Alpha access E-mail

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
[email protected]

Alpha access E-mail

Post by [email protected] » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:10 pm

I pre-ordered this game a few hours ago, but I have yet to receive an email containing my access key. I've only received my order receipt from Google Checkout. I have tried to have the key re-sent several times to no avail. I did check my spam folder, but there is no email there, either. Is there just a lot of traffic due to Mojam?

Also, is there a way to change my screen name? Google's brilliant autocomplete "feature" stuck my alternate e-mail address in the username box. .

last

Re: Alpha access E-mail

Post by last » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:21 pm

I don't get it. Usually when you first make a forum account here then you have to register with your preorder key to get the preorderer tag, but you already have that. How's that even possible that you haven't seen the key?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:37 pm

My guess: he got the mail (or rather the mails, in his case :D ) after he opened this thread and figured it out.

I don't think you can change your username. But maybe an admin can do it.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Actually I never received the email. It eventually showed up in my humble bundle account, though. My guess is that a moderator finally got around to approving the message well after I had activated my copy, rendering it redundant. All's well.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Changing your forum name isn't easy, but if you find Jeff in IRC, or email [email protected] - but specifically ask that the message get to him, he might be able to change it for you. You should include what you'd like your name to be... (I wouldn't "expect" it to happen though...)

MasterVeemon

Post by MasterVeemon » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:14 pm

Preorderers are pretty much Moderators xD

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:20 am

MasterVeemon wrote:Preorderers are pretty much Moderators xD
Only in one way! :P

There used to be a bad spam problem here, and there weren't enough moderators. Since anyone can recognize a human from the normal spambots, and spambots don't preorder games, they let all preorderers to decide whether a new poster is a spambot or not.