Lugaru 2...

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
champrjk

eh

Post by champrjk » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:11 pm

lol a stealth kill with a lasso. Now that would look rather funny. There you are crawling around then you take out your rope once you get behind a guy and twirl it around then hook his head give the rope a nice tug and strangle the life out of him. Or you could hang him from a tree. lol

Sage

Post by Sage » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:23 pm

I sure hope not. We're talking about choking people, not being cowboys.

EDIT: If I had a knife or sharp object I'd just stick it into his spine (in the neck) and let him fall.

champrjk

eh

Post by champrjk » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:02 am

I was just saying how funny it would be. Not that they should have it. Personally my favorate weapon is the knife.

champrjk

eh

Post by champrjk » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:10 am

oh i also think that if you knock out an enemy they should wake up in less than five minutes.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:11 am

...but then you would already have tied him/her up, given that you had
some rope.

Sage

Post by Sage » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:51 am

Or just rocket him into wolves. That'll kill them (I dunno what the kick+punch thing is while they're on the ground so I made something up :P).

And my favorite weapon is either the sword or the staff. Sword because it's easy to do the flip + backstab on people. I like bludgeoning weapons because it's easy to break doors and heads. I think Rune had the right idea.

Swords = fast and made for unarmored guys. Weak against heavy armor and such.

Axe = a bit slower and effective against medium armor like hide.

Hammer = Slow but can devestate just about anything.

There was a weapon called the dwarven workhammer (or battlehammer, either works) where it's a big, heavy block at the end of a pole. I think if you got hit with that you'd either be disabled or dead. Of course, we probably won't have weapons that powerful in this unless there are catapaults... which I doubt.

Also in that game you could throw any weapon. Heavy weapons took a while to throw (bring over shoulder behind back and throw it over head) and the range was terrible, but then there were weapons practically made for throwing (the hatchet for example was the most comminly thrown weapon in multiplayer and was extremely effective)

And finally, it would be nice if Lugaru 2 got a subsection in the Lugaru forum or something... so discussion about Lugaru can be seperate from Wolfire and Lugaru stuff...

champrjk

eh

Post by champrjk » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:00 pm

I think a heavy sharp axe would be more effective than a hammer.

champrjk

Post by champrjk » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:08 pm

i totally agree about lugaru 2 getting its own section. that would be much easier to figure which lugaru is being talked about.

Also conserning game saves and such I liked it best how you had to beat the whole map before it saved and moved on to the next one.

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:04 pm

http://wolfire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1110

You've sorta strayed from the original topic and gone into random idea dumping, so I'm pointing you in the direction of the Random Idea Dumping Thread.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: Lugaru 2...

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:20 pm

Mike_Cuzins wrote::wink: I would really like to help with Lugaru 2! I dont know who to see though. What I really want, is to model a horse for turner to ride, and a bow and arrow he can shoot. that would be so cool.
What exactly is the topic then, MacWiggy? Is the topic "Mike wants to help with Lugaru 2, let's discuss how Mike can help"? That's what it seemed to be originally created for.

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:21 am

"What exactly is the topic then, MacWiggy? Is the topic "Mike wants to help with Lugaru 2, let's discuss how Mike can help"? That's what it seemed to be originally created for."

If you had read Mike_Cuzins original post, you would see that he's not asking for suggestions, he's asking if he can make some 3D models for use in Lugaru 2.

Sage

Post by Sage » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:51 am

I think you just rephrased what Renegade already said...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:05 pm

Yeah, I noticed that too. Annoying, isn't it?

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:19 pm

I think somebody needs to go sit in the corner again until he can play nice :P