Mounts

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Munchkin9

Post by Munchkin9 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:02 pm

OKAY okay... i get it so mounts would have been a bad idea (and still are har har sry).

Another thing (Mount and blade related) WHY IS NOTHING REALLY REALLY GOOD (that i want in other words) EVER FOR MAC (no offense to any other games out there but that it opinion). *cry*

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:22 pm

4% marketshare. :(

Get an Intel Mac and you can run Windows though.

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:57 am

Yeah, I did that but had trouble with games, though that could have been Vista's fault not the Mac's.

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:14 pm

Although I can't deny that Windows has about a dozen-hundred more games than Macs do, I view it as a good thing. With Windows, there so many big-name games like Hitman and Oblivion, that smaller independent developers get trodden into the bowels of the internet. But on the Mac, games like Lugaru and Ragdoll Masters have a chance to shine.
And there are good games on the Mac! What about the AvP series, the Quake series, the Doom series, the Wolfenstein series, and Stubbs the Zombie? (Yes, I know they're all "M", but if you love kids games, you'd be better off with a Gamecube.)

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:22 pm

However, even these "bowels of the internet" are much larger than Apple's marketshare. 4% is 4%.

Munchkin9

Post by Munchkin9 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:16 pm

Yes yes maybe but i am interested in Rpg games (the more freedom the better) and it is even better if there are mounts (not in like world of warcraft where they cost you your lifs savings and your lifetime).

I am not very fond of FPS (exept Halo but that is because you have a lot of freedom and you can play multiplayer online.

And by the way it does not work very well to run PC on a mac. However they are coming out with a new mac that can NATURALY switch between PC and mac i am planning to get one and then HOOZA!

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:03 pm

Did you read that whole thread about the Intel mac? Yeah, that's running pc on a mac

And Jeff, approximately 50% percent of Mac users now are "new" to Macs. Lots of people are switching. That 4% is gonna go way up.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:13 pm

And Jeff, approximately 50% percent of Mac users now are "new" to Macs. Lots of people are switching. That 4% is gonna go way up.
That is extremely hard to believe. I've never heard that and I keep up to date with Apple news.

Anyways, Apple will never break out of its 4% shell until it can start selling cheap computers. The switch to Intel is a huge step forward for them, but their hardware is still extremely overpriced.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:16 pm

MacWiggy wrote:Did you read that whole thread about the Intel mac? Yeah, that's running pc on a mac
lol :D
Classic.

Munchkin9

Post by Munchkin9 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:42 pm

If that wr rferd to me then i shall explain: by what i have heard (i might be wrong i have not kept up with the news on macs much) they arecoming out with a new computer intierly not just a new system. and no sry i have a system which changes betwwen mac and pc but it can only work the worst and weakest games that exist in the wide world (it cant even run Pac man it says there is an error of some kind.)

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:54 pm

Dude, your inability to run Pac-Man isn't a proccesor problem, you just need to update your Flash, or Java, or Operating System.

James M

Post by James M » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:41 am

Jeff wrote:
That is extremely hard to believe. I've never heard that and I keep up to date with Apple news.
This is mentioned in the WWDC video. :P

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:59 am

:oops: must have been zoning out at that point.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:13 am

I though that the market share was higher than THAT. Oh well, as long as they don't go bankrupt. Anyway, the lack of games is annoying, but irrelevent to me, as I have a 450 Mhz computer anyway. I'll get a new one when leopard comes out, I think.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:24 am

I was going to make a really bad sex joke relating to this threads topic...but then I figured it turn into another "bouncing baby bunnies game idea" situation and decided against it... :oops:
Here lies Usagi: :!:
May he rest in peace...