Re: randomness

Post by underthedeep » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:45 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:Oh my fucking god this video had me in tears

HD

hahahaa omg what IS this game?

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:51 am

How could you have missed out on Surgeon Simulator 2013? It's teh shitz.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Freshbite wrote:How could you have missed out on Surgeon Simulator 2013? It's teh shitz.
well back when it came out it seems my computer was too shitty to run it so i paid no mind.

i just played it.

it is the shitz.

i'm afraid i couldn't drink the patients new heart when i put it in my cup doe :'(

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:38 pm

The sadness over what you can't do is completely shadowed by the joy of what you CAN do.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:55 am

So I've been playing through the Resistance 3 campaign (only a year and a half late), it's fairly fun and certainly better than the second- big thing I like is it got rid of the silly generic FPS mechanics (regenerating health, two weapon limit) in lieu of a "carry every weapon simultaneously and find health kits" system. The guns themselves are really fun to use, every weapon feels unique and has a thumpy response that makes the guns feel weighty as opposed to feeling like laser rifles ala Call of Duty. Level design is pretty good, it's easy to tell where you're supposed to go and there's been a good handful of open areas, hidden flanking routes, and so on which prevents it from feeling like a complete corridor shooter, but I can't say I'm a fan of the aesthetics- some of the visual effects are nice and lend a good feeling of near-apocalypse to the atmosphere (raining ash, mists, semi-visible enemy movement in the distance, etc) but I can't get over the fact that grey and brown seem to be the primary colours of the game. Even the grass is a sickly-looking dull green during one level where it's sunny and well-lit, and the water is pretty much just murky cesspools.

The story's okay, nothing deeply special or complex- Chimeran tower in New York is producing some kind of wormhole that's freezing over the Earth (Most humanoid Chimera are morphed humans that have really high body temperatures and have to wear cooling packs; a cooler environment eliminates the need for this) and powering terraformers which are wiping out human settlements and reforming the terrain for Chimeran use. Let's go blow it the fuck up. Simple and straightforward, doesn't try to be overly elaborate and therefore doesn't come up with any stupid plotholes (so far, at least) The game focuses more on the gameplay and lets the background story unfold through collectible intel packets on weapons, enemies, vehicles, other soldiers, military operations, etc. The universe is nicely detailed. The game's basically been playing like a darker, modernized Half-Life 2- a resisting group of humans struggling against parasitic alien invaders, blowing up phallic structures to free themselves from extraterrestrial tyranny. If it had actual colors beyond grey, brown, and shades of fire, I'd appreciate it a little more, but that's more of a minor graphics gripe than an irredeemable fault.

I guess I'll give my final rating when I finish it, so far it's looking like a solid 8/10 or so, fun to play through once, but I doubt there'll be very much replay value to it.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Now watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. Halfway through the series, it's SO GOOD so far anyway.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:49 pm

Can't wait until I hear your reaction about the ending :lol:

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:10 pm

My internet cops out for four days, and I come back to find the randomness thread on the same page?
You guys are losing your touch.

droog

Post by droog » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Glabbit wrote:My internet cops out for four days, and I come back to find the randomness thread on the same page?
You guys are losing your touch.
Shame on us! :|

Edit: Here's your new page. Just for you :D

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:11 pm

What an utter delight!
It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

By the by, your username isn't a Dungeon Siege reference, is it?
Well it reminds me of Dungeon Siege every time I see it anyway.

Amooh.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:41 pm

And I'm just sayin'; that's an awesome avatar.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:36 pm

Assaultman67 wrote:Can't wait until I hear your reaction about the ending :lol:
Ahh no don't say that. I'm at 17 now and it's so good, I love every second of it. Don't tell me it's bad. As long as it's just confusing or something, I don't want this to end shoddily. =[

Also my older brother Eoin watched all of them when they originally came out pretty much, and he's watched the 3 films that were an updated retelling of the story, he said the new ones were actually better.

What he did say is that in the series shit becomes fucked up by the end. As in things are really fucked up.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:43 pm

NGE has a pretty notorious reputation to be deep and thought provoking. I honestly was just curious what you would think of the ending (really the series in general).

I am just intellectually starved when it comes to anime conversations. Really the only time I have any serious conversation as to the plot of anime is here.

I have other friends online into anime, but they don't like what I watch and I don't like what they watch. (probably on a different power level)

So when people announce "I'm watching a really awesome anime show for the first time!" I like to hear their reactions to it.