Tournament TV.

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
helpmoeny

Re: Tournament TV.

Post by helpmoeny » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:59 pm

Djemps wrote:Bottom Line Bro...

Where's your Pre-Order Tag?
Look if it's that big a deal I already said i'm only using this account to do posts and things, I paid my friend to preorder a copy of the game just for me since i had no online payment sources... I don't know if thats agains't the rules but Wolfire still recieved there money OK!

Timbabwe

Post by Timbabwe » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:14 pm

I'm sure the tag should still be there. You have the ability to gift it do you not?

helpmoeny

Post by helpmoeny » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:19 pm

Timbabwe wrote:I'm sure the tag should still be there. You have the ability to gift it do you not?
gift it? huh?
I don't know...

helpmoeny

Post by helpmoeny » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Look i have been using overgrowth for a couple years now and just recently thought of doing this tournament tv. thing and made a forum account and a blog and all that and put a lot of hardwork into it...
But with all this i don't know if i want to improve it anymore, kind of a let down
Silverfish has been my inspiration for awhile now with his Overgrowth weekly show and told me to start uploading my Tournament Tv. on the forums and try to get more attention to it, but i now realize no one is really interested in what people have to say, it's just the people in there inner circle they are worried about.
That is going to be the major leap in this game, is the community, i'm sorry

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Considering the fact that I have several custom PvP maps featured in the SUM Launcher I would love to see more 1 on 1 Overgrowth battles on the web. But let's be honest, you are kind of going about this bass-akwards. How do you expect to become connected with the vibrant Overgrowth user community if you can't even access the Pre-Order forum? Where will you be getting all of your custom content and PvP maps from? If you do have an original account with a Pre-Order tag, then why aren't you using that one as your main forum handle? If you presented your project in a more legit way, you would have gotten much better feedback. Don't get all Emo on us because nobody is responding the way you would like due to your mis-managed announcement.

helpmoeny

Post by helpmoeny » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:35 pm

i didn't say i don't use the other account, i said i like the name on this one better!, i just post with this one, i'm saying everyone else is getting emo
but i appreciate the legit response...
i don't know i just feel sick to my stomach and now can't sleep over this...

Timbabwe

Post by Timbabwe » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Putting the piracy talk aside, could someone explain how this works with local multiplayer?

helpmoeny

Post by helpmoeny » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:41 pm

Timbabwe wrote:Putting the piracy talk aside, could someone explain how this works with local multiplayer?
SURE! when you are in game you set two players in a map right?... but then the key is to set fullscreen to true in the configuration files...
when you do that the tournament "scoreboard" pops-up
Did that answer your question?

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:44 pm

Well I think maybe what Timbabwe is wondering is who actually gets to play in the tournament. Considering the fact OG only supports Local Multiplayer, your tournament roster is essentially limited to you and your friends who come over to play right?

helpmoeny

Post by helpmoeny » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:47 pm

Djemps wrote:Well I think maybe what Timbabwe is wondering is who actually gets to play in the tournament. Considering the fact OG only supports Local Multiplayer, your tournament roster is essentially limited to you and your friends who come over to play right?
well actually... i got multiplayer to sorta work :P
might not believe this either but i do it all over the internet so that when i set up two "controllers" up on my side i have a program that my bro connects to, and all his keyboard movements immediately transpire over to mine...
It's a bit confusing but it's very obvious to see when i get my butt kicked because of lag (check some of the videos to see for yourself)

Now of course this lag is an issue when trying to play a tournament, but i'm working on that
yes i see your point, it is a kind of pick and choose who can be in the tournament and your totally correct that is an issue

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:00 pm

Ok, well, with the way you are doing it, there will ALWAYS be lag. Quite a significant one at that. Unless David implements proper online multiplayer, it won't work, and even then we don't know.

Also, you are obviously a pirate. No denying that. If you actually aren't, prove it. Go to the SPF with your other account, got to the stickied thread titled "How did you find out about Overgrowth?," and copy and paste the entire first post here. That should be an easy thing to do for a legit preorderer. And if you do, I will post a video of myself eating several hats, all of which belong to me.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:31 pm

last

Post by last » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:45 am

When you really preordered and don't like that forum account name then i believe you can send an e-mail to the [email protected] and explain to them why you don't like that account name and maybe they can merge your 2 forum accounts together with new name.

Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Post by Jaz » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:37 pm

Obviously not legit...
helpmoeny wrote:
last wrote:And here is another one from there
helpmoeny at 2012-06-03 19:30 CET:
Thanks very much,
Would really like to see a bunch of mods as well...
In particular the Last's blood mod or the no death mod THANKS!
I Don't like this where it's going. First You pirate the game and then you are stealing MY mod.
Edit: Thanks to Philcrumm those links to the preorder forum don't work anymore when you are not logged in to the forum as a preorderer.
If you watched any of my videos I DON"T EVEN HAVE THOSE MODS INSTALLED so duh... i don't really want any of them either, however i'm considering the menu mod :D
You don't want Last's blood mod?! Obviously a liar. No real pre-orderer doesn't want Last's blood mod.

Don't mess with me. I'm Inspector Jaz. 8)

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:42 pm

... I don't want last's blood mod