randomness

Anything else
Assaultman67

Re: randomness

Post by Assaultman67 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:02 pm

moomoohk wrote:I dunno who the fuck Invertin is but I can assure you I was like this since the day I was dropped.
Invertin was there when you dropped. Just sitting there ... Staring ... Smirking ...

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:28 pm

Assaultman67 wrote:Invertin was there when you dropped. Just sitting there ... Staring ... Smirking ...
... Licking his lips.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:45 pm

It's a shame the police caught him :cry:

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:49 pm

Freshbite wrote: ... Licking his lips.

petting his snake

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:49 pm

WAY TOO FAST ASSUALTMAN, FUCKING RUINED IT

THANKS

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:56 am

Freshbite wrote:
Assaultman67 wrote:Invertin was there when you dropped. Just sitting there ... Staring ... Smirking ...
... Licking his lips.
This sounds more like the old Grayswandir, actually.

Invertin would be more the type to sit on the ceiling gibbering and giggling at the funny faces a fly on the wall doesn't make as he's preparing your demise in TASTY CHOCOLATE SYRUP SAUCE ...FROM A CAN.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:43 am

I never really found that stuff funny. I'm more dry, i guess.

I was just reading over that thread Invertin made about leaving. What a silly thing to do. Making the thread, I mean.

I was actually looking at Ys I & II on Steam, Ben. Are they actually good? I do love me some old school J-RPG's.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:04 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:I was actually looking at Ys I & II on Steam, Ben. Are they actually good? I do love me some old school J-RPG's.
Ys Books I & Book II are really fun. They're pretty much straight action-RPGs although they're a bit light on the "RPG" side of things. The one out on Steam is a remake of a remake of a remake. The Steam version includes the graphics and soundtracks from all three versions of the game. While they are "RPGs" there's really no reason to over-level. You will have to watch your equipment, but there's no useless items. The game gives you a fairly clear idea of how powerful you are by how much you're being smashed in the face and then you basically stop gaining experience when the game doesn't want you to level anymore. The combat itself is rather strange for an action-RPG. There is no attack button. You literally ram yourself into the enemy. But don't ram yourself directly into the enemy because you'll take damage, you have to attack at an angle or slightly to the side. Its a bit obtuse, but the games are refreshingly simple and have a rockin' soundtrack.

As a heads up, Ys games are fairly difficult, although honestly Ys I & II are the easiest of the series. If you get stuck (which honestly, you might the first time through), there are tons of guides online or you can just ask me over Steam if you want help.

If you don't think Ys 1 & 2 are your style, Ys Origin and Oath in Felghana are more modernized (and use a more standard button mash attack system) but keep the same fast and furious combat with awesome boss fights.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:13 am

...that actually sounds really interesting.
I'll add it to my steam wishlist for now, mm.
Renegade_Turner wrote:I was just reading over that thread Invertin made about leaving. What a silly thing to do. Making the thread, I mean.
You think so? I can't argue, really. Whilst I do think it's a nice thought to make one (and he's kept painfully true to it), it seems an odd thing to do on the interblags.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:57 pm

Once I have money I'm-a get it. I'm painfully broke at the moment.

Yeah, it just sounds a tad self-important to make a thread about yourself leaving a forum. I know it's a small bit rich from me, but I'd never do it.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Words cannot describe how funny I found all that discussing Invertin, I know him well and I gotta say the one about him sitting on the ceiling gibbering is the closest to reality of all of that.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:17 am

Your avatar disturbingly resembles the alien guy from American Dad...

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:06 am

...cannot unsee. Dammit, Gramps.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:04 pm

I will now call him Roger.

I just marathoned Gurren Lagann yesterday. I watched 8 episodes one day and watched he remaining 19 yesterday. I was not disappointed. For a shounen anime that surprisingly hit all the right buttons. It sets out from the beginning that it's going to be ridiculous, so I had no issue with some of the events being ridiculously unrealistic. Some very cool nuclear imagery in there. The show actually had some very cool points to it. It wasn't just POWERFUL CHARACTERS ARE POWERFUL like most of these shows end up being. The end to it was immensely satisfying, all that jazz of not being confined by your creators choices or idea of fate. Fuck god and all that shit.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:40 pm

Gurren Lagann is good silly fun, I'm glad they didn't screw it up by having the show become overly serious about itself at any point, even at the ending. Probably a good thing it is only a single season long- I feel like if they'd gone on longer, they would have risked losing its magic.

I've been watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and it is fucking delightful. I love almost everything about the series. It's very well-animated, the fights are fantastic, the magic/alchemy system is interesting, voices are top-notch, characters are likeable, and the dramatic conspiracy plot is pretty solid based on what I've seen thus far. Suffice it to say that I am pretty badly hooked, I watched 24 episodes between yesterday and today. Honestly, about the only complaint I could possibly have for it is the overabundance of short jokes. I'm sure they average at least one an episode (some episodes have none while others make up for this by having three or four), but this is obviously a pretty minor thing.