Come to explain your ridiculous forum names

Anything else
MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Come to explain your ridiculous forum names

Post by MacWiggy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:06 pm

The title says it all. I felt it was neccesary to start a thread so that people can explain what they're forum names mean. Mine doesn't really mean anything, It was just the first thing I thought of. I'm still confused with "champrjk", "leDoOd", and "Jeff".

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:15 am

I think there already is a forum like this; but just for the sake of it, leDood is "doodle" rearranged, and Jeff is... Jeff. He's just Jeff. Not sure about "champrjk", though.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:14 am

Christian nicknames to Crille here, just e changed to 3.
(just capital E... backwards? I assure you, I didn't know what 13375p33k was at the time!)

Inventor

Post by Inventor » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:12 am

I've used this name ever since I created a gnome character in Everquest. Gnomes were known to create/invent things, hence born "Inventor"

James M

Post by James M » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:55 am

Well, you see mine goes back along time to the 14th of november 1988, when my parents decided to name me James :D .

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:17 am

Mine goes waaaay, way, way. way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when you had to walk uphill both ways to get to the crack dealer.
It was in the time when pigs actually flew, llamas ruled the world, and a cow named Yolanda was the the grammar b**ch-nazi of the underworld of point A-to-B and you had to use the algorythm of Poor Yorik and his Electric Sheep who ate fuzzy dice with ranch dressing. It was one of those dark timeswhenspaceswereneverusedandgrammarwuzatarealltimelowestpointestthingy.
What was I talking about again?
Oh, right, the reign of Yolana the Cow...Anyway she loved grass...so we laced it with crack and LSD...and she died from AIDs that she contracted from someone we sold her...can you believe that, we spent all this money on drugs and...
...er...right, my screen name...
It's from a series of books called, "The Chronicles of Amber". Its a sword owned by one of the characters.

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:35 am

just one question, What is wrong with you?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:17 am

It was an attempt at being overly random and whacky. It's been done.

My screen name comes from back in Yahoo! chat where I'm mostly well known around the Role Playing Games rooms as l2enegades_Of_Funk, which I made because I obviously love Rage Against The Machine. I used the "l2" because "Renegades_Of_Funk" was taken. And so, I merged Turner and l2enegades_Of_Funk to make Renegade_Turner.

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:55 am

Why am I a troll now?

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:30 pm

My name is an alias I use when my real name, Eric, isn't available for whatever reason. I really wish I could have been Eric, but some guy who has never posted stole that account name.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:38 pm

My name comes from a cartoon character I thought up 9 years ago in 4th grade; they have viking horns, and Zippy just sounds cool, hence Viking Zippy.

As for the avatar, that's a 3D version of the Zippy that I recreated in Meshwork way back in 8th grade.

The great thing is that the name is totally insane, so no one ever has it taken 8)

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:51 pm

I closed my eyes and mashed on the keyboard...  "Jeff" was the result.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:53 pm

My name is the name of a program I wrote back in the 90s. It was a virus, hence rudel (german word for pack, like in wolf pack), although the infected systems don't stick together like botnets do... I was 14 back then, that should be a good excuse for the misuse. I played Shadowrun back then, so I added the ic as a reference to it (although it was definitely NOT an intrusion countermeasure). Read.

As a sidenote, the virus never went itw, we just traded virii via discette as a hobby back then.

No, I'm not a fat Star Wars fan.

Sage

Post by Sage » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:12 pm

Stometimes after Tribes 2 went down the drain (I started playing before I was allowed to) I was maturing a bit and Pokemon_Must_Die wasn't really going to work, and was rather long (and being called "poke" all the time is kinda weird)

So, I made a name that sort of described me (I thought) "NewbmanSage." The smart newb :D

The name here is just the last part cut off.

Of course, now I don't use NewmanSage, but rather "Ozymandias" because... ain't that a cool name? Plus anyone that knows the poem or webcomic can say :Hey, that looks familiar"

On a side note, no matter how many times I click "log out" I still appear on the active users list, and it thinks I read every new topic/post so it's hard for me to see which posts are the newest easily...

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:19 pm

Sage wrote: On a side note, no matter how many times I click "log out" I still appear on the active users list, and it thinks I read every new topic/post so it's hard for me to see which posts are the newest easily...
I never log out and check back after hours, that solves your problem. This forum engine isn't too good in realizing wich posts are unread, I guess.