randomness

Anything else
Glabbit

Re:

Post by Glabbit » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:01 am

Assaultman67 wrote:Personally, I've been dying to find a flyable helicopter.

I don't even want to kill people with it. I just want to fly low over cities blaring flight of the valkyries over the mic.
That idea is brilliant.
The epicness. The instant dramatic tension! The feeling of purpose! ...and then suddenly it dies away as the heli moves out of range and you're hit again by the "reality" of being stuck in a semi-derelict zombie warzone.

Also Korban, you mentioned both Bootcamp and Rune. I would like to say at this point that Rune, the original, used to be for mac too. Primarily it was completely cross-platform. Why Steam only released a windows version I shall never know.

zoidberg rules

Re: randomness

Post by zoidberg rules » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:44 pm

Actually that would be amazing, if they added in certain things. Example, using the chopper you can fly to an area in which there is military grade equipment readily available at all times and zombies can't get in, cars and such in there too, you could then have an insanely good game on your hands because the people inside the place are safe from the zombies. This means they could use the choppers and vehicles to travel around the map rescuing people. Or, they could use the same equipment to wipe everyone out and hole up in there.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:15 pm

That probably wouldn't end well for the folks inside.
They'd likely splurge at first and then be out of fuel for their vehicles. They'd really have to play it right and scav for fuel a lot. And this is me assuming that you can collect fuel. I'd love to see the game develop a sort of war lord regions player government. Sort of like, one good player rises up and gets a big party, ruling over a portion of land. Then if others started to gain power and influence, they could rebel or the war lord might squish them.
If only we could go all Surrogates/Avatar (The meh movie, not the awesome show) and just lay in a bed, living in the game. That'd be some intense and epic stuff.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:18 pm

zoidberg rules wrote:Actually that would be amazing, if they added in certain things. Example, using the chopper you can fly to an area in which there is military grade equipment readily available at all times and zombies can't get in, cars and such in there too, you could then have an insanely good game on your hands because the people inside the place are safe from the zombies. This means they could use the choppers and vehicles to travel around the map rescuing people. Or, they could use the same equipment to wipe everyone out and hole up in there.
But there has to be some weakness to it, or else a group of lucky people would control the whole map, with better weapons, fast transportation, and immunity from zombies. There has to be a way for some relatively resourceful people to take the camp, or at least a way for it to be overrun by zombies. Perhaps the sound of the helicopters would attract massive hordes of zombies, making it dangerous to land outside, and necessitating pedestrian foraging. That would open up the opportunity for an attack by an opposing group.

A shame I won't be playing this any time in the near future :(
Last edited by Jacktheawesome on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:48 pm

Korban3 wrote:... That probably wouldn't end well for the folks inside.
They'd likely splurge at first and then be out of fuel for their vehicles. They'd really have to play it right and scav for fuel a lot...
You do realize that there is limitless fuel at gas stations right? The buildings are also typically just outside of town too so you don't have to worry too much about zombies and players in the immediate area.

Basically all you really need is one Jerry can to completely fill up a vehicle if you stop at the right gas stations.

Typically me and my friends will keep around 4 full jerry cans in the vehicle at all times though. (You never know when you might need to make a change of plans.)

Then as we go across Chernaus we will stop by nearby gas stations.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:15 pm

So yeah if somebody buys me Operation Arrowhead I'll be your bestest friend and survival buddy <3

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:25 am

Yeah, diddo. If anyone hooks me up, I'm your battle buddy.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:18 am

Me three!

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:31 pm

I'm done buying people things.

I bought a game for a guy once and now he won't stop asking me for shit.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:13 pm

Haha, that sucks. You should tell him no.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Heh. If you guys were in Australia I'd probably take you up on that.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Okay, which costs more?
Arma II and a high end PC
or a one way plane ticket to Australia from the Pacific Northwest USA?

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:17 am

Arma II and a high-end PC is the cheaper option because after flying over to astralia you'd *still* need a PC before Zhukov's gift will be useful to you.

Assaultman67 wrote:I'm done buying people things.

I bought a game for a guy once and now he won't stop asking me for shit.
Was this guy's name Braylon, perchance? He added me on steam and kept asking me for stuff until I explained to him at length how weird it is to do monetary favours for a stranger, and then he raged and I never heard from him again.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:31 am

I just shot a fellow human being in cold blood so I could steal his backpack.

He was armed with a revolver, but he never even saw me. I was lying prone in the grass, hidden by my ghillie suit and the lay of the land. A guy who I had been watching for a few minutes ran past me. He had a very nice backpack. The best one in the game. So I shot him. Knocked him over with a shot from the rifle then drew my sidearm and put a couple of rounds in his head to make sure (sometimes people are only unconscious).

Then I ran up to claim my awesome new pack. Then I discovered that I had been mistaken and that it was in fact significantly worse than the one I already had.

So I had killed him for no reason. I can't even tell myself he was probably a bandit (a player who kills other survivors) because I had just seen him meet another survivor and peacefully go on his way.

I felt rather guilty.

That didn't stop me from stealing his can of beans though. Waste not, want not.

Assaultman67

Re:

Post by Assaultman67 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:39 am

Zhukov wrote:I just shot a fellow human being in cold blood so I could steal his backpack.

He was armed with a revolver, but he never even saw me. I was lying prone in the grass, hidden by my ghillie suit and the lay of the land. A guy who I had been watching for a few minutes ran past me. He had a very nice backpack. The best one in the game. So I shot him. Knocked him over with a shot from the rifle then drew my sidearm and put a couple of rounds in his head to make sure (sometimes people are only unconscious).
I've shot people because they were holding a tin can and looked at me wrong.