What hobbies you guys have besides gaming?

Anything else
Hionimi

What hobbies you guys have besides gaming?

Post by Hionimi » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:05 pm

Just an idea that sprung to mind, a what's-your-hobby topic. 8) It's always interesting to see what people love to do, especially special hobbies. So yeah, share if you wish, go nuts if you want, from collecting post-stamps to climbing the Himalaya with no cord while dressed up as a cowboy. :mrgreen: (If you're wondering, no, I do not know anyone who does that, but with this crazy world, I would not be too surprised if someone actually thought about trying that.)

underthedeep

Re: What hobbies you guys have besides gaming?

Post by underthedeep » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:18 pm

drinking.

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:24 pm

Exercising, that is about it.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:41 am

Having things like hobbies and fun is so mainstream.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:00 am

Being a hipster counts as a hobby, as it's pretty much a full-time anti-job.
Personally I prefer gaming though.
Most often with thoughts like "I could be studying/practicing violin/kissing/cooking/drawing right now".

Hionimi

Post by Hionimi » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:17 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:Having things like hobbies and fun is so mainstream.
Depends on what your hobby is I guess. :mrgreen: And what's wrong with mainstream, next to impossible to be original on a planet with roughly 7 billion people on it. :lol:
Glabbit wrote:Personally I prefer gaming though.
Most often with thoughts like "I could be studying/practicing violin/kissing/cooking/drawing right now".
Yeah, I know that situation all too well. :|

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:07 am

Hobbies as in things I'm doing more than once or twice a month?

watching anime and other animated stuff

... drawing, I guess? I mostly do that at school though.

Hobbies or interests, as in, I'd love to do them a lot if I had the chance/enough motivation after school:

reading
painting
3D modeling
baking and cooking
taiji as a health practice or, if possible, taiji as a martial art (there's... maybe 1 guy teaching the martial side in Finland)
martial arts in general
go the board game
board games in general

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:21 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Having things like hobbies and fun is so mainstream.

Honey, don't make me bring out "the meme".

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:47 pm

Reading (although I don't get much time for that lately, at least when it comes to novels), just starting out Parkour, swimming, running, Muay Thai and ballroom dancing.
Essentially I just listed them in reverse order of how important they are to me, with swimming and running sharing spot two and Muay Thai and dancing sharing spot number one.

And besides those I like to look into different sports every now and then. I'm studying sports, so I actually have to, but it's great fun. During the winter I will go ice skating and once it gets warmer I'll try out Rugby. Besides that I just see what happens.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Ooh, dancing! Sounds cool. Have you found it useful with Muay Thai practice? There are many old saying about good dancers making good fighters.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Reading, writing, exercise, watching films, cooking.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:38 pm

Endoperez wrote:Ooh, dancing! Sounds cool. Have you found it useful with Muay Thai practice? There are many old saying about good dancers making good fighters.
I started with Muay Thai in 2009 and have just found out that ballroom dancing is something I really love doing last Summer. But it definitely did help in many aspects. In both it is important to understand rhythm and have an understanding of what your body is doing. You need to be able to stay balanced, shift your body weight and stay light on your feet. Dancing is obviously a bit more sophisticated in that aspect, but a sport that puts a lot of emphasis on footwork definitely helps a bunch. And in certain dances I also simply have a cardio advantage over most other people. Samba is usually hell for beginners, because you are using your calves a lot. In combat sports, staying on the balls of your feet is essential. So that's a really good preparation for dances like Jive, Cha-cha-cha or Samba.
And clinching is a bit like dancing with a girl that doesn't want to be led. Although you probably don't want to knee and elbow her to get her to relax. :lol:

But there's definitely a transfer.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:15 pm

take them bitches dancing, bitches love dancing. 8)

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:11 pm

underthedeep wrote:take them bitches dancing, bitches love dancing. 8)
Dudes do too.
Most just don't know it. But it's a great way to get in touch with people. Literally and figuratively.

Hionimi

Post by Hionimi » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:04 am

Akazi and EPR89, you two seems to keep yourself in good shape then, hm? 8) Exercising is certainly something I should do too, not that I can't see my feet anymore, it just doesn't hurt to have some muscle. :lol: Dancing is something I have a lot of respect for, I wouldn't be able to do it myself as I'm shy as Hell... :?

I myself have also long kept to gaming, watching movies and drawing only. I felt however that I needed something that I could do outside, but... Less pointless. People always go on like: "Go biking, go running!" To which I respond with, um, where to? I just find it too boring to walk or bike aimlessly around.

So, my old love for hobby-grade radio controlled cars got sparked, but since they can be pricey and are limited to '2D operation', I got infected with the airborne variant of the RC virus. :mrgreen: And so I started out with RC airplanes, which is now almost two years ago. Lately I switched to Drones, or Quadcopters to be specific. They're fun agile little device that are easier in use as they can fly in small and big areas alike, where planes mostly need a lot of room since most of them can't hover.