Overgrowth - Random Idea Dumping Thread

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Sage

Post by Sage » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:41 am

I like jumping puzzles. Have you ever played Prince of Persia? I wasn't crazy over the combat, but I loved the acrobatics. Lugaru needs supaer extreme acrobatics, and I'll be happy.

In the Temple campaign there's a level called svenfort. The first time I played that level I had fun just by walljumping, flipping, and doing weird stuff.

There had better not be moving, floating platforms in Lugaru 2.

Xegrot

Post by Xegrot » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:26 pm

Yeah, maybe not floating platforms, but what you said, like Prince of Persia type puzzles. Prince of Persia rocks! Hmmm... something else to add. Got any more ideas?

Oh yeah, wall running! If there's a gap thats too far and there's a wall, you can use a certain button to run along the wall!

lpod100

Post by lpod100 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:45 pm

i think that if an anthropomorphic rabbit can't get over a gap, it wasn't made to be jumped over

champrjk

eh

Post by champrjk » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:03 pm

I sorta liked the floating levels. Although just floating is rather silly. Maybe if they were haning from something or suspended from something it might make them more realistic and cool. Like rope ladders from one high cliff to another. stuff like that.

Sage

Post by Sage » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:18 pm

And if it's suspended chopping the suspension with someothing will make the thing dangle from only 3 things, so if you cut 2 ropes on the same side of something suspended by 4 ropes it will tip on its side, or the weight will make the remaining ropes break. That would be sweet.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:23 pm

Yeah, sounds pretty cool. Like Metal Gear Solid 3. I cut every single supension chord on that damn bridge. But no floating/moving platforms please.

champrjk

eh

Post by champrjk » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:16 pm

That would be pretty awesome to cut some ropes, Make the platform tip at an angle and watch as the bad bunnies slide over the edge to their death. :J

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:01 am

It could be like that game Black, where you can shoot different things which affects everything around it.

Like say you use your bow and arrow to shoot off a couple of ropes that are holding a rock over a bridge (the baddies never were that smart). It crashes down onto the bridge in front of two bad bunnies, which of course breaks the bridge in half. Then one of them starts to fall off... in his panic, he grabs the other bunny by the leg to stop him from falling off, and after a few seconds of the other bunny fighting to stay on solid ground, they're both pulled down the cliff. Since it was an "accident", you won't be detected... but now how do you get over the bridge to where you needed to go?

That's the kind of gameplay that I like, where everything has a positive and negative consequence.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:57 am

Yeah, sounds like a pretty nice idea. It'd be difficult to implement things like that into the gameplay, though. Why was the rock there again?

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:17 pm

When not murdering and raping innocent rabbit families, the raiders enjoy stone crafting, cooking, and long walks on the beach. (provided there are lots of said families on the beach at the time)

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:18 pm

I think that Lugaru 2 should be separate from voice chat. It's a game, not a conference call! Voice chat is what teamspeack is for.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:28 pm

leDoOd wrote:When not murdering and raping innocent rabbit families, the raiders enjoy stone crafting, cooking, and long walks on the beach. (provided there are lots of said families on the beach at the time)
You sound particularly well-informed on this topic. Guys, I think he's a raider scout here to spy on the forums. :shock:

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:08 pm

Don't listen to Gramps! He's going senile on us! I'm as innocent as anyone else here... I bet HE'S the raider scout, spying on US!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:26 pm

Hey, you can't go senile at sixteen. It's just like a raider scout to try to turn the blame back on the other person!

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:51 pm

Psh. Alright Gramps. You "got me". Now go on over to the bathroom and make sure to take your barbiturates this time.