A New Campaign!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
myviolentlugaru

Post by myviolentlugaru » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:27 pm

more details? hmmm.. it's all decelerated, scenes work slowly .. for each movement it takes ages, it's slowly jerky. do You know what i mean? :roll:

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:31 pm

system details I should say. PC or Mac, what are your system specs etc.

myviolentlugaru

Post by myviolentlugaru » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:40 pm

oops, sorry, you're right :idea:
i have an ibook, mac osx 10.3.9, 768ram.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:23 pm

There is a slightly buggy area near the beginning of the level.

-open your Data/Maps/ folder inside your Lugaru folder.
-rename the map "svencanyon" to "svenbackup".
-rename the map "svenskip" to "svencanyon".

This should allow you to skip the level.

Idea of the sleeping wolf not to wake while fighting could be much better implemented, anyway.

myviolentlugaru

Post by myviolentlugaru » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:56 am

thank you Silb :D

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:01 pm

can I switch back to the regular campaign without losing my progress on this campaign? I need to look at something on the regular campaign, but don't want to lose my progress on Lugaru: Temple (I am almost done and it has taken me a while to get this far)

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:17 pm

Yes, just create a different user for the regular campaign.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:24 pm

sounds good, I don't remember why I needed to know that, but it should be useful once it comes back to me. I am working on a plot line and dialogue text for a campaign and was curious if it is possible to make the rabbits move during the dialogue. I'm pretty sure you can't but I just wanted to be sure. Also are all the rabbit and wolf textures just the .jpg and .png files in the texture folders, cuz I only found 3 wolves (although I dont think there are more anyways) and I didn't see Turner, not that I plan on using him).

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:22 am

Rabbits can't move during dialogue. There are only 3 wolves textures, but you can tint them (cf trick in the "map editing question thread"). Turner's fur is "fur3.jpg".

Come on, you could just try these things out.

^
What he said.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:38 am

wow looking at the jpg that doesnt look like turner; I'm definetly not in the stage where i can try things out. I have never map edited or anything, I was just watching baseball and felt like doing something else at the same time so I wrote a plot line and wanted to make sure things were feasible.

Maxwelldoggums

Can I play?

Post by Maxwelldoggums » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:54 pm

hey, ummm, to tell you the truth, I am a demo user, can I play this campaign on the demo, or do I need to register to play custom campaigns? :?:

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:12 pm

You can only run debug mode if you're registered, so that means you can't load maps.
However for this campaign, you still can't play it, regardless of debug mode. Just buy the game, it isn't that much, I had to buy it by way of a postal money order, it was pretty neat. I'm not sure if it actually got to him, I would think it did though, because he didn't say it didn't! :D

Post by 51920 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:03 am

how do i backup files?

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:14 am

To backup is to make a copy (before modifying/deleting/replacing). Here are detailed instructions:
bob wrote:For clarity I decided to make some step by step directions. They are as simple as I think they need to/can be.

To Start up Lugaru Temple:
1) Create /Backupcampaign within your Lugaru folder (the folder name doesn't really matter)
2) Backup /Data/Campaigns/main.txt to /Backupcampaign
3) Backup /Data/Textures/World.png to /Backupcampaign
4) Backup /Data/Textures/Lugaru.png to /Backupcampaign
5) Copy the contents of the "This goes into Campaigns" folder to /Data/Campaigns/
6) Copy the contents of the "This goes into Maps" folder to /Data/Maps/
7) Copy the contents of the "This goes into Textures" folder to /Data/Textures/
8) Enjoy "Lugaru: Temple"

To switch between "Lugaru: The Rabbit's Foot" and "Lugaru: Temple":
1) switch /Data/Campaigns/main.txt and /Backupcampaign/main.txt
2) switch /Data/Textures/World.png and /Backupcampaign/World.png
3) switch /Data/Textures/Lugaru.png and /Backupcampaign/Lugaru.png
4) Enjoy your new campaign selection

Edit:Damn graphical smileys accidently appearing. Although that one came up in an okay place.

the_master_bunny

how i can play lugaru full free

Post by the_master_bunny » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:06 am

Jack wrote:(I'm actually Silb. See the edit at the end of the post for :? an explanation.)

Introducing...

ReadMe.txt wrote: Welcome to Lugaru's unofficial expansion pack. Unofficial, but free :)

It includes 31 maps, 85 rabbits and 15 wolves on the receiving side, plus 4 different player characters. All this wrapped up in a large campaign, complete with scenario and dialogues.

Sven is Turner's twin brother (or maybe just a cousin, he was never very clear on this). He's been training in the desert (see my previous map pack) to become the new master of his Temple. He has just come back.
The story starts right in the heat of things, and what's happening is only implied by the dialogues, not flat out explained. But you'll figure out very quickly. The scenario is really simple and just a frame for the levels.
Last thing, don't be too upset if there are small glitches. The level editor is unsupported and reliably crashes when you stare at it the wrong way.

Enjoy!
Silb

WARNING: PG-13 rating. About 100 violent deaths on screen. (Also, a relative of the main character used the word "bastard".)
Download now!
(And thanks to David for hosting!)

Some screenshots (you can also watch all of them in one place, if you've got broadband):

All new levels-

With dialogues-

Lots of fighting-

And stealth-

Little explanatory note: I gathered most of the maps I've created over the last six months and wrapped them in some scenario. I intented to post this before leaving, but was short on time. I've found some really helpful editing tricks, which I'll explain if someone else does a serious attempt at a campaign.

Oh, and I found a limited web access. I'll be able to pop up from time to time.

EDIT: Damn, I posted this on my alternate account (I popped up once a couple weeks ago due to troubles with Lugaru sound, but didn't use my regular account because I didn't want to explain that I wasn't back and not going to read other posts. I didn't realize I'd be consequently logged as Jack and not Silb when returning to the forums. Well, so much for my bright ideas.)