Favourite Pistol to spawn with?

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: Favourite Pistol to spawn with?

Post by Constance » Wed May 01, 2013 4:38 pm

haidawe wrote:Maybe a good amount of smoke would come out if you shot a bunch of times?
HOLY SHIT A HOVERBOT
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
HOLY SHIT I CAN'T SEEEEEEEE

Full-Auto Glock w/ smoke

TehEpic

Post by TehEpic » Sun May 05, 2013 2:31 pm

droog wrote:
Timbles wrote:
haidawe wrote:I love using the revolver when spawn in with it. It's easy to open and put the bullets in, quickly loading it and shooting it.
Same here. I always love to eject all the bullets out, insert the new ones and spin it like a badass.
Just played receiver for the first time. Add me to the list of the revolver-lovers. :D
Two hours in and I already love the revolver, at first I considered the glock the superior weapon due to the mag capacity. But I adore the case ejection on the revolver and it's mechanics make me think more about the game and be more alert so I have to keep track of how many bullets I fired. And I absolutely loooove spinning it around when putting bullets in. I genuinely feel like a badass.

Arrkhal

Post by Arrkhal » Sun May 05, 2013 7:55 pm

I definitely like the Glock best. I always keep track of how much ammo I have (and I find the witness holes on the Glock mags way easier to use; the holes in 1911 mags are very annoying, in game and IRL), even with the huge magazine.

That said, my best run so far (8 tapes) was actually with the revolver.

Cooperal

Post by Cooperal » Sun May 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Gotta be the 1911 for me. The Glock capacity feels too generous, I seem to aim better than when I'm holding a glock, you don't need to worry about accidentally firing in fully-automatic and unlike the revolver it doesn't feel as awkward to top-up a single expended round. Plus the revolvers stopping power seems relatively disappointing, packing no more punch to flying drones and being no more effective due to the requirement of hitting weakpoints.

Funnily enough I find the 1911 to be the least stylish of the 3 available, meaning my fave is purely down to the type of game we're playing. :mrgreen:

Only completed the game with the Glock.

chitoryu12

Post by chitoryu12 » Mon May 06, 2013 12:49 am

I like the revolver, more because of personal bias: I'm a huge fan of .38 revolvers because of their ease of use and the cartridge having such low recoil for its power, so the Model 10 just plain feels good to me. I may also have a Revolver Ocelot-style love of the reloading process....

dopaminecowboy

Post by dopaminecowboy » Mon May 06, 2013 2:41 am

The 1911 for purely aesthetic reasons. The glock maybe has an edge but I don't like using it. It looks plain and I'm tempted to use auto when I have two+ mags of ammo.

They seem pretty balanced overall.

TehEpic

Post by TehEpic » Mon May 06, 2013 4:55 am

haidawe wrote:
TehEpic wrote: Two hours in and I already love the revolver, at first I considered the glock the superior weapon due to the mag capacity. But I adore the case ejection on the revolver and it's mechanics make me think more about the game and be more alert so I have to keep track of how many bullets I fired. And I absolutely loooove spinning it around when putting bullets in. I genuinely feel like a badass.
What I do mostly due to the fact that I'm compulsive is extract the casings and pick up the usable bullets and insert more, just to make sure I always have a full gun.
I usually don't do that because I think it's slightly unrealistic, that you can just pick up any useable bullets just as they are ejected.

I also forgot to mention, I feel like revolver ocelot when I use it, they should probably add an animation to spin it around your finger.

MaravekZane

Post by MaravekZane » Mon May 06, 2013 6:49 am

My favorite gun in the game is the 1911, mainly because its the best looking, and it more fun to reload :D . But if I were to think strategically, I would probably say the revolver because its much easier to monitor and not be wasteful with ammo...it's also much faster when reloading.

Groenendael72

Post by Groenendael72 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:50 pm

I like the 1911, beacause there's somthing magical about running out of ammo, and knowing that you'll get to pull back the slide after you reload. It's the most fun part of the game. I never run out of ammo with the Glock beacause I just load all the ammo in one mag, and then have none left. The revolver is my second favorite, though, beacause of it's quick reload time. And really, if you need more than six shots then you shouldn't be shooting. :wink:

LazyAmerican

Post by LazyAmerican » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:50 pm

Is it really that unrealistic to pick up unspent casings from the revolver? I wouldn't know personally....the only thing I could think is that maybe they'd be hot and as such you wouldn't wanna touch them again immediately afterwards?

NavyCuda

Post by NavyCuda » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:44 am

TehEpic wrote:
I usually don't do that because I think it's slightly unrealistic, that you can just pick up any useable bullets just as they are ejected.
Well I must point out that your view point is in error. Any cartridge that has not been discharged is easily collected from the ejected brass.
LazyAmerican wrote:Is it really that unrealistic to pick up unspent casings from the revolver? I wouldn't know personally....the only thing I could think is that maybe they'd be hot and as such you wouldn't wanna touch them again immediately afterwards?
It would take a significant amount of ammunition being put through the revolver for the cylinder to get hot enough to transfer enough heat to the brass to be uncomfortable to handle. If that were the case, the firearm would also be rather uncomfortable to handle.

TehEpic

Post by TehEpic » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:11 am

NavyCuda wrote:
Well I must point out that your view point is in error. Any cartridge that has not been discharged is easily collected from the ejected brass.
It would be rather hard for someone who most likely has had poor weapons training to simply sweep up all of the un-spent bullets on the ground that have been ejected as quickly as you can.

NavyCuda

Post by NavyCuda » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:52 am

TehEpic wrote:
NavyCuda wrote:
It would be rather hard for someone who most likely has had poor weapons training to simply sweep up all of the un-spent bullets on the ground that have been ejected as quickly as you can.

What do you base that uneducated opinion on?

Spent cases are very easily distinguishable from live cartridges. There are a number of notable features that would make identification possible by hand alone. Also, if you knew you had live cartridges to remove, you would empty the cylinder into your hand, collect the live cartridges and drop the spent cases.

Gleedaniel13

Post by Gleedaniel13 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Spent cases are very easily distinguishable from live cartridges. There are a number of notable features that would make identification possible by hand alone. Also, if you knew you had live cartridges to remove, you would empty the cylinder into your hand, collect the live cartridges and drop the spent cases.
I think you should by the new versions of guns so that you may easily identify the spent cases with the live cartridges. Just to avoid battle of words here. :lol:

NavyCuda

Post by NavyCuda » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:00 pm

Gleedaniel13 wrote:
I think you should by the new versions of guns so that you may easily identify the spent cases with the live cartridges. Just to avoid battle of words here. :lol:
I don't know what "guns" is.

My comment is based off my real life experience with firearms.