I hate you Dark Souls 2.

Anything else
Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: I hate you Dark Souls 2.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:08 am

Endoperez wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Gods Will Be Watching is the only indie game harder then Dark Souls.
And I love it...
I dunno, there's too many indie games to keep track of. For example, I'd claim that "I wanna be the guy" is harder. Perhaps Super Meat Boy too, although it's much easier. VVVVVV too, although the generous save points help there. Even Flappy Bird is unfairly difficult in a way that Dark Souls series isn't.
Granted, quite a few indie games go unnoticed, I remember Gratuitous Space Battles being stupidly difficult.

Gods Will Be Watching is the only recent noticeable indie game that's harder then Dark Souls.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:56 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
Gods Will Be Watching is the only recent noticeable indie game that's harder then Dark Souls.
Your fanboner at this point is just fucking embarrassing.
Ok let me turn this around a bit.

*CLEARS THROAT* AHEM!

"OMG WHERE IS THE SAVE FUNCTION IN GODS WILL BE WATCHING?! LIKE SERIOUSLY WTF I HAVE TO START THESE FUCKING LEVELS OVER EVERY TIME I FAIL OMG?! THIS GAME IS LIKE A SHITTY GLORIFIED RESOURCE MANAGEMENT GAME WITH HARDLY ANY STORY NARRATIVE!!! OMG SOUNDS LIKE LAZY GAME DESIGN TO ME!!!! OMG WOW NO OPTION FOR PVP?!?!?! THIS IS BULLSHIT YOU MEAN I HAVE TO PLAY IT SINGLEPLAYER THE WHOLE TIME!?! WOW AND ALL THESE STUPID TYPOS WTF"

That is what you sound like. Every day of your life. Even to your parents.

For the record, I actually like GWBW. So in your shitty half-brained response, please find something else to pick at.

/dropsmic

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:21 pm

underthedeep wