IGD: PARENTS VS. STEAM.

Anything else
Endoperez

Re: IGD: PARENTS VS. STEAM.

Post by Endoperez » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:22 pm

Retarded Username wrote:That was even hard to read, Phoenix, just stop already.
No, YOU stop. You and several other posters are basically bullying him. Disagreeing with him - fine. Telling tall stories about his worthlessness (and childishness and stupidity and so on) to each other in a thread he is active in is not fine. Insulting someone is almost a part of internet conversation, but you're not conversing, it isn't a part of your dialogue with him - you are just insulting. and feeling good about it since others agree. basic bullying.

Phoenix, for my part, I do disagree with what you're saying in this thread, but I've got nothing against you. I hope I haven't hurt your feelings, and if I have, I'm sorry. However, this thread is currently going nowhere, and leaving it would probably be good.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:31 pm

I was going to write a big response, but you're right, what Phoenix has done has led me to not like a thing he posts.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Janne, I appreciate your point of view, as bullying really does suck, but it's not so much about that. I don't know if you've seen his post activity as of late, but it basically consists of him going into threads he's not involved in and posting insulting image macros, as if anything we were saying was directed at him. It gets a little bit tiresome after a while. I think you're right, that the best thing for him is to go do something else, but so far it seems he responds to negative feedback by lashing out.

Phoenix, you're not "in our heads." You're just being annoying. I have no reason to take time out of my day to pointlessly insult you, so consider that as feedback, not spite. It's clear you don't like us very much, as every interaction you have here seems to turn negative pretty quickly, and that's not the case with most people. It seems like you'd enjoy doing something else.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:38 pm

Hah, it's far from bullying. It's really more like...

Imagine you go out to a restaurant with a few friends. Or a park. A cafe. Something. You're having a casual conservation, and then from nowhere comes a little kid you barely know and decides to try to add to it. I mean, okay, whatever, it's not like you're in some exclusive club. But then any time you try to go down a new path of conversation or have a more serious discussion, he gets mad because he wants to talk about something else and brings up random tangents in an insulting manner, apparently expecting it to either be funny or clever, as if it'll win him respect. Then, of course, when he's called out on this bullshit, he either gets mad or acts blasé, the former reaction reinforcing the "jeez he's about as mature as you'd expect" and the latter reaction making me imagine this most of the time.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:13 am

I'm getting tired of this thread. That's about it. That trailer needs a age gate. It's bloody and not appropriate for kiddos.

I get sick of seeing stuff that's trying too hard to be too mature, which is the vibe I get from Pheonix. I lived the hard boiled life, it fuckin sucks. Everyone should just enjoy what they have and are and stop trying to fit themselves into a different mold.

And take your youth for what it's worth, Pheonix. I don't know how old you actually are, but if you are younger, just fucking live with it. Growing up sucks dick and there's a lot of shit you end up wishing you had back. There's some great stuff about being adult, but you give up a lot of things in the process, so enjoy them while you do still have them.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:32 am

Endo, Ret, Jackrum, Ragdoll, Korban.. you are good people.

And I do bloody well hope people like Phoenix (and adwuga, because secretly adwuga's only pretending to be a clever person secretly pretending to be an asshat)
can learn a whole lot from you.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

I'm done.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:45 pm

Glabbit wrote:Endo, Ret, Jackrum, Ragdoll, Korban.. you are good people.

And I do bloody well hope people like Phoenix (and adwuga, because secretly adwuga's only pretending to be a clever person secretly pretending to be an asshat)
I'll fix that for you...
[Insert random forum idiot here] wrote:Endo, Ret, Jackrum, Phoenix, Korban.. you are good people.

And I do bloody well hope people like Ragdoll, God, Adwuga, Bronys and Gabe Newell (and Jesus, because secretly Jesus's only pretending to be a clever person secretly pretending to be an asshat)

GLORY TO PHOENIX OUR LORD AND SAVIOR
Much better.

On topic of the off topic (If that makes any sense):

You're all assholes and for think I'M a(n) (Insert vulgar insult here) and you should all learn that if you don't want to be an asshole, you shouldn't treat people like dicks for supposedly being assholes.

