Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th 2014 (Discontinued)

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
APsychonaut

Re: Weapon Additions - Updated Nov. 16th

Post by APsychonaut » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:22 am

Jacobbil wrote:
APsychonaut wrote:and then it struck me....
Snake, don't you know Cigarettes are hazardous for your health?
METAL GEEEEAAR
also; smoked a time ago. quit once my partner near died from the chemicals effect. had her going so far as summarily passing out.
but i doubt our awakening friend will survive/exist long enough in reality B for it to matter.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:29 pm

APsychonaut wrote:
Jacobbil wrote:
APsychonaut wrote:and then it struck me....
Snake, don't you know Cigarettes are hazardous for your health?
METAL GEEEEAAR
also; smoked a time ago. quit once my partner near died from the chemicals effect. had her going so far as summarily passing out.
but i doubt our awakening friend will survive/exist long enough in reality B for it to matter.
That motherfuckin' sucks; feel bad for ya.
If anyone needs cheerin' up...

God's Helix

Post by God's Helix » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:51 am

I absolutely love this mod! Receiver was always an amazing game. I always dreamed of playing it just to shoot the guns, and to no longer worry about those pesky robots. You created just what I wanted. This is amazing. I absolutely love this mod so much! However, I do have one problem. But it's a very slight problem, and I am sure it wouldn't be hard for you to tweak. The thing is, I like to waste a lot of ammo. The random amounts of ammo you spawn with conflict with that in most cases. Especially when you spawn with around 10 rounds for the rifle in total, or maybe only a handful of shells for the M870. Again, it's a small thing, but it kind of gets me down. I suppose, there is one other thing... It would be nice to have an option of spawning without the robots at all. I know I could just ignore them, but I like to be able to walk up to the targets and take a closer look without being zapped. Heh. Anyway, this mod is amazing, and I absolutely love it! I really can;t wait for the next update with these new guns you've apparently added! OH GOD HURRY UP! XD

APsychonaut

Post by APsychonaut » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:09 am

God's Helix wrote:The random amounts of ammo you spawn with conflict with that in most cases. Especially when you spawn with around 10 rounds for the rifle in total, or maybe only a handful of shells for the M870.
I'm assuming you mean for the firing range.
Easy work around;
Escape > Weapons menu > Set whichever one you want > When you run dry, hold L.
Alternately just do the ammo cheat (type idkfa when on the range).

Alkosor

Post by Alkosor » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:43 pm

Josh707 wrote:Oh it's cool, it has been quite a while since the last update.. I'd say some time in the next few days. It's pretty much ready now, I added the M9 model but can't use it at the moment, the model is mostly good but the back of it isn't the best, you can see into the gun and the hammer isn't quite right. I'll be able to fix that up but I might put it in the update after this one. In the mean time I'm going to check out the USP & M16 models and add them if there's no issues, then I will post the next update, it shouldn't take long.
IS UPDATE 9 ALMOST UPON US?! I seriously can't wait to bolt action the shit out of the kill drones, OS X style. It's been well over a few days, Josh. What is the new ETA?

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:21 pm

Hahaha sorry I've been real lazy lately but it's 99.9% ready, every time I think it's ready I find/remember something that needs to be changed. I'll have to send you a build to test it before I post the mac version, so you'll be getting it early, but the actual post will be tomorrow for sure. Do you have an email or something I can contact you with? I'm not authorized to send PMs on here.
God's Helix wrote:-snip-
Glad to hear you like it! As Psychonaut said there's some cheats already in the game to refill your loose bullet line, I also added one for a bottomless magazine (infinf). In the next update a big pile of loose rounds will be on the range table for guns without magazines so you won't need to use them (for a bit at least). No robots on the range is a good idea, though I'm not sure where to make an option for that, maybe in the main menu... Anyways I'm not going to try to add anything else until after I post this update, it's been taking too long, but I'll keep that written down.
APsychonaut wrote:drum mags/smokes
Hmm that drum mag idea is really good, though I think it would be kind of pointless if they were rarely loaded as I've heard you need to take it apart or at least remove some plate to be able to put rounds inside, but a super rare chance to find one would be pretty cool. I will keep that written down! I like the cigarette idea too, it's easy to picture with the way the flashlight goes into your mouth, and flicking a lighter with the scroll wheel or something.. You're right about the burning part being hard though, not too sure how I'd do that other than just decreasing the scale on one axis. That's a weird idea and I like it, though I'm not sure if it would really be worth the effort :P
Korban3 wrote:EDIT: I also need to get around to making the FS2000 models for you. I have some free time and I think I should stop putting it off.
It's cool, take your time! I'm quite the lazy man myself, as you've probably noticed.

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:04 pm

Well believe it or not but my computer screwed up today and wouldn't start, start-up repair didn't work and neither did restoring to a few days before today. A few minutes ago I tried again and left it while I showered and came back to the log-in screen (yay) so I'm going to back up all my files on my external drive and format, then I will be able to post the update.

Jacobbil

Post by Jacobbil » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:20 pm

I'm moist in anticipation. The M9's not in this update, right? That's kind of a shame, but it's alright. Next update? Also, wish you well on that computer jazz. I only really appreciate my computer performing normally after it pulls something like that.

jackthearcher

Post by jackthearcher » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:01 pm

What about instead of a cigarette just a lighter? This is assuming there is a decent model for one and that adding a lighter would be easy.

Also instead of having an option of no drones what about just making them stationary and not able to attack? So they're there for target practice but nothing else.

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:27 pm

The M9 isn't in this update although the USP is but without the suppressor, I have no audio of suppressed gunshots, if I can find some then I'll put it on in the next update - the M9 will be in the next one too.

Yeah making just a lighter would be simple, pretty much duplicate the code with the flashlight, but I don't really see the point of it unless there's some fused explosives or something :P You'd just sit there with a lighter.
Inactive drones is probably a good idea, I kind of forgot a firing range isn't supposed to have targets that try to kill you... I think I'll just stick them on poles, that should take like 2 minutes.

APsychonaut

Post by APsychonaut » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:42 pm

Josh707 wrote:I have no audio of suppressed gunshots, if I can find some then I'll put it on in the next update
http://css.gamebanana.com/sounds/18249

as a curiosity, is the silencer gonna be removeable? :o

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:05 pm

Oh cool, I'll check that and some others out too. There's a good chance it will be removable, I haven't really thought about it yet, though I'm pretty sure I could pull it off just copying the way the magazines move and having it rotate during.

jackthearcher

Post by jackthearcher » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:37 am

I should've written these down (I will tomorrow) but some of the guns when pressing T+R you can't always see if there is a bullet in as the guns don't turn enough to view. This might've been caused by me changing the view distance but again it's not something I remembered to test. Anyway I'll try to get you a list tomorrow.

APsychonaut

Post by APsychonaut » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:52 am

jackthearcher wrote:I should've written these down (I will tomorrow) but some of the guns when pressing T+R you can't always see if there is a bullet in as the guns don't turn enough to view. This might've been caused by me changing the view distance but again it's not something I remembered to test. Anyway I'll try to get you a list tomorrow.
If I might, which ones? Any of the two handed weapons can't be checked like that (though the Remmington will allow you to see if there's a shell loading when you pull back the slide), and the rest should be visible. If not, try shifting the gun further away from your eye?

ArgenGuy

Re: Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th

Post by ArgenGuy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:47 pm

Loving the new additions.
I also notice that shock drones are particullary stronger now and that the shotgun is slightly less powerful. The USP Compact, while its model is a little rough around the edges, it fun to use and I can really notice the delay when firing in double action.