How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
NSFG

Re: How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

Post by NSFG » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Just thought I should throw my hat in with the rest for the sake of thoroughness. I had a forum account for more than a day prior to following the steam-related steps posted on the first page. This was yesterday, and I made sure I followed them to the "T". As of right now, about 24 hours later, still no SPF permissions, though the page where I would normally submit the code says I should already have access to the SPF.

Great game though! Hysterically fun.

Leehill55

Post by Leehill55 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:02 pm

@NSFG Got the exact same problem, been a day since I did everything but I can't quite get on.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Anyone still having problems signing on: Please see this forum post - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21700

Then email [email protected]

Ziggles

Post by Ziggles » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:12 am

:D Thank you! Work well! :D

Bonte

Post by Bonte » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:11 pm

New to Steam and Overgrowth, but can't seem to find this CD Key link under Steam for Linux. Attached is a screenshot of my Library/Overgrowth page. What am I missing?

Bonte
Attachments
Screenshot from Steam under Linux missing the CD Key
Screenshot from Steam under Linux missing the CD Key

ThanksToYou3

Post by ThanksToYou3 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:58 pm

I'm not sure if this will work for you guys, and I'm not sure if someone already made a post about this, but in the unlikely case that both of these are true, here is another way to get to the pre-order forum, even when you got the game from Steam.

1. Create a humblebundle.com account, or just have yours ready if you already own one.
2. Go to steam and locate the CD code for Overgrowth (you can find the code by either looking to the right of your library while viewing Overgrowth, or by right clicking Overgrowth in your Steam library).
3. Go to http://www.wolfire.com/spf, and enter the Steam CD code for Overgrowth.
This will take you to the humblebundle site, and if it works like it did for me, it will automatically show you that you have registered the game onto your humblebundle account.
4. Click the link that references the secret pre-order forum.
5. This should take you to the wolfire website, which will show you your SPF code. Copy that.
6. Scroll down and write your wolfire username into the provided bar. This might not show up if you are logged in, but I believe that it should no matter what.

Now for me, it automatically allowed me to access the forum after this, but just to be safe, I pasted and saved this code in google docs. You should do the same. If not, simple go to the necessary page, and enter your code.

Most of you probably didn't have a problem with the original directions. But on the off chance you did, I hope this helped. If not, I will end my life.

Atomic Turtle

Post by Atomic Turtle » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:28 pm

Um, I don't have a CD code on my Overgrowth page (I am on a mac), it's not there and I have spent forever trying to download custom maps and I am really frustrated. What is the problem?
Attachments
Please help someone?
Please help someone?

Bonte

Post by Bonte » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:09 am

Atomic Turtle wrote:Um, I don't have a CD code on my Overgrowth page (I am on a mac), it's not there and I have spent forever trying to download custom maps and I am really frustrated. What is the problem?
You're in the same boat as me, however I am under Linux. I think the infamous "CD Key" is something only available on the PC client. I even installed the Beta client for Linux and it too does not have the "CD Key". I opened a ticket with steam and I'm going to email Wolfire if I don't see any response here by tomorrow.

If I find an answer, I'll be sure to let you know too as it might help you as well.

Atomic Turtle

Post by Atomic Turtle » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:47 am

Thanks, it means a lot. I will be on this post if there is a solution. :D

JeffM8

Post by JeffM8 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:05 pm

I bought Overgrowth through Steam and the way you described getting access didn't work for me, but I found out how to do it, so anyone else who isn't able to do it try this. Remember this is for people that bought Overgrowth through Steam, but it should work with people that didn't buy it through Steam as well if you have the SPF key.

1) Make a Humble Bundle account at https://www.humblebundle.com, verify it and make sure you are logged in to the account for the process of these steps.

2) Make a Wolfire account at http://www.wolfire.com, verify it and make sure you are logged in for the process of these steps.

3) Go to http://www.wolfire.com/spf. Once there there will be a box that says Alpha Key to the right of it and Submit to the left. Go to you Steam library and click on Overgrowth, then go to the column on the far right that has things like DLC, Community, Guides, etc and the will be a link that says CD Key. Click that and a box will pop up, then on that box click the button that says 'Copy Key to Clipboard' or something along those lines. This will copy the CD Key so you can paste it anywhere else. Go back to http://www.wolfire.com/spf and paste that key in the box then click submit.

4) After completing step 3, you will then arrive at a page of the Humble Bundle website that will say 'Thanks for Purchasing Overgrowth Alpha (DRM-Free)!'. Click on the top right hand corner of the white sheet of the page that says claim this page. This will stop other people from going on this site and finding your key. Click on the part of the page that says 'Click here for your Preorder Forum access key.'. A code will then apear below a line that says 'Overgrowth Secret Preorder Forum (SPF) access'. The code will apear something like '8DYVE-NJ89H-5KPA8' (without apostrophes of course). Copy your code on the Humble Bundle page. The code will also have a link, click the code and it will take you to a new page, but make sure you are logged into your Wolfire account so you will be

5) The code that you clicked in step 4 will take you to - http://www.wolfire.com/spf/redeem/ (after the slash after redeem it will be followed by the code you clicked). Read the text if you want and scroll down to the part that has a box that has 'Username' to the right of it. Enter the username of your Wolfire account and click submit. I have already done these steps so can't go through this last part again, but after you click submit i believe that is it and after that you have access to the SPF. Enjoy

Atomic Turtle

Post by Atomic Turtle » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:07 pm

Go to your Steam library and click on Overgrowth, then go to the column on the far right that has things like DLC, Community, Guides, etc and the will be a link that says CD Key. Click that and a box will pop up, then on that box click the button that says 'Copy Key to Clipboard' or something along those lines
But I don't have a CD key link! Me and Bonte have no type of key link on our Overgrowth page. I appreciate the help, but nothing seems to work at this point. :?

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:31 pm

Can confirm that the Mac version of Steam has no CD key option.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:08 pm

moomoohk wrote:Can confirm that the Mac version of Steam has no CD key option.
We've also noticed that people who ordered from the website, and not from Steam, have no CD key either. So, that's not a perfect confirmation.

Atomic Turtle

Post by Atomic Turtle » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:09 pm

Ugh man, I've been looking deep into my Overgrowth settings but cannot find any type of CD key, I wish getting custom maps were easier, this seems like too much of a hassle, but I guess it'd be worth it. :/

lukemacu

Post by lukemacu » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:57 pm

ThanksToYou3 wrote:I'm not sure if this will work for you guys, and I'm not sure if someone already made a post about this, but in the unlikely case that both of these are true, here is another way to get to the pre-order forum, even when you got the game from Steam.

1. Create a humblebundle.com account, or just have yours ready if you already own one.
2. Go to steam and locate the CD code for Overgrowth (you can find the code by either looking to the right of your library while viewing Overgrowth, or by right clicking Overgrowth in your Steam library).
3. Go to http://www.wolfire.com/spf, and enter the Steam CD code for Overgrowth.
This will take you to the humblebundle site, and if it works like it did for me, it will automatically show you that you have registered the game onto your humblebundle account.
4. Click the link that references the secret pre-order forum.
5. This should take you to the wolfire website, which will show you your SPF code. Copy that.
6. Scroll down and write your wolfire username into the provided bar. This might not show up if you are logged in, but I believe that it should no matter what.

Now for me, it automatically allowed me to access the forum after this, but just to be safe, I pasted and saved this code in google docs. You should do the same. If not, simple go to the necessary page, and enter your code.

Most of you probably didn't have a problem with the original directions. But on the off chance you did, I hope this helped. If not, I will end my life.
This worked perfectly, thank you so much.