A Few Questions

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Zavern

A Few Questions

Post by Zavern » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:33 am

1. Will the game be free once its released.
2. Will the game have more things added to it like a multiplayer or other things like quests and challenges.
3. Will I be able to use the editer if I don't pre-purchase the game.
4. How long do I have til I can no longer pre-purchase.

Please answer quick, I love Sandbox type games and i've been waiting for one like this.

tannim

Re: A Few Questions

Post by tannim » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:33 am

1. no
2. probably
3. yes, if you buy the game. It's built in.
4. When the game is finished, you can no longer pre-order. I'd guess about a year, but what do I know.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 am

Also the game isn't a sandbox, or open world.

It's a mission based action game, where the missions take place in maps that are just large enough that you have enough space to circle around and enter the target building or whatever from the back. If you walk too far away from the action, you won't find sandbox stuff or an open world, but the edge of the map.

The mission maps haven't been done yet, what I wrote is based on reading their blog posts, such as this one:
http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/08/Avoidin ... strictions

xzener

Post by xzener » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:09 am

I hope the game keeps the sandbox and has an open world feature. like explore by foot,mount or fast travel! like Skyrim! but with a sandbox mode!

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:07 am

xzener wrote:I hope the game keeps the sandbox and has an open world feature. like explore by foot,mount or fast travel! like Skyrim! but with a sandbox mode!
The game isn't a sandbox, and doesn't have an open world.

It's a mission based action game, with an editor mode, where the maps are just large enough that you have enough space to circle around and enter the target building or whatever from the back. If you walk too far away from the action, you won't find sandbox stuff or an open world, but the edge of the map.

WOLVESAREOP

ERROR

Post by WOLVESAREOP » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:01 pm

HI IM HAVING TROUBLE ON OVERGROWTH MAC WHEN IT IS LOADING UP RED SHARDS IT SAYS ERROR COULD NOT LOAD IMAGE FILE LIKE DATA,TEXTURES,CRETE/BOULDRERS

Endoperez

Re: ERROR

Post by Endoperez » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:31 am

WOLVESAREOP wrote:HI IM HAVING TROUBLE ON OVERGROWTH MAC WHEN IT IS LOADING UP RED SHARDS IT SAYS ERROR COULD NOT LOAD IMAGE FILE LIKE DATA,TEXTURES,CRETE/BOULDRERS

HI TRY IF THIS FIXES IT:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15953&start=15#p170992

dorkwithagun567

Post by dorkwithagun567 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:12 am

This game...this game, with its physics driven combat system..fucking...kicks ASSS :lol: .. Have been testing the alpha version, and it is amazing. thank god for the creativity of indie developers. every outcome of every confrontation is basically completely dependent on real physics. haha, and a level editor to boot for maximum re-play ability...very well done rag dolls, i think the best i have ever seen. chimera kung fu rag dolls haha :mrgreen: ..sneaking ect ect.. basically this game is brilliant. :D

scout142

Post by scout142 » Tue May 06, 2014 12:42 pm

im having trouble loading the map red shards, i says that it cannot find the file 4_red_hills182 but when i check the files it is shown where it should be, help plz, red shards ismy favourite map in the game :/

last

Post by last » Tue May 06, 2014 4:03 pm

scout142 wrote:im having trouble loading the map red shards, i says that it cannot find the file 4_red_hills182 but when i check the files it is shown where it should be, help plz, red shards ismy favourite map in the game :/
Ask this again in the Secret preorder forum. This place is not for support- secret preorder forum is for that.

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Wed May 07, 2014 10:04 am

The real question is, why did he nerco a nearly 2 year old thread to say this?