Dual Wielding

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Xiao

Dual Wielding

Post by Xiao » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:09 pm

Will Lugaru 2 feature Dual Wielding? As in the ability to take weapons from your opponents, and use two swords at once for more sylish fighting? It really should, and if so, then there should be a button combonation that, when you're behind an enemy and you have one weapon, kills the enemy and steals his weapon in the same move very brutally. Such as, you're behind an enemy rabbit, press and hold both right and left click, and watch Turner stab the enemy in the stomach from behind, grab his enemy's weapon before it even hits the ground, stabs this newfound weapon into the enemy, then releases both blades and uses them to chop off his head. PWN'D!

Or you could stick your dagger into a guys shoulder while running, do a flip over him while dragging your dagger through him to the other side, grab his weapon, and release your dagger to watch the enemy split in two. PWN'D!

This kind of thing would be uber-satisfying, as well as an interesting gameplay element.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:52 am

JLrep

Post by JLrep » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:54 am

You've been playing too much Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

I'm going to tell you a secret: Sands of Time was much, much better.

Xiao

Post by Xiao » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:43 am

Warrior Within has steal kills?? The hell, the tutorial never told me how to do that, I'm getting this stuff from Gladiator.

And T2T was better then SoT, but yes, SoT was better then WW.

Mike_Cuzins
Twitch

Post by Mike_Cuzins » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:38 pm

random idea dumping thread?

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:52 pm

What about it? Don't you ever think before you click "submit" that maybe people on the other end are actually going to read your stupid, malformed posts some day? It's almost like there's a record full of incomprehensible bullshit playing in your mind 24/7, and you put the needle down randomly and whatever it picks up, you just type it up in a comment and shoot it off to us, usually mid-sentence.

Sorry, I just had to use that comment, funny as hell when I read it. It was taken almost directly from Thebestpageintheuniverse
[quote="madox's "blog""]* what about asian people?

What about them? Don't you retards think before you click "Send" that maybe someone on the other end is actually going to read your stupid, malformed emails some day? It's almost like there's a record full of incomprehensible bullshit playing in your mind 24/7, and you put the needle down randomly and whatever it picks up, you just type it up in an email and shoot it off to me, usually mid-sentence. [/quote] This is the original thing taken from his site
Laughed so hard the first time a read that. The context is that people are spamming him tons and tons of ideas (which he hasn't asked for) to write about. His ideas are so goddamn funny I actually have his recently created book right here (not saying I actually bought it though, it's my brothers, I think you have to be a certain age to buy it, it gets pretty rude and gorey violent. Wow, I'm immature).

Vib Rib
Lugaru da Vinci

Post by Vib Rib » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:44 pm

On the topic of complex and gory finishers:

Mike_Cuzins
Twitch

Post by Mike_Cuzins » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:46 pm

haha! those are brilliant
*sweet BBQ*
hehehe...

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:24 am

Good as always. :) You are making quite a collection!

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:05 am

Oh god, Mike!

Your avatar is David's photoshopped eye. If that doesn't scare the hell out of him, I don't know what will. Seriously though, that's pretty creepy... uhh, this is sorta awkward, what do you say to something like that. You're such a whako! :o Man, who does this!?
The start of something creepy, let's take a moment and see what happens

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:00 am

Fixed.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:12 pm

Zantalos wrote:What about it? Don't you ever think before you click "submit" that maybe people on the other end are actually going to read your stupid, malformed posts some day? It's almost like there's a record full of incomprehensible bullshit playing in your mind 24/7, and you put the needle down randomly and whatever it picks up, you just type it up in a comment and shoot it off to us, usually mid-sentence.

Sorry, I just had to use that comment, funny as hell when I read it. It was taken almost directly from Thebestpageintheuniverse
[quote="madox's "blog""]* what about asian people?

What about them? Don't you retards think before you click "Send" that maybe someone on the other end is actually going to read your stupid, malformed emails some day? It's almost like there's a record full of incomprehensible bullshit playing in your mind 24/7, and you put the needle down randomly and whatever it picks up, you just type it up in an email and shoot it off to me, usually mid-sentence.
This is the original thing taken from his site
Laughed so hard the first time a read that. The context is that people are spamming him tons and tons of ideas (which he hasn't asked for) to write about. His ideas are so goddamn funny I actually have his recently created book right here (not saying I actually bought it though, it's my brothers, I think you have to be a certain age to buy it, it gets pretty rude and gorey violent. Wow, I'm immature).[/quote]

Zantalos, you constantly type right off the top of your head. I think you were joking, and you better have been, or that would be proving yourself to be an foolish hypocrite. If you were joking, disregard all of what I just said and I apologise. Otherwise...The only problem I would say he has is double-posting.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:28 pm

Yes, I was joking, duh!

I read that article and found it hilarious and wanted to use it somehow. I didn't really write it, basically just copied it right here and changed a few words.

I wouldn't make that whole thing up just because he said "Random idea dumping thread."
And it wasn't for his doubleposting, which isn't really that bad considering he's done it like what... two or three times. It's for random comments like this that he sprays out like 4 every ten minutes, that whole day he got 40 posts in a matter of like 4 hours. I'm not mad at him or anything, I just really thought that paragraph was funny, it even fit the context pretty well.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:30 pm

No, he's done the double-post thing about 10 times or so. I'm not going to bother going to find them. He's done it a lot. People told him to stop, though, so he did. All is cool.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:49 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:No, he's done the double-post thing about 10 times or so. I'm not going to bother going to find them. He's done it a lot. People told him to stop, though, so he did. All is cool.
aww crap you're right, 9 posts side by side.

I think alot of those shouldn't count since you guys didn't reply to his post for like an hour sometimes. He might as well just post again if nobody responds, I wouldn't realize it if he just edited his post longer. So if you take that all into account, and then only count the number of times he's done it, it's like 3. Well, the last one is a half hour apart. But, yeah that is what I was thinking.