What are looking forward to the most in lugaru 2?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Homocidal Ham

What are looking forward to the most in lugaru 2?

Post by Homocidal Ham » Sat May 06, 2006 1:43 pm

I really want to play multiplayer so badly
In my opinion it would be the biggest improvment in the game

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sat May 06, 2006 2:02 pm

Sandbox gameplay / more RPG elements / deeper combat.
The 3 biggies for me =p

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Sat May 06, 2006 3:17 pm

Same as mine :)

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Sun May 07, 2006 9:35 am

Ditto Zip. 8)

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun May 07, 2006 11:27 am

I'm hoping for another map editor option.
It looks like an actual menu is working up so maybe now the ingame editor can be used with the mouse and pointer as well. The UIlooks really cool to design with, it looks simple and easy to do so every one will be able to create awesome new content.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Mon May 08, 2006 9:37 am

apropos level editor...
Will there be a possibility to import and/or export to the old Lugaru 1 level format?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon May 08, 2006 11:28 am

I still think that multiplayer is a longshot, but I think it would be a very nice addition.

I'm looking forward to these supposed RPG elements, such as hunting or something along those lines. Sounds good.

I'm eager to see the additions to the landscape/weather, such as randomly generated trees (That's how it's going to be, isn't it? Not sure.) and also water/fog/sleet/rain etc.

I am also looking forward to the how the animations are going to turn out for the different moves, especially the weapon-related kills. I think there'll be a good variety of ways to kill your enemies utilising assorted badass weaponry.

Ninjas

Post by Ninjas » Mon May 08, 2006 1:05 pm

While the first game was good, I am looking forward to tighter, more intense, and deeper combat.

A lot of the hits in the old game had a somewhat soft feel to them, and I would love for the impacts to be dialed up.

Exploring a richer enviroment is going to be really awesome.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Thu May 11, 2006 11:54 pm

Free-roaming, gameplay-oriented, physics-based world.

That's bound to offer incredible map editing possibilities. :)

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri May 12, 2006 7:10 am

Straight from the mouth of the map editing enthusiast himself.

Homocidal Ham

Post by Homocidal Ham » Sat May 20, 2006 1:24 pm

Ok now I have somthing else i want in it, Im looking forward to the development of the story line but when i think about it I get worried for two reasons; 1: david has made no mention (as far as i know) of the plot line 2: All of the focus seems to be toward sandbox mode and making a village

Some one on the team please tell me there will be some plot development

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sat May 20, 2006 2:30 pm

There will be an epic plot and the "making a village" stuff was never mentioned by David.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Tue May 23, 2006 2:23 pm

The only ones who have been mentioning "making a village" are members. For all we know there might not even be possible to put leaves on a framework as a shelter.

Remember that what we guess, and what David is planning are two distinct things, or else you MIGHT get a wii bit disappointed if you don't find it possible to build a huge city, raise an army in it, make a religion and make a plot on your own, based on that religion. (doubt it ;P)

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Tue May 23, 2006 3:18 pm

I second that. Wait and see :)

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed May 24, 2006 12:02 pm

lol every one wants to make their own plot (religion is a bit too much, "hey you want to talk about Jesus?" See? it's uncomfortable... that's right from that wierd comedian guy who does those uhh, soda commercials), and I realize that doing that is like 10 years ahead of our time. I just want to run around and go swimming...

Oh my god! There should totally be a dive move that hapens when you jump into water.

No wait screw that, there should be workable ropes. In oblivion you could take dangling ropes and tie them up to each other (ok, at least you'd attempt to do it), but never mind that. In battlefield 2: Special Forces you'd get a grappling hook that was really awesome! You'd just throw it at something and then it'd work like a deployable ladder, it was hecka awesome! Oh! and in Tribes: Vengeance you get this awesome little futuristic grappling hook which had some springyness and lots of interactivity to it, so you could do some really awesome stuff like, shoot it into a huge aircraft and rappel up to it. I mean you could have these awesome moments where you'd get airlifted away, you'd shoot it into a passing plane and it'd drag you up and away! It's too bad that grappling hook was so glitchy, it'd unhook and dissapear all the time, oh well.

But yeah, my point is that ropes are cool. I like ropes.