Warband style first person? (Overgrowth)

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Deadlyfluffball

Warband style first person? (Overgrowth)

Post by Deadlyfluffball » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:02 pm

Could they possibly add a Mount and Blade style first person? If you do not know what I am talking about Warband has a type of first person that when switching out of the third person the camera sticks into the characters head giving the player a full view of their world model.

This would look really nice with the animations, sure it would be much harder to fight as you are not aware of what`s behind you but it offers a new play style. Post your opinions on this idea or if you do not like it explain why or how to improve upon it.

Djemps

Re: Warband style first person? (Overgrowth)

Post by Djemps » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi Deadlyfluffball. I'm curious to learn why you feel confident talking about improving a game that you have not played...

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:40 pm

what makes you think he hasn't played it? I doubt it would be that difficult to mod in, so by all means it's a possibility, but I doubt it would be a part of the game normally.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:24 am

Because he didn't have a preorder tag when he first posted this thread. Since then I see that Deadly has joined the club. :D

And to comment on the OP's idea. I don't know if I would enjoy a 100% First Person Overgrowth experience, but I always thought it would be nice if the camera would zoom in to First Person and magnify the lay of the land a little bit if you stood still for a while or pressed a certain button.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Well, I have a mod that I was working on for that. Haven't finished it, and I'm slow at it because I'm not the best coder out there. I can keep working on it, though.

MrOtton

Post by MrOtton » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Korban3 wrote:Well, I have a mod that I was working on for that. Haven't finished it, and I'm slow at it because I'm not the best coder out there. I can keep working on it, though.
DO CONTINUE, PLS!!! :-D

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:08 am

I will, in my spare time. Hopefully, I can make some headway.