Can we please get a version of Receiver with mouse inversion

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
purple_pixie

Can we please get a version of Receiver with mouse inversion

Post by purple_pixie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:09 pm

I know it's been said once or twice in the Receiver thread, but I'm guessing that nobody's reading that, or at least they aren't scouring it for things to put into the game.

So can we please, please have this option?
To a good number of people, uninverted mouse controls are completely unplayable, and for an FPS it's an unthinkable omission.

And I really really want to play this awesome looking thing y'all have put together, but I can't.
And I'm not the only one.

It doesn't even need an interface update, heck, tell me what address to replace with what hex value and I'll edit config files or game binaries myself, I really don't mind, I just want to play the game ...

Djemps

Re: Can we please get a version of Receiver with mouse inver

Post by Djemps » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:31 pm

*Thumbs up*

shadowb297

Post by shadowb297 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Yah i know what yah mean, i used to be a inverted mouse player, then i took an arrow to the knee, jk but i was until i played overgrowth, and that my friends, is another reason i LOVE og

I THIRD THIS POST

purple_pixie

Post by purple_pixie » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:14 am

Just noticed this in David's ToDo list so I for one am happy to stop nagging about it.

Knowing it's known and intended to be worked on will definitely do for the now.

purple_pixie

Post by purple_pixie » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:39 pm

Okay, so after cloning the git repository and firing up Unity (like I said, non-inverse mouse is a *really* serious problem to people who are used to it) I have come to realise how this isn't as simple as it should be.
Or could be, if Unity weren't quite so silly ... I mean, why can't the invert flag be a user-configurable option like key bindings? Why, Unity, why.
Or for that matter, be able to invert an axis on the fly. As in, just set the flag via script and not have to manually invert all axis readings based on a local flag.

At the very least I have now got a local version built which is hard-coded to invert the mouse Y-axis so *I* can play it, but I still feel bad for everyone who doesn't have the time/energy/'technical know how' to do this for themselves.