randomness

Anything else
adwuga

Re: randomness

Post by adwuga » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:33 am

I feel like I'm going to end up disliking the game, because EVERYONE is going fucking insane over the game, and I feel like it's inevitable that I will be disappointed. Is it just the story that is so great, or is the gameplay actually fun and unique-ish and not too repetitive and requires some amount of creativity and skill(That is pretty much my criteria for a good game, with exceptions).

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:35 am

Okay, this isn't a rule with things like this, but check out the Metacritic scores.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/bioshock-infinite

96% aggregate from 48 published game critics, and 90% aggregate from 1664 user reviews. There must be something about it. When it has that kind of unanimous response (and from such a large sample) then it must be a great game, regardless of whether you like or dislike it. I can't wait to play it. Finished Bioshock 2 the other day (finally, after like 3 years) and I'm just finishing up Borderlands 2 which was hanging in the back of my head for a while now. Then it's on to Bioshock Infinite. And it shall be sweet.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:55 am

You guys are starting to convince me that I should take a gander at that Bioshock series at all!

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:22 pm

I don't actually really see what's so wonderfully awesome about Bioshock Infinite. It just seems like another Bioshock that isn't so dark and twisted. I gotta agree, it's cool but not something to flip over a table in excitement and piss yourself like everyone has (in my opinion).

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:29 pm

What if I pissed myself but didn't flip a table?

Also what if pissing my pants had nothing to do with playing Bioshock Infinite?

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:10 pm

Just another jew day for you, ain't it?

On a more serious note, grats on that presentation you did.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Timbles wrote:I don't actually really see what's so wonderfully awesome about Bioshock Infinite. It just seems like another Bioshock that isn't so dark and twisted. I gotta agree, it's cool but not something to flip over a table in excitement and piss yourself like everyone has (in my opinion).
Yeah that's what I was saying when I started playing, more or less. "Wow, this is really pretty and the atmosphere and aesthetics are fantastic, but this isn't seeming much different from the first two Bioshocks."

Then the ending came, and I came along with it.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:02 pm

I find that, in general, Metacritic's scores are fairly unreliable. More often than not though, the positive or negative responses are reasonable. But I have noticed a certain trend of reoccurring flocks of people with severely prejudiced opinions. Personally, I put more trust into the people submitting Gamespot's Userscore.

However, this game in particular seems to be rated relatively reasonably.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:34 am

I'm severely tempted to check out Infinite but I've found myself at a complete loss for money for the last couple months, I had to trade in a few games just so I could finally play the Walking Dead game and now I want survival instinct. Too much out at the moment and I don't have nearly enough money for it all.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:09 pm

zoidberg rules wrote:I'm severely tempted to check out Infinite but I've found myself at a complete loss for money for the last couple months, I had to trade in a few games just so I could finally play the Walking Dead game and now I want survival instinct. Too much out at the moment and I don't have nearly enough money for it all.

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:03 pm

underthedeep wrote:
zoidberg rules wrote:I'm severely tempted to check out Infinite but I've found myself at a complete loss for money for the last couple months, I had to trade in a few games just so I could finally play the Walking Dead game and now I want survival instinct. Too much out at the moment and I don't have nearly enough money for it all.
I don't get it
Glabbit wrote:Just another jew day for you, ain't it?

On a more serious note, grats on that presentation you did.

It was a pretty cool experience I must admit.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:56 pm

That's the typical impression of a pirate's jolly roger flag.

The point being that he was saying if you're broke as fuck, pirate the game.

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:02 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:That's the typical impression of a pirate's jolly roger flag.

The point being that he was saying if you're broke as fuck, pirate the game.
I was trying to say "I don't wanna be around when they drag you to internet jail. Lol who am I kidding everybody pirates".

Some things can't be conveyed well over the internet unfortunately.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:26 pm

I see, my apologies. I figured that living in Israel must have been like living under a rock so I tried to explain it to you.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:55 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:I see, my apologies. I figured that living in Israel must have been like living under a rock so I tried to explain it to you.
oh jew!! haha