Ancestral Tales Campaign

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Count Roland

Re: Ancestral Tales Campaign

Post by Count Roland » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:34 am

I always thought that the platforming capabilities of lugaru weren't utilized enough in vanilla, so I rather enjoyed getting to do that kind of thing in mods.

Ensnab

Post by Ensnab » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:42 pm

I love kip! :3
Great map btw ;D

Devilsclub

Post by Devilsclub » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:07 am

I cant.. I CANT!!!

Its just too hard to beat on insane. It took me 3 hours to beat on difficult :O

ARGH it gets me so frustrated especially when the general makes so many rabbits attack you =.=

And the falling down part? I cant beat it. Miraculously, in easier, i used the small ledges jutting from the side to break my fall but i was seriously injured by the time i got down, so i died.

I just HAD to use map mode to fly my way down.

But i have to say AWESOME campaign. None of the other campaigns cud compare to this one imo.

You've out done yourself :mrgreen:

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:18 pm

Glad you liked it!

I could only beat that little short f*cker and all his gang if I handspring backward out of the crowd and jump off the building, then run and fight them one at a time.

Freakin' twitchers!

The chute you fall down you can wall kick to slow your fall speed. Doesn't help with the overlong platforming level that follows, but oh well.

Both levels are something I would make completely differently now that I've played a few more games... at the time I made them I had only played Lugaru mods and the Halo 1 demo for any length of time.

Laziness and other projects prevent me fixing them...

@Esnab, yeah, me too. I'm thinking Raven Clan will have more to do in OG stories.

edoantonioco

Post by edoantonioco » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:59 pm

Hello, the people from the OSSLugaru https://osslugaru.gitlab.io/ wants to contact the developer of this mod, Is there a way to contact him other than PM? which so far hasnt worked. Hopefully he will be back to this forum soon.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Sorry you guys! I just didn't check my games&advertisments email since the new year.

I copy-pasted a creative commons bit on the bottom of the first post. If I have to do more, let me know. I promise to check the site!

WolfireSven79

Post by WolfireSven79 » Sun May 07, 2017 6:08 am

Just about two years ago I tried playing the first part of the campaign but it keeps crashing.
If you have any suggestions how how to fix it please let me know, thanks.

Akien

Post by Akien » Mon May 08, 2017 12:58 am

WolfireSven79 wrote:Just about two years ago I tried playing the first part of the campaign but it keeps crashing.
If you have any suggestions how how to fix it please let me know, thanks.
Try the edited version from this repository: https://gitlab.com/osslugaru/nonfree-mods/tree/master (download link for the zip: https://gitlab.com/osslugaru/nonfree-mo ... ref=master ).

You'll need the latest version of OSS Lugaru, version 1.2: https://gitlab.com/osslugaru/lugaru/tags

jerryturcios08

Post by jerryturcios08 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:11 pm

I was enjoying the campaign until I got to the underground level where Claire falls down the long tunnel at the start. :(

Akien

Post by Akien » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:50 am

jerryturcios08 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:11 pm
I was enjoying the campaign until I got to the underground level where Claire falls down the long tunnel at the start. :(
That's a surprising level indeed, but it's not a bug, just questionable design :)

You can wall jump while falling to avoid becoming a ragdoll, and then you don't get damage when you land on the platform.
Story-wise, this could use some introduction though, as the transition is a bit abrupt. That level is also hardcore parkour :)

TheWillCraft

Post by TheWillCraft » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:58 am

i used the small ledges jutting from the side to break my fall but i was seriously injured by the time i got down, so i died.

ssahnarastyy456

Post by ssahnarastyy456 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:32 pm

hmmm interesting :D

Renancraft66

Post by Renancraft66 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:07 pm

I get past the two rabbits on top of the large rock, and then... get stuck on one of the floating squares, unable to move up.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:54 pm

Yo! This campaign is wonderful, but there's one thing I'm a little confused about.
Does this take place alongside Turner's revenge in the Lugaru campaign? When in the story does King Hickory die?