Lugaru 2 NEEDS GORE.

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:34 am

Well you do make a point.

Blood is good. but not Exsteam amounts of it. i prefer realisam. not Bad Taste (an early movie by Petter Jacson).

once you get to PJs Exstent with Bad taste and Meet the Feebles. you are just Going too far.

Besides that, arent we wanting to game not Blood bathe?
sorry if i sound like a anoying Thick shulled N00Ber but such coversatons have gone rather Icky. Sorry if i sounded like i over reacted. :)

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:36 am

Zantalos wrote:
Sartan wrote:"The AI will be able to handle broken or missing limbs; though they won't stay conscious for long if they lose too much blood."
That explains a little more about the potential for gore. On a slightly related note, holycrapDavid'sagoon. :shock:
Wait, who said that quote? I forgot... and the search function just brought me back to yours.
Do you have stairs in your house?

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:52 am

Stairs? Me? Why yes, I live upstairs in a two-story house!

Sometimes I pace up and down them while I write posts that are confusing to say.

...Actually, can you tell me what that means, it made me laugh but I don't think I get it. Hee hee.

Edit:I'm a dolt, forget this.
Last edited by Zantalos on Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:11 am

David said it. Not here, though.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:06 pm

Sartan wrote:David said it. Not here, though.
Aww, you mean not on these forums? Give a link man!

Oh here's something, you'll be able to wash and dye clothing. Maybe blood decals will dry up on your clothes and you won't be able to get them off without going through a wash. That'd be pretty neat, walking around with a really blood soaked shirt, one that doesn't clean itself after taking a health pack.

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:33 pm

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... id=2006058

SA took to Lugaru a lot better than PA did. It's come to my attention that I'm no good at starting threads. :(

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:30 pm

Sartan wrote:http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... id=2006058

SA took to Lugaru a lot better than PA did. It's come to my attention that I'm no good at starting threads. :(
Cool, thanks for the link. I'm thinking of getting a SA forum account, but I'm saving my money for something.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:48 am

Jeff wrote:Do you have stairs in your house?
Lurky McLurkflakes from Urban Dictionary wrote:1. do you have stairs in your house

A phrase used by www.somethingawful.com goons. It is derived from an old song regarding robots; the author of the song tried to gain fame equal to that of the All Your Base phenomenon. It failed to gain much popularity, but SA goons use the phrase to this day to identify other goons.

A special response is required to correctly answer this question and let the questioner know that one is indeed an SA goon. The generally accepted answer is "I am protected." Be aware that if you use this reply without actually being an SA goon, you may open yourself up to a world of hurt.

<Goon> do you have stairs in your house
<Bob> I am protected.
<Goon> GOONY GOON GOON GOONS GOONERY
<Goon> So how about that FYAD thread about mechagirl
<Bob> Fia-what? Who girl?
<Goon> goddamnit you got the stairs response from urbandictionary didnt you
<Bob> Yes.
Whoa, I made the most retarded response, I should have just looked it up the first time. It's pretty obvious I'm not from SA but damn, that was a really lame reply!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:29 pm

Be aware that if you use this reply without actually being an SA goon, you may open yourself up to a world of hurt.
Yeah, you might get...might get...INSULTED OVER THE INTERNET! :(

World of hurt my ass.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:36 pm

I still don't know what he meant by "do you have stairs in your house?".

I'm a moron. xD

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:10 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Be aware that if you use this reply without actually being an SA goon, you may open yourself up to a world of hurt.
Yeah, you might get...might get...INSULTED OVER THE INTERNET! :(

World of hurt my ass.
:iceburn:

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:18 am

What's a goon? 0_O I SUCK.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:39 am

To post you have to buy a 10 dollar account, they call their fellow SA members as goons, for this reason that makes each member special. (I really have no idea or why they chose goons, but that's what it is according to wikipedia and other definitions). Jeeze, someone made a thread about Company of Heroes, and within hours one of the developers actually came on and posted to them (Wikipedia says SA forums get 30,000 posts daily)

Okay, now that topic on SA is really awesome, it has tons of information for Lugaru 2. It seems, that David and Jeff go by screen names of Burning Dog and Parsap, respectively.

So another bulleted list! (which are all just a bunch of restatements and even exact sentences retyped here. So if you've already read the short SA thread, nice job it's great!)

-improved animations and difficulty curve (so you won't get beat to a pulp the first time you play)

-Key technological features never before seen in games (games people know about at least)

-Soft body fracture physics (he shows later, it's frigging awesome)

-Procedural Animation, yes you've heard it here before! Dynamic on the fly animations that are influenced on momentum (when Turner finishes a long jump, he catches himself), Surface topology (he scampers uphill and balances himself going down hill), wind (Flow maps! that was a pretty sick run-through by Jeff), and character-specific movement differences (Sliders! Implementing movement behaviors like being cocky, or how masculine and feminine you are).

-New programmer unmasked, (whether or not he's one of the three new programmers has not actually been stated, but he's helping out, so I'll have to assume so...) Alec Rivers! The programmer behind the the G-Man Destruction Demo, soft body fracture physics.
Burning Dog wrote:
Danbo Daxter wrote: Take this technology, add zombies and a lightsaber and I can't think of anyone who wouldn't buy it.
Are you psychic? That is exactly the demo I am working on now
Yeah, that's right people. Announcing he'll be entering in the Graphics meets Games Competition:
No, I'm totally serious. I started on it yesterday, and it should be ready in a couple weeks. The idea is basically an updated version of the G-man demo, except there is a zombie and you destroy him using various implements of destruction (shotgun, lightsaber, katana, etc.) Hopefully it will be done in time to enter the Graphics meets Games competition.
That deadline is August 28, 12 more days, good luck David!

Okay links!

Alec Rivers' extremely fun 2-d game from highschool. Demos 1,2,5 are pretty laggy techdemos, but they're there (I might just be missing something, try it out). 3 and 4 are pretty entertaining though, don't do bizzare things like crashing into the other plane, it crashes sometimes (just a heads-up).
http://www.aidspan.org/alec/projects/physics_engine.htm

Get the open house 3 pack Demos from NAPS. First is a dolphin game that shows off breakable cloth physics. I can't even play the second one, so tell me what that game is about. Finally Alec Rivers' G-man Destruction demo, G-man falls limply and you slice the living hell out of him. Beats all kinds of ass out of Prince of Persia's gore effects, entertains me for long periods of time. Remeber to hit f9 for in-depth views. These demos are from 2003, I think (according to the movie, 03').
http://people.cornell.edu/pages/arr33/c ... nloads.htm

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:52 am

Windows only? Feh. Feh.

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:01 pm

I guess I am really missing out. Someone buy me an SA account!