Torn Armor is on Kickstarter!

Anything else
tornworld_jack

Torn Armor is on Kickstarter!

Post by tornworld_jack » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Torn Armor is a fantasy squad-based skirmish board game set in the world of Torn. It will feature 39 highly detailed miniatures ranging from 20mm in height through to over 60mm in height, 4 double sided color battle board, spell and equipment cards, and 12 dry erasable unit cards.

The Kickstarter page for Torn Armor is here

And a gameplay video on YouTube here

Please check it out! And even if you don't back the project, at least help spread the word!

Check us out on Google+ and Facebook!

bloodycoathanger

Re: Torn Armor is on Kickstarter!

Post by bloodycoathanger » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:07 am

i really like the idea of this. the dust game she mentioned looks great too

tornworld_jack

Post by tornworld_jack » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:46 pm

bloodycoathanger wrote:i really like the idea of this. the dust game she mentioned looks great too
Thanks! I am glad it looks appealing :D
Yeah, the Dust: Tactics game is pretty cool. We have had some people describe Torn Armor as a mix of Summoner Wars and Memoir '44.

tornworld_jack

Post by tornworld_jack » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:47 pm

A look at our 75k stretch goals! :)

Help get the project funded so we can work our way to these awesome additions:

x5 Sisk advanced warrior unit "Kore"
x6 Maychian advanced shalcat (jaguar) warrior unit "Urnugal"
x6 Mercenary murodae (ratling) unit "Morishnool"
x12 New spell cards
x12 New equipment cards
x1 Torn Armor dice cup!

Check us out! Torn Armor Kickstarter page

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:01 pm

The page says that the game is based on the rich lore of Torn.
Running the risk of outing myself as a complete ignoramus when it comes to modern fantasy; what is Torn?

tornworld_jack

Post by tornworld_jack » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:45 pm

EPR89 wrote:The page says that the game is based on the rich lore of Torn.
Running the risk of outing myself as a complete ignoramus when it comes to modern fantasy; what is Torn?
Ahaha don't you worry EPR89, you aren't outing yourself at all. Torn (or the Torn World) is a fantasy world that had been in development for around 20 years, behind the scenes as a fantasy roleplaying setting/world. It has undergone a long history, and has had many iterations of it, but finally has started to be shared into the world (as of 2010). Alyssa Faden (who is pretty active on Facebook and G+) is really the mastermind behind it all.

She and I were beginning to release maps, character packs, adventures and players guides for the Pathfinder roleplaying game to introduce everyone to it, but decided to change things up and instead produce a board game instead (hence: Torn Armor). Our ultimate goal is to not only have the skirmish board game, but also continue to release written material (in both gaming and fantasy fiction format)

tornworld_jack

Post by tornworld_jack » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:54 pm

oh and hey!

Keep an eye out on the Torn Armor Kickstarter! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/147 ... torn-armor

The Torn Armor team is getting ready to announce a collaboration with a big miniatures company during the Kickstarter ;)

tornworld_jack

Post by tornworld_jack » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:39 pm

Check these two bad boys out from the Torn Armor kickstarter :)

(you get them at the $100 level).

Last edited by tornworld_jack on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tornworld_jack

Post by tornworld_jack » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:38 pm

Big news for this project! Get in now before we hit 500 backers!

"Reaper Miniatures has given us the greenlight to add their Clockwork Dragon as a Torn Armor unit; complete with unit card. When we hit 60k, we'll even create a new map set and special scenario. Of course, this gives us an excuse to introduce the "flying units" and "breath weapon" rules =D

The best part of this? The first 500 backers to pledge $75 or more (the game or any combination of add-ons and pledge levels) gets the Clockwork Dragon FOR FREE with no extra shipping."

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/147 ... r?ref=live

tornworld_jack

Post by tornworld_jack » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:31 pm

Still about 24 hours to go for the current Battle for An Gearesdan: REFER A FRIEND!
Get a friend to pledge to the Torn Armor kickstarter! Have them post in Update #8 and mention your name and what faction they are fighting for! Your friends can pledge ANY AMOUNT (even $1)... BUT for every friend you bring on-board that pledges $75 or more, we will throw in $10 worth of add-ons for you AND your friend (you choose what you want independently), free of charge! (You can use this $10 towards something that costs a greater amount.)
This battle and offer ends 9:00 PM PST on Thursday March 14th! Don't miss it!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/147 ... torn-armor

GREAT NEWS!
The two HUGE miniature units (the War Elephant and the Behemoth Kerrosus) have been UNLOCKED! That's right, they have unlocked early and are now available as add-ons on the Torn Armor Kickstarter!

MORE GREAT NEWS!
The Torn World is now collaborating with Reaper Miniatures! The first 500 backers of $75 or more will receive the Clockwork Dragon FREE! The Clockwork Dragon will be a mercenary unit for the Torn Armor game, meaning that either side can use it!(The mini will come complete with its own unique unit stat card).
http://www.reapermini.com/graphics/gall ... 77_w_1.jpg

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:26 pm

I'd say you're treading a fine line here between shameless self-promotion and spam.

You've made 5 posts in a row here. Clearly, people have gotten your message. I suggest you stand down and atleast cease the double posting before you find yourself thrown out.

Consider this a friendly warning.

tornworld_jack

Post by tornworld_jack » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:49 pm

Ah indeed. I was just hoping to spread the good word. Definitely was not intending it to be spam.
It's kind of hard to know if people are "hearing" what is being said there there is zero activity/questions/comments, etc.
I just thought I was catching everyone at the wrong time :(

I will slow down my update speed(s) and will post maybe only 1-2 times a week.
Hopefully no one misses out :)

Thank you for the heads up! Game on! :)
~Jack

Stuntddude

Post by Stuntddude » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Freshbite wrote:I'd say you're treading a fine line here between shameless self-promotion and spam.
I can't be the only one noticing how unimpeachably cheesy everything about this thread is.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:01 pm

I've been avoiding this thread so I don't snap at people.

Honestly, I think Kickstarter is the worst thing that has ever happened to modding and indie game development.

There was enough people trying to pitch their ideas for money before. Kickstarter dumped a fuckload of gasoline on that fire after turning begging for money into a systematic process.

Why not develop the game *then* sell it?

If you have financial problems, get a job.

For fucks sake I've seen modders out there with full time jobs, develop their mods in their spare time, come up with AMAZING stuff, and then release it all for free. What happened to *that* kind of passion? Fuck this get rich quick shit that is plaguing indie gaming nowadays.

The ONLY asset you need to make a game is time.

I just can't comprehend why people think they can just beg for money, turn around and assemble a team to make their shitty idea for pennies on the dollar, then sell their game for mega bucks.

Fuck you. Seriously, Fuck you so hard.

Take Freshbite's hint and shut the fuck up.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:32 am

No one forces you to pay them any money.
The simple fact is that people need money to get by. Some people like to earn their money by developing games, or other entertainment related systems (Oculus Rift). For completely new developments you need a lot of time, sometimes more than a full time job allows you. This is where stuff like Kickstarter can help. People can build existences and start careers without having to take massive debts first, by getting a loan from a bank. This way they are forced to be successful, because they would not be able to pay the interest rates.
Kickstarter can literally kickstart creative ideas by potentially reducing the risk for these people.
It's up to the backers to evaluate these concepts and decide what to support. I would never pay someone money who does not have a very clear concept of what he is going to do that can be realised.

I completely agree that this thread is extremely pushy and not really good advertisement for the game, but what you just said about Kickstarter is complete and utter bullshit.