Lugaru 2 - Multiplayer Battle Feature

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:26 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Albab wrote:Is "gramps" just acting a character? Because after he got that title, he's been rather grumpy. Not as much before, though.
I'm being harsh to the people who deserve it, i.e. you.
Hehe you are funny. :lol:
*Headlocks Gramps and rubs knuckles on his Head* :P

makes me Laugh. :P

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:49 am

-sigh- Don't get techy.

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:04 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:I'm being harsh to the people who deserve it, i.e. you.
*cough* Let's leave the cat fights to pm's, shall we?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:39 pm

Lol. Hey, how about you...back off..you...stupid...head! YEAH! Take THAT!

Mike_Cuzins
Twitch

Post by Mike_Cuzins » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:43 am

Woah guys, lets keep the topic in our minds here.
Yeh it has been asked "will there be mltiplayer" etcetc
But now that there is a topic, we can post ideas. REMEMBER, we will all have to be creative because from what i understand. there is going to be some COMPLETELY newq and unseen gameplay modes. not just death matych, capture the flag and Co Op.

I think it would be cool if you could do team moves, like flip off eachothers sholders and deal massive damagew to opponent. or climb on eachjother to get on high shit. Sortof like splinter cell (I think thats the one). Only, we would need to think up a quick, uncomplicated, initiation process. I doint have many ideas, only this. when ur team mate runs up behind and presses shift (remember shift is context sensitive) the gamespeed goes to slow mode and you have like, 1 second to accept. if you reject, your team mate goes flying into a pack of wolves. hmm? ideas
? :roll:

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:12 am

How about rabbits vs a Gumf.

or better yet, a SWAT Multiplayer game where you have to keep the Riot from killing a VIP?
Maybe there could be a Lugaru Version of Blackshades?

a game of tooth fairy? bash the hell out of anything to get its tooth/teeth.
who ever gets the most in 5 minutes wins.

Chainsaws? Get you're Axe and cut down as many trees as you can and try to kill each other in the process. you may cut people down if you like.
but you only get points for killing them if they get squashed by a tree.

Hitman? one player is chosen each round at random to be plucked, yet he has the help of an NPC bodyguard. the other players must work together to kill the guy, you loose all points that round if you die that round, no Respawns until the game is over and no winers.

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:12 am

what the hell is a gumf?

Sage

Post by Sage » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:56 pm

Colicedus wrote:a game of tooth fairy? bash the hell out of anything to get its tooth/teeth.
who ever gets the most in 5 minutes wins.
I think I suggested something similar to this.

You kill bunnehs, and when they die the drop a flag (so that if they were moving fast then their flag would go flying and other people could pick it up) and you collect flags, and if you die you drop all the flags you had and plus the one you drop when you die. In order to score you have to get to the "nexus" which gives you points depending on how many you put in.

Yeah...

as for your hitman idea it would be like one bunny is all super kung-fu and has more hitpoints and maybe better equipment, and everyone else are the mooks. The mook that deals the killing blow dies and respawns as the super guy... or whatever...

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:05 pm

zatoichi wrote:what the hell is a gumf?
Giant Ugly Mother F*cker.
i know it sounds like some sorta landskee or maybe some retarded Ice Cream Desert.

For Hitman i think the target should know basic attacks, but he also has control over patrolling NPCs and should be able use a Transparent map to send the patrol routes. and he runs around completing his owen mission, i.e: the Target is going to have a meeting with another NPC (you could have two factions of NPC, the Targets and the negotiators). and then the Mooks go in and try to stop the negotiations from going Well and there for the Target fails.

the Target must get to another Target, go though some sort of Ingame Conversation, once the conversation has gone well (lets say there are options of what you say to convince the man before you to hand over a Briefcase of carrots, Diamonds, Wolf teeth, Spark plugs ETC.) and then go back to where they started to win. in that sense i think stealth is a better aspect. the NPCs don't attack you unless you are carrying a weapon, yet they ask you if they can take it off you before going mad, and attack if it is Drawn or covered in blood, or if you are wounded. i think conversation is a good thing, it can get you're Character out of fights and Distract the enemy long enough to let you're team mates though a door that is patrolled by a guard.

and something that has occurred to me. if there is going to be Co-op Multiplayer the Bunnies need to be able to wake up KO players and get them back up, but it requires them to crouch over them, and start slapping them on the face, yet they are not at full health and need a break from fighting for one minute.

and going to another idea (i am on fire today) those of you who have played World of Warcraft (i know it can be a life destroyer but hear me out) and have done some of the dungeon will know this is the only fun aspect of the game. it would be cool to do a Dungeon type SWAT Team in some place like a Bunny Prison (thinking of the Dungeon in WOW Called Stockade).

you all have to work together to KO or Kill the Rioters in the confines of a tunnel or Building. take on ridiculous (10 to 50 Rabbits at a time) amounts of foes and beat the day lights out of them!

(Imagines Turner bunny kicking one dude and sending the rest all flying into the wall with a satisfying Smash.) it would be pointless but Fun!

you could ad really nasty boss that can absorb a Rabbit kick and you have to use a Weapon to kill him and his punches Ragdol Victims.

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:13 pm

Colicedus wrote:maybe some retarded Ice Cream Desert.
Hehe

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:21 pm

Colicedus wrote: or maybe some retarded Ice Cream Desert.
That made me lol. :lol:

SMNMX

Post by SMNMX » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:04 am

Some kind of Ninja VS Guards mode is really all I need (not counting generic modes like TDM and CTF). One guy starting with a knife has to go against a whole team of guards with swords, pikes, bows, etc. The Ninja has to reach an objective and then escape, but the objective will glow when he grabs it so he was to make his exit quickly. Picking up a bow from a fallen guard would prove to be highly useful, especially if it's set to a longer respawn time for the guards (the Ninja, however, doesn't respawn).

Whoever kills the Ninja gets to choose a new Ninja, including himself if he wishes. If the Ninja wins he can go again for a preset number of times before being forced to choose a new Ninja.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:25 am

Brilliant!

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:23 am

They hade a mode like that in Syphon Filter 3. You had to sneak up on all the guards and kill them with your knife.

P.S. There's a reason that TDM and CTF are so popular. They kick ass!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:40 pm

Exactly. I agree with MacWiggy. What's come over me?