Does or Will overgrowth have pvp?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Sitric26

Does or Will overgrowth have pvp?

Post by Sitric26 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:10 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoAG5K81kVg
i found a video of pvp in overgrowth but i cant find out how to do it or was it a one time thing?

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: Does or Will overgrowth have pvp?

Post by Constance » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:39 am

You need to post this in the secret pre order forum, and people will respond.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:22 am

Timbles wrote:You need to post this in the secret pre order forum, and people will respond.
That is NOT the proper way to answer to these kinds of questions. You shouldn't assume that everyone is a pirate. You should assume that everyone is a preorderer, and some of them just haven't set up the proper account.
Remember that answers to these threads will be read by many people besides the original poster.
Sitric26 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoAG5K81kVg
i found a video of pvp in overgrowth but i cant find out how to do it or was it a one time thing?
It was made for some game show or conference, but it hasn't been removed. It's local multiplayer on one computer, so you need to control the second character with a game controller. Here are links to some threads that show how you can get it working, but to see the threads, your forum account has to be registered as a preorderer.

How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14771&p=155717
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15053&p=162569

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:39 am

I saw no reference made to the idea that he was a pirate, he was just saying that if one wants technical help one should ask in the spf. On another note, many people may include pirates, which is why it's preferred that technical questions are asked in the spf, because anyone who preordered can set up their account for access.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:52 am

He asked a question. The question wasn't answered. I might have guessed the reason wrong, but I still think that an answer should be given.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:40 am

that's true anyway.

Sitric26

Post by Sitric26 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:36 am

Thanks Endoperez :)

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Count Roland wrote:I saw no reference made to the idea that he was a pirate, he was just saying that if one wants technical help one should ask in the spf. On another note, many people may include pirates, which is why it's preferred that technical questions are asked in the spf, because anyone who preordered can set up their account for access.
^
That and people should set up their accounts for the SPF anyways.

Ylvali

Post by Ylvali » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:39 am

The question is a perfectly legitimate one to ask BEFORE preordering, because pvp or not is a deciding factor for many customers. It makes no sense to preorder only to discover the game will not include the feature you're interested in.

Also, it's not a "technical question" at all. It's a question if the game will include a basic gameplay feature or not, a feature that is cruical to including an entire market segment: the competitive gamers. Such questions don't belong in the SPF at all because it's very nature makes it more likely to be asked before deciding to buy the game, so it's clearly a question for the puplic space.

I preordered myself based on videos I'd seen way back in the "lugaro 2" days, showing early multiplayer tests. So I assumed multiplayer was a given feature. I've since learned that there might be no pvp multiplayer at all, in which case I'll probably never play it. I do feel a little cheated for this, but for me the preorder has been worth it just for the chance to study the development process and support a very innovative team.

I've said it before, but a sucessful execution of pvp multiplayer would make Overgrowth a candidate for being one of the great fighting games. The casual single player crowd may be a much larger market, but the competitive gamers are the ones who would organize tournaments and continually improve the game balance year after year. So it would be a shame to miss out on that IMO. If lugaro had good PVP I'm convinced it would still be a very alive community working with it.

TheWrathPrince

Post by TheWrathPrince » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:18 pm

offcourse bro. everytime you battle experience will occure and ideas.