Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th 2014 (Discontinued)

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
APsychonaut

Re: Weapon Additions - Updated Nov. 16th

Post by APsychonaut » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:46 pm

Crimson_1 wrote:I'm sorry but I was reading through this thread and I have no idea how to install the Remington and such (the ones on the first page), I downloaded the rar file but I have no idea what you guys mean by overwriting and stuff. I have Steam and disabled the automatic updating too.

Just copy all the files inside the rar where Receiver is installed.
It will ask you if you want to replace the files; say yes to all.

Alkosor

Post by Alkosor » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:48 pm

This is awesome! I'd love to try out these new weapons your modeling Andrew. But I feel like at the rate you're making them I won't be able to actually see them in-game because Josh'll be too busy adding the guns in rather than making a mac compatible version of his current updates :lol:

Andrew1994

Post by Andrew1994 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:52 am

hahaha, cheers man, hmmm ive never had a MAC, even more so have no idea how to make games for one. well he said he would make a mac compatible version I'm just making the weapons so whenever they are needed they can be downloaded whenever. seriously feel free to use them or browse the models on your own time :P but yea Im not a programmer. :)

APsychonaut

Post by APsychonaut » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:38 am

Being similarly Applephobic, I have to ask;
What happens if you install it all except the exe/whatever Macs run instead?

Alkosor

Post by Alkosor » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:36 pm

The files themselves aren't mac compatible. I tried changing the extensions on the files but nope, nothing. The behave as documents on the mac rather than .exec files. It's a real pain for me to be able to convert windows files to mac and google is no help. It's much simpler for Josh, since all he has to do is change the output OS platform or at least that's what he said. I have no clue what that means though.

EDIT: What's weird is that I thought Unity was universal among all OS.

Andrew1994

Post by Andrew1994 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:56 pm

Hmm I guess, but most OS have different architecture and such, its much like going to the build and outputting it to a ps3 or other console.

Alkosor

Post by Alkosor » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:53 pm

Not to be pushy, but what's the ETA on that next update? I'm sure many of us, including myself, would love to know when we should be expecting some new content.

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:30 pm

Oh it's cool, it has been quite a while since the last update.. I'd say some time in the next few days. It's pretty much ready now, I added the M9 model but can't use it at the moment, the model is mostly good but the back of it isn't the best, you can see into the gun and the hammer isn't quite right. I'll be able to fix that up but I might put it in the update after this one. In the mean time I'm going to check out the USP & M16 models and add them if there's no issues, then I will post the next update, it shouldn't take long.

Alkosor

Post by Alkosor » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:23 pm

Haha no worries. I mean I just want to add a little more variety to the game is all. I can't wait for this to hit OS X.

caboosecxv

Post by caboosecxv » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Sweet i cant wait

evali68158

Post by evali68158 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:19 am

Josh wrote:" A flashlight would, sights/scopes can be easily added but aren't really useful outside of the range, I will experiment with some though."

The wholesale high power flashlight is ver useful. i have bought one and it have the high quality and looking so nice,if you need it ,you can have a try.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:00 pm

Not sure if spam bot.
You watch yourself.
Lest the mighty hammer of the ban gods come down upon your mortal soul.

EDIT: I also need to get around to making the FS2000 models for you. I have some free time and I think I should stop putting it off.

Xamp

Post by Xamp » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:56 pm

Korban3 wrote:FS2000 models
+ all the other models =
*gungasm*

APsychonaut

Post by APsychonaut » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:42 am

and then it struck me. thompson drum mags, and cigarettes.
drum mags: 50 rounds, rarely found loaded, never found full. bonus points if they randomly interchange spawns with the regular mags.
cigarettes: occupies the slot the torch does, when doing stuff like fiddling with mags. just a cylinder that sits there and smokes (alternately dimly illuminates) - lasts a few minutes, before dying torch style (i know coding one to actually burn away would be nigh on impossible). could spawn in with any weapon. can't sprint when smoking (my god have you ever tried doing that? x.x)
...that would need a lighter, now that i think about it. i feel like a zippo would be fun to play with, receiver style, too.

all of this, of course josh, if you feel like it. i don't know how laborious making the code for new actions is.

Jacobbil

Post by Jacobbil » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:13 am

APsychonaut wrote:and then it struck me....
Snake, don't you know Cigarettes are hazardous for your health?