Overgrowth - Random Idea Dumping Thread

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Disturbed

Re: Overgrowth - Random Idea Dumping Thread

Post by Disturbed » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Im a combat sports fan, I enjoy MMA, boxing, submission wrestling, kickboxing/muay thai etc, and also have competed myself in amateur fights so I have burning passion for fighting

I would like to see even more moves, some basic, some flashier, for example: hooks to the body, uppercut, side kicks, maybe even axe kick etc. I enjoy variability and it would be great to see some more combat sport moves :)

Mars233

Burrowing

Post by Mars233 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:44 pm

The usage of anthropomorphic rabbits gave me the idea of having and making burrows. If a smooth voxel terrain system is used (like in StarForge), then players can easily dig, place, and move dirt to establish a warren. This is just a basic idea and hasn't been completely fleshed out, but I think that it would make an interesting addition to the game.

Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:58 pm

Maybe a medieval projectile weapon, like a longbow or crossbow. Even a sling with a rock would be cool.

Option to record your own voice acting as dialogue for characters.

Checkpoints damn it! Checkpoints!

The ability to sever limbs with a sharp weapon.

Some way to heal yourself. (Magic, trippy rabbit drugs, idk)

Bite attack for dogs and wolves. (Optional: get small amount of health back after eating dead enemies OM NOM)

Make the sweep kick a bit faster to perform. (You have to wait until fully crouched before attacking which feels a bit too slow to me.)

pdominik99

Post by pdominik99 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Some idea for Overgrowth:
Movement:
-Tree climbing
-Walking [PC]
-The enemies don't sight us when we squating behind them
Fight:
-easier defense
Other:
-Creature ideas: -Mouse
-Bear
-Pig :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Monkey
-Fox
-Deer
KUNG-FU PANDAAA :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :!:

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:39 am

pdominik99 wrote:Some idea for Overgrowth:
Movement:
-The enemies don't sight us when we squating behind them
They can't see you when you're behind them. They can hear you when you get too close.

Fight:
-easier defense
In what aspects of combat and what do you want to be done? What do you find too difficult right now?

frodosbrother

Post by frodosbrother » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:27 pm

I think an instant replay would be a really cool idea, because while playing the alpha there have been some pretty sweet moments that I would have loved to rewatch in slow-motion and/or share with others

Etidorhpa

Post by Etidorhpa » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:27 am

I just bought the "alpha" and an idea for a story came to mind.
The king has kidnapped "peter's" young daughter to add her to his harem. Peter must cross several lands in order to find her. Along his way he meets friends and foes. Friends or other enemy's of the king that may help him on his task, and offer goods (armor, gold)for his service. He must be careful on his journey as there are many assassins and the king's henchman to dispose of those whom speak out against the "kingdom". After making his way Peter finds his daughter along with many other "hairs" guarded by the Wolf.

For this story, Armour would be the most valuable item.As you get closer to the king's Prison, the armor value must be high . Have a health system where Peter can get hurt but must find someone to tend to his injuries, and allow time to heal. Also those that Peter meet can join him on his journey.

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Mon May 05, 2014 4:54 am

The main campaign will revolve around Turner once again, a couple of years after he has killed the alpha wolf. I am afraid it is highly unprobable for the devs to choose your story other than their own, but you could make a mod (a series of maps) and share your story with the community. I guess you have all the needed tools (if camera issues has been fixed of which I am unaware).

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Sun May 11, 2014 4:00 pm

2 words SPINE CRUSHER!

PoetRabbit

Post by PoetRabbit » Sun May 11, 2014 5:01 pm

First off thanks for the ability to quick change to different forms by using the number keys.
I greatly enjoy being able to switch to a differnt rabbit. (I like the black and white rabbit from key number 4 personally)
If it isn't to much trouble if ya could add a favorites for the form switch so I don't have to hit the key 20 times to get my colors I would appriciate it.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:27 am

PoetRabbit wrote:First off thanks for the ability to quick change to different forms by using the number keys.
I greatly enjoy being able to switch to a differnt rabbit. (I like the black and white rabbit from key number 4 personally)
If it isn't to much trouble if ya could add a favorites for the form switch so I don't have to hit the key 20 times to get my colors I would appriciate it.
Give this man ALL the moneyz.

Just like Star Citizen!

Right, actually here's some randomness only barley related to Overgrowth.

- A way of making your rabbit yell "BO SHIT" each time he dies.

- Whenever are rabbit runs off one will yell (In that one voice that I'm hearing all over the internet now) "YOU SUNAVABITCH".

- Whenever the A.I. can't get to a weapon the npc will yell (In that same voice) "GET DA FUCK DOWN FROM THERE".

- Whenever two A.I. are standing near each other, one will yell "WHO FUCKIN FARTED?!".

That is all.
Last edited by Phoenixwarrior141 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OmgASnail

Post by OmgASnail » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:13 pm

PoetRabbit wrote:First off thanks for the ability to quick change to different forms by using the number keys.
I think, if they ever include the option to change character during gameplay, they might aswell do that.
However, the character switching function is obviously a debug feature. Enabled for us during the alpha period (maybe custom map testing too).
I think the dev team needs to focus more on game dynamics and mechanics before making a selecting menu for this, i think, temporary option.

But yes, it would be convenient

DigbyMW

Post by DigbyMW » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:27 am

Don't know if someone has already said this but a survival mode like the one in starforge where you build defences and gather resources would be cool.:D

DigbyMW

Post by DigbyMW » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:44 am

Maybe a star fox character model mod would be cool to

BobSnyder

Post by BobSnyder » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:47 pm

Climbing trees would be nice. Also, if there are ledges, such as windowsills on the side of a building, you can grab the lowest one and climb up using the ledges, instead of always having to grab the top of structures. An option like the eagle vision in Assassin's Creed or survival instincts in Tomb Raider would be nice. When you hold a certain key, you focus on your hearing and smell. It makes sense because animals have heightened smell and hearing anyway. When you move, this will stop. Footprints/enemies could glow, and if you follow footprints, they(and their corresponding character) will continue to glow so you dont have to keep activating the senses. The footprints could all look different for each species. Or they could just glow a different color. With this, we wont have to see the hotspots like we do now, they can just show up when we activate this. I think it would be a nifty lil' feature, but its probably too much to ask for.