Weapon Requests (ya dont have to make them if ya dun want XD

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Matthehusky

Weapon Requests (ya dont have to make them if ya dun want XD

Post by Matthehusky » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:35 am

Hay guys i was just woundering about having some weapons made to go with the extra weapons that i moded in (got the mod from this sight) here is a list and pictures i would love to see
Red 9 pistol
Red 9 pistol
Red 9 pistol
The Revolver from trigun
The trigun
The trigun
MK23 Socom pistol
socom1.jpg
the Lawgiver 2 from judge dred
Dredd2.jpg
Dredd2.jpg (35.47 KiB) Viewed 29516 times
Togasa's pistol from Ghost in the shell
MRS-MM2007-L.jpg
leaver action Weapon (dont know the model of it
winc1.jpg
winc1.jpg (32.57 KiB) Viewed 29516 times
The SAA (single action army revolver)
Colt_Factory_engraved.JPG
And finaly Alucard's pistol from hellsing
casull.jpg
it would be fantastic to see these weapons X3 and sorry if its quite long lol anyway guys thank you for taking ya time to look at this and please have a good day (sorry if its in the wrong place and my spelling is wrong its not my strong point lol)

ArgenGuy

Re: Weapon Requests (ya dont have to make them if ya dun wan

Post by ArgenGuy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:56 am

That sawed-off lever action rifle is known as the Mare's leg: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare%27s_Leg

While it's a cool weapon I would prefer to see a Winchester 1887 in 10 Gauge like the one that Arnold Schwarzenegger uses in Terminator 2.

Matthehusky

Post by Matthehusky » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:14 pm

ArgenGuy wrote:That sawed-off lever action rifle is known as the Mare's leg: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare%27s_Leg

While it's a cool weapon I would prefer to see a Winchester 1887 in 10 Gauge like the one that Arnold Schwarzenegger uses in Terminator 2.
I totaly agree with you sir XD

Lotsofgunfire

Post by Lotsofgunfire » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:15 am

If we're going to involve the Mauser C96 it should be the original version or the M712 Schnellfeuer.

M712 Schnellfeuer:

Matthehusky

Post by Matthehusky » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:29 am

Lotsofgunfire wrote:If we're going to involve the Mauser C96 it should be the original version or the M712 Schnellfeuer.

M712 Schnellfeuer:
lol i couldent find a good pic of the orginal one -u- so i just picked the best looking pic i saw

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:10 pm

I don't know about the others you suggested but I'm planning on adding the C96, I figured out a (long) process to get models from RO2 into Blender so I can add weapons from it, including a better Thompson model. I've screwed up the texture map temporarily but the model still looks really good. Here's a render of it:

The only bad part is that the entire thing is one single mesh, so I have to separate all the parts, but it doesn't take too long. RO2 has 3 upgrades of the C96 that can be used, there's the basic pistol with no removable magazine, the next has a larger removable magazine, and then the final one has a (even larger?) magazine with a large butt stock and full-auto capability. I don't think I'll include the stock but I'm not sure if I should use the stripper clip version or removable magazine, I'm leaning towards the clip though.

I figured I might as well share some more pictures, here's the Thompson, although I'll be using the box magazine rather than the drum:

The rear sight on this model is a lot better than the current one, and the bolt is on the top instead. I think I'll be adding the trench gun too just for another shotgun to use, so here's a render of that too! Minus the bayonet of course

Matthehusky

Post by Matthehusky » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:15 am

That is fantastic! most i really wanted was the trigun XD its a brake open revolver with a auto ejection system and i think its a double action but dont qouat me on that lol

emugod

Post by emugod » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:17 pm

Volley guns. Modding the revolver into a volley gun was easier than I expected (although still not perfectly happy with it yet, presently the toggle is just independent of everything else when I really wanted it to function like a secondary hammer), but I have no modelling ability nor source for good models of something like a COP357 (which I know never had a real volley-fire mod and would probably explode if you tried in real life) or the Spanish 18-shot tribarrel revolver.
volleyguns.jpg
I was a little disappointed to find out how little difference the volley fire really made. The barrels (and thus bullets) are misleadingly close together, so they don't really help compensate for poor aim at all as a shotgun spread might, and the way the bot damage works six shots are exactly as good as one (except that often you can just knock the bot right over, which is fun).

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:23 pm

Yeah it'd be nice to have a break action revolver where the rounds are ejected automatically.

Haha that volley gun or whatever is a little overkill but that's awesome!

ArgenGuy

Post by ArgenGuy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:01 pm

Josh707 wrote:Yeah it'd be nice to have a break action revolver where the rounds are ejected automatically.

Haha that volley gun or whatever is a little overkill but that's awesome!
A Webley Mk VI would be nice. A Webley-Fosbery self-cocking revolver would be even better.

I'm looking forward for that replacement Tommygun aswell. I understand that you want to port it to Receiver with the box mags instead of the drum. A drum would be basically overkill, but also, in order to load them, you have to remove the backplate. So, box mags will have to do, but it should be the 30 rounders this time, because 20 rounds is not enough IMHO.

As for the C96, it think it's an overused pistol.
I would like to see sometime the austrian Steyr-Hahn M1912, which is also loaded by stripper clips or individual rounds*, but its magazine is inside the grip instead in front of the trigger guard. There's even a select-fire version, but it still has a non-removable mag, albeit double the capacity.

Its short recoil with rotating barrel action is pretty interesting, and mechanically accurate.
As for the caliber, it originally fired the 9x23mm Steyr, which is similar to the 9x23mm Largo, but not compatible. Several of these pistols were captured by the germans and rebarreled to 9mm Parabellum.

*In order to load the pistol with individual rounds, you have to engage the safety to keep the slide locked backwards (or else you are in for getting the slide closed on your finger in a similar fashion to the 'Garand thumb', ouchie!). There you go, a firearms that has a practical use for the thumb safety in-game.

Matthehusky

Post by Matthehusky » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:20 am

That would be intresting.. X3

Barfowski

Post by Barfowski » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:38 pm

I think having an option to throw your weapon as a last resort would be a very nice addition to the ways you can damage enemies.

Matthehusky

Post by Matthehusky » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:58 am

Yeah that would be pretty sweet

mopedkalle

Post by mopedkalle » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:18 pm

New weapons would be awesome

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:50 am

ArgenGuy wrote:I'm looking forward for that replacement Tommygun aswell. I understand that you want to port it to Receiver with the box mags instead of the drum. A drum would be basically overkill, but also, in order to load them, you have to remove the backplate. So, box mags will have to do, but it should be the 30 rounders this time, because 20 rounds is not enough IMHO.
Yeah I agree, the replacement is using the 30 round magazine, and box mags are out of the question. The new model is a lot better too, like a 100% improvement. The old sight was awful....
ArgenGuy wrote:As for the C96, it think it's an overused pistol.
I would like to see sometime the austrian Steyr-Hahn M1912, which is also loaded by stripper clips or individual rounds*, but its magazine is inside the grip instead in front of the trigger guard. There's even a select-fire version, but it still has a non-removable mag, albeit double the capacity.

Its short recoil with rotating barrel action is pretty interesting, and mechanically accurate.
As for the caliber, it originally fired the 9x23mm Steyr, which is similar to the 9x23mm Largo, but not compatible. Several of these pistols were captured by the germans and rebarreled to 9mm Parabellum.

*In order to load the pistol with individual rounds, you have to engage the safety to keep the slide locked backwards (or else you are in for getting the slide closed on your finger in a similar fashion to the 'Garand thumb', ouchie!). There you go, a firearms that has a practical use for the thumb safety in-game.
That's a really nice looking pistol, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to change a 1911 model to look like that one. I'll keep that in mind for the future. For the C96, I'm not sure what to do with it. I think I'm just going to use the removable magazine version, it can hold 20 rounds anyways which is nice for a pistol.