What do you fear most in reciever?

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: What do you fear most in reciever?

Post by Constance » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:54 am

Press C to crouch and you might be able to dodge the hoverbot while it's stooping down to murder you. But my worst fear in Receiver is if my sound stops working and I have to continue without sound. Did that once, and it was a jump-scare fest.

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:30 pm

Those fucking taser bots scare the shit out of me! You will be slowly creeping into a doorway trying not get spotted by the turrets, then all of a sudden ZAP! taser from behind. :shock: :o

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:35 pm

>mfw i hear a beep

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:39 pm

Timbles wrote:>mfw i hear a beep

^exactly!

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:46 pm

"nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope"

Stuntddude

Post by Stuntddude » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:19 pm

Everything.

Seriously, every encounter with an enemy leaves my heart racing. Something about the combination of touchy gun controls, enemy design, ambiance, and the music, makes the game an absolute adrenaline rollercoaster for me.

droog

Post by droog » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:05 pm

The turrets are no problem, but the god damn drones get me every time. :evil:
But my deaths only motivating me to play further and make it at the next time. (It's quite hard in my opinion)

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:22 pm

Drones are easy to shoot when they're charging towards you, you have a good aim and you're used to it. Once you get practice, you'll be downing drones one at a time.

droog

Post by droog » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:01 pm

Timbles wrote:Drones are easy to shoot when they're charging towards you, you have a good aim and you're used to it. Once you get practice, you'll be downing drones one at a time.
I get pumped with adrenaline when four of them rushing towards me. :lol:
Often they are lurking above or besides the doors so they scare the heck out of me when I hear their noises.
But I think I'm getting the hang of this. Know I just have to memorize the hotkeys without the help menu... :mrgreen:
I never would have guessed the game would be such fun. :D

LemonsAndDragons

Post by LemonsAndDragons » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:42 pm

Taserbots. I've had them kill me when I couldn't even see them.

TehEpic

Post by TehEpic » Sun May 05, 2013 3:40 pm

To be honest, what scares me is the guy's voice. It's not that whoever is narrating has a bad voice. It's just how monotone he is. It honestly gives me the creeps.

I also hate it when I think I have disabled a turret's gun and I just stop in front of it for a second and it just suddenly fires a hail of bullets at me ;-;.

Finally, the thing I hate the most is when you can see a shock drone's lights but not the actual drone itself. I just backtrack to the other side of the map.

Arrkhal

Post by Arrkhal » Sun May 05, 2013 10:06 pm

What I really hate is when a drone sees me in a doorway, flies over and crashes into the wall, then waits there, with me having no idea which side of the door it's on.

MaravekZane

Post by MaravekZane » Mon May 06, 2013 6:55 am

Well, the thing that scares me the most is when I've only got ONE bullet left in my entire inventory, and I find out that there are 2 zap bots hovering around a turret.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Tue May 07, 2013 5:56 pm

My worst fear in Receiver is sprinting through rooftops and then awkwardly falling down to the ground because I miscalculated a jump or made one more unnecessary dash.

Cooperal

Post by Cooperal » Tue May 07, 2013 8:22 pm

After playing a bunch of pacifist runs, I can honestly say that the flying drones are the one to fear. Mistakes with (and especially without) a gun are tremendously more likely to cost you your playthrough.

From the pacifist runs, you can quickly get a grasp of the turrets weaknesses besides the obvious rotating blind spot. By chasing blind spots or sprinting past across from their line of fire, you really can skip 90% of turrets to get where you want to be.

Heck one time I'd ran out of bullets on an ordinary playthrough and didn't feel like dealing with the stress of finding more so I jumped in sight of a turret and stood completely still, only opposite ends of a corridor from eachother. Every shot whizzed past my ears until after a few tens of rounds it simply stopped firing for good. I wanted to die but the powers that be wouldn't let me. :(

But man, those tasers never seem to get easier. The things I do to successfully avoid them. So hit or miss. Hard to tell whether I should call it skill or luck.