instead you kept posting game-specific questions on the open forum and ignoring plenty of other comments from folks warning you that what you were doing was not legit. What you call "support and encouragement" is against forum rules, and will get you banned. I'd rather get snarky with a blockheaded pirate and run him off the boards than provide him "support and encouragement" and get banned myself.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Tue May 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Oh, Hush, Djemps.
Whilst what he's doing might be against forum rules, that hasn't stopped any others before.
There is precedent.
It has happened that pirates redeem themselves by buying the game after exploring its potential.
In fact I quite agree with him that the nastiness included in these messages is, whilst perhaps not exactly unwarranted, certainly unnecessary.
Had he shown no intention whatsoever of buying the game, your rage would have been righteous. It currently is not, though. It might one day be, if our guest proves to not have bought the game eventually, but let's at least give him a chance first, yes?

Yes.

Also Ceceli, I'm not defending you, you're still a criminal, you're still rude, but I'm just giving you another chance as each person should deserve.
Choose your next actions wisely.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue May 08, 2012 1:14 pm

Ceceli wrote:I see what your game is. I thought this part of the forum was for new incomers and support and encouragement, but all you do is enter EVERY topic and criticise and dump your frustration on everybody. That doesn't make you David's little best pet. So, be aware. Now go fetch me a new joke.

Sometimes when random people seem to appear together and do something the same way, it's done on purpose. Other times, the reason they all entered the train was that they came to the station to take a train...

This is a small forum. A person is able to read all the threads. The community here is generally friendly and helpful, and the largest social hiccup here is how to treat pirates. The people in here generally like Wolfire and Overgrowth. The regulars who go to the IRC channel have chatted with the developers, most others have seen at least a few posts by them, and most have bought at least one of their games. Many regulars read your thread(s). Many replied in seemingly the same way.

We didn't do it because we have something against you, but because we happen to like Overgrowth.

People who haven't preordered pop up all the time asking for advice and help (and rarely preorder), so we get frustrated. It would be better if it never showed, but as you noticed, it does. Sorry.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:26 pm

^ This
Endoperez has proven his worth yet again! I mean seriously, that flash mob video was amazing. Wish we had an actual Classical music train in the US. Would be amazing.
But srsly, yeah. We don't take lightly to pirates, and when they have the guts to come on here and ask for help getting the game working and call us rude when we respond with, admittedly often, snarky responses we get frustrated.
I normally try to be as gentle and nice as possible, and it's likely that I was with your earlier ones, although I can't remember, but it wears out fast.
Try not to take it personally. We don't hate you, we would just prefer it if you bought the game and became a legitimate alpha user.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue May 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Someone subscribes to r/Classicalmusic :wink:

But yes, amazing video, spot on post. Our annoyance is not directed at "the one they call Ceceli," but rather the whole phenomenon in general. Want us to not be annoyed? Don't be part of the phenomenon.

Ceceli

Post by Ceceli » Tue May 08, 2012 11:13 pm

Jacktheawesome wrote:Someone subscribes to r/Classicalmusic :wink:

But yes, amazing video, spot on post. Our annoyance is not directed at "the one they call Ceceli," but rather the whole phenomenon in general. Want us to not be annoyed? Don't be part of the phenomenon.
Well said. haha

And in general, I know what you guys mean and feel, but you gotta chill down. You're giving to much importance about something that shouldn't affect you at all. :mrgreen: I see this kind of behavior for almost everything and forums from all over the world, and is mostly in game communities. I'm brazilian, btw :D

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed May 09, 2012 12:07 am

There's a reason this happens on other forums too, especially game ones ;)

I like this one better, but that one isn't bad either.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed May 09, 2012 1:58 am

And suddenly we've changed from berating pirates and berating people who berate pirates to sharing pieces of music?

Sweet.
I'll just chip in something mellow then.