You can't re-evaluate anyways, if an idiot on the internet decides that they're wrong, they either stop replying to the topic entirely (Nope), Choke it up and apologize (Not the majority) OR...

Continue being an ass (As the majority of people are being in most cases) to fit in with the majority and step it up a little every now and again.

You all know the internet, the average user will always go with one or three, this forum is no exception, and anyone who thinks that they are above any of this, they are entitled assholes who probably act this way normally (Notice a difference between me and this guy here?

No, there is no right answer)

You all assume I'M an asshole and probably entitled and act like an asshole normally, you can't either leave me alone (Or you ignore the topic entirely, but you people don't count) or just stop posting and continue to be assholes to me, and you can't think "Well, he may be an asshole but I AM TOO" because you all know you couldn't allow that, that would create a notion of you being assholes or that the person you THINK is an asshole, isn't.

And I'll answer the question in parentheses for you:

If you say no, you proved my point, if you say yes you proved my point.

"No" means that you are assholes who are just assholes, continue to live a hollow life and I wish you the worst If you can seriously (i.e. Really think I'm this way in real life) think that and that saddens me, and you could get to me if you tried.

"Yes" Means the same thing, you haven't taken the time and are just being assholes for asshole's sake, you can't get to me, and don't try.

And to be honest, I'm not going to let you try, I am a paranoid person who doesn't like leaving things to chance even though I betray/ abandon that philosophy a lot, I won't here, nothing to chance, I'm leaving, I'm done.

I don't care what you think, I refuse to think that anyone in this community (Except maybe SteelRaven) could possibly have the empathy to stop being assholes, everyone here is either entitled to all hell, an asshole or both, the majority of people can't think of this sooner and you people are no difference.

I give up.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:19 am

Ok man.

Guys, we've annoyed Phoenix so much he wrote all of that just to tell us he doesn't care.

Endoperez

Re: I'm done.

Post by Endoperez » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:13 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:I don't care what you think, I refuse to think that anyone in this community (Except maybe SteelRaven) could possibly have the empathy to stop being assholes, everyone here is either entitled to all hell, an asshole or both, the majority of people can't think of this sooner and you people are no difference.
I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I disagree. Many people who are active in these forums are friendly and helpful.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:18 am

Phoenix, stahp, please.
A lot of what you're saying makes a fair amount of sense, but you've really got the wrong idea.
I only felt the need to antagonise you after you deliberately started insulting people and showed no signs of stopping.
Yes, I'll admit I got carried away in the current, as everyone seemed in unanimous agreement that your conduct simply wasn't agreeable. But I felt becoming an asshole was my only defence against how much of an asshole you seemed to be becoming.

Remember my post in which I went all court-like and threw around evidence of disagreeable conduct?
That wasn't a joke. That was me trying to warn you that what you were doing was not fun whilst trying to preserve your dignity with a layer of humour. You threw it in my face.
That hurt.

I want to apologise for making you believe we were being assholes just for the sake of being assholes. Nothing could be further from the truth, except, and this is not a joke either, in the case of adwuga, who has been a long-standing and tolerated troll whose role seems to have become being the maximum dick he can whilst insulting the bare minimum of people.
Point being, whilst you're right about it being wrong to treat people like assholes just because you think they're being an asshole, you can't expect us to sit around tolerating insults like that.

We are not Gandhi Collective; we are a bunch of dudes who frequent a website.
And with that in mind I hope you can forgive us for not being so diplomatic as to be able to convince you to stop insulting us before we turn on you for an antagonist.

I meant it when I said these are good people, and I mean that because I know they can care about these things, and understand your point of view just as well as you do. But you feel the need to insult them anyway, and what could they do with that?

We don't hate you, Phoenix, we never have. We're just annoyed at how you've been acting lately and you've been ignoring what warnings us dudes-on-the-net could muster to give.
I hope you can see that as well, and then maybe we can break out of this cold situation.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:07 am

I think it all went downhill from here:

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Retarded Username wrote:I think it all went downhill from here:
I have numerous responses to this, none of them good.

1: This post was a month ago, I wouldn't classify that as soon.

2: That post looks totally harmless from my perspective.

So, you guys had one option and that would be ignore it because it isn't hurting anyone and you decided to make a third option (That is continue [or start] being an asshole) and be an asshole FOR NO REASON.
Glabbit wrote:Phoenix, stahp, please.
A lot of what you're saying makes a fair amount of sense, but you've really got the wrong idea.
I only felt the need to antagonise you after you deliberately started insulting people and showed no signs of stopping.
Yes, I'll admit I got carried away in the current, as everyone seemed in unanimous agreement that your conduct simply wasn't agreeable. But I felt becoming an asshole was my only defence against how much of an asshole you seemed to be becoming.
So you can't respond to me supposedly being an "asshole" without being an asshole?
Remember my post in which I went all court-like and threw around evidence of disagreeable conduct?
That wasn't a joke. That was me trying to warn you that what you were doing was not fun whilst trying to preserve your dignity with a layer of humour. You threw it in my face.
That hurt.
I call bullshit, I simply chose not to respond.
I want to apologise for making you believe we were being assholes just for the sake of being assholes.
No, you verifyed that from the post above that you are being assholes.
Nothing could be further from the truth, except, and this is not a joke either, in the case of adwuga, who has been a long-standing and tolerated troll whose role seems to have become being the maximum dick he can whilst insulting the bare minimum of people.
So why am I getting the asshole treatment to a long tolerated troll?
Point being, whilst you're right about it being wrong to treat people like assholes just because you think they're being an asshole, you can't expect us to sit around tolerating insults like that.
So you just don't care?
We are not Gandhi Collective; we are a bunch of dudes who frequent a website.
And with that in mind I hope you can forgive us for not being so diplomatic as to be able to convince you to stop insulting us before we turn on you for an antagonist.
So, let me get this straight...

You turn ME into an antagonist for YOUR inability to convince ME that I am being an asshole even though I didn't think I was being an asshole?
I meant it when I said these are good people, and I mean that because I know they can care about these things, and understand your point of view just as well as you do. But you feel the need to insult them anyway, and what could they do with that?
Say "Dude, please stop being an asshole" instead of "Kid fuck off you fucking fucked up fucking fuck, go fucking fuck yourself"
We don't hate you, Phoenix, we never have.
BULLSHIT YOU HAVEN'T MADE THAT CLEAR AT ALL.
We're just annoyed at how you've been acting lately and you've been ignoring what warnings us dudes-on-the-net could muster to give.
Then these dudes on the net need to be a tad more blunt then they already are, I remember ONE person (Who apparently couldn't take the joke I was making) calling me out on being an asshole, that person couldn't take the joke and I was right to disregard that.
I hope you can see that as well, and then maybe we can break out of this cold situation.
This is not a joke, but I honestly don't know how to respond to this.
Endoperez wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:I don't care what you think, I refuse to think that anyone in this community (Except maybe SteelRaven) could possibly have the empathy to stop being assholes, everyone here is either entitled to all hell, an asshole or both, the majority of people can't think of this sooner and you people are no difference.
I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I disagree. Many people who are active in these forums are friendly and helpful.
What are you on and where can I get some?
The randomness forum has never been helpful at all, the SPF has to an extent.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:36 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
Endoperez wrote:
What are you on and where can I get some?
The randomness forum has never been helpful at all, the SPF has to an extent.

Randomness subforum I might give you, but you mentioned the whole community in your post. I can't agree with that. It includes the SPF, the main Wolfire subforum (which is somewhat better), an the Lugaru and Receiver subforum as well. As far as I understand, your main beef is with the people who frequent Randomness, not the whole community.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:

No one ever called this harmful or recent, just pointing that out.
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote: So, you guys had one option and that would be ignore it because it isn't hurting anyone and you decided to make a third option (That is to stop being assholes) and try to forgive me FOR NO REASON.
Stop making yourself the victim, the length of your posts take me to believe you take these posts in the randomness section seriously.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Retarded Username wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:

No one ever called this harmful or recent, just pointing that out.
What the fuck did you want to point out? I missed it.
Stop making yourself the victim, the length of your posts take me to believe you take these posts in the randomness section seriously.
I only said what happened, I didn't say I was affected in any way.