Mounts

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:22 pm

rudel_ic wrote:Please, don't make Lugaru 2 a kill-and-sell pseudo rpg with fighting as a gimmick. Those games suck imho.
Good point, but what else is there in a game? Without money and killing people, you get a plain old arcade game. All the adventure rpgs I can think of are either based around this style of making money, or are like Zelda and have crap loads of scripted puzzle-based dungeons, and sidequests. That's the only Adventure game I can think of that doesn't have killing people and taking their money as a main focus (although if it was based around killing-and-selling it would suck, killing guys in that game was boring gameplay. Unlike Lugaru, where combat is too fun to be called a gimmick).

Sage

Post by Sage » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:32 pm

Clicking a point on the map and going there would be cool.

When you buy a map (and maybe even a compass as well???) you should be able to open your map and say "I want to go here" (Aka clicking there) and you should go into super-fast motion so you get there within a second. But, if there's an obstacle like enemies, giant walls, or mountains ETC it should slow down a lot so you can decide what you do before you get there (or return to normal gamespeed in case of enemies).

It would be neat, but it would be kinda cheap. maybe it's better to be able to only travel between places with roads, and even make your own roads if you constantly travel over the same route over and over...

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:57 pm

Killing is definitely going to be a huge component (fighting is the best part of Lugaru!) but mass item collecting and selling is not. Anyone play Titan Quest? That was the biggest offender of packrat-ism. You literally could call up a portal at will that took you directly to the shopkeeper, so every five minutes when your inventory was full, you'd teleport right to the shopkeeper and unload all your crap on him. Eventually you realize that there is absolutely nothing worth buying though...

Oblivion had it pretty bad too..

The current theory about Lugaru 2's traveling is sort of a MountNBlade style over map when you want to move around.

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:22 pm

Cool, Mount and Blade was great.

Inane

Post by Inane » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:54 pm

I simply used a flying creature as an example. It has always been referred to as anthropomorphic mammals, and reptiles and amphibians are not mammals. You dismissed mounts because the ground animals were anthropomorphic when infact there is the possibility of mounts not being mammals, thus suitable for riding.

And, I don't find it to be trivial, as it has to do with a possible feature in the game, which you are dismissing for ill-founded reasons.

Edit: Oh, and as for you calling me a condescending fool, I can accept that, as it is probably true.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:30 pm

Mammals are all anthropomorphic, while lizards, snakes, birds, fish, etc. are not. If there are mounts, they would probably be very large birds or lizards, but most likely there won't be any :)

Sage

Post by Sage » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:50 pm

The game should incorperate cars.... Flintstones cars... and kazoo music... :o

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:04 pm

Kazoo music.. we have a new Wolfire Meme ^_^

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:34 am

What's kazoo?

pyros soul

Post by pyros soul » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:46 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:What's kazoo?

This my friend, is a Kazoo:

http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~dpd/music/kazoo/kazoo.jpg

lpod100

Post by lpod100 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:33 am

Pyros, you really need a comma after "This", I looked at that for a minute trying to figure out what you mean. ", my friend," is an interjection, which implies that the person you are talking to is your friend. However, this requires a comma before and after. I thought you were implying that your friend is a Kazoo, but you said it with horrible grammar.

shit, I'm rambling again. well, I'll post it anyway to see what kind of response i get. :?

Sage

Post by Sage » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:22 am

Yes, commas work wonders... But after playing online video games so long you learn to understand even the most... garbled garble... so that's not bad at all.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:33 am

lpod100 wrote:Pyros, you really need a comma after "This", I looked at that for a minute trying to figure out what you mean. ", my friend," is an interjection, which implies that the person you are talking to is your friend. However, this requires a comma before and after. I thought you were implying that your friend is a Kazoo, but you said it with horrible grammar.

shit, I'm rambling again. well, I'll post it anyway to see what kind of response i get. :?
"Pyros, you really need a comma after "This", I looked at that for a minute trying to figure out what you mean." <------ If you really want to get fussy, this should be two sentences, not one.
"I looked at that for a minute trying to figure out what you mean." should have been on its own.

Also, since you used "looked", which is the past tense, should it not have then been "what you <i>meant</i>" as opposed to "what you <i>mean</i>"?

I am also pretty sure that sentences are supposed to begin with a capital letter.

Although none of this is really relevant to the topic, is it now?

lpod100

Post by lpod100 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:09 pm

JESUS CHRIST, GRAMPS! I think I finally understand why they call you that.

Sage

Post by Sage » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:27 pm

Please excuse me while I roffle in the corner.

Slave-driven carriages (maybe not slaves, but perhaps workers or something) that pulls a cart with an important person in is the only thing I can think of... and even then the only way you'd ride is jumping on top of it...

Unless there's castles and there's some siege equipment, but that would be a pain to code... blah.

This text designed to make Renegade have the unresistable urge to slap me across the face, which I would not blame him for such acts, considering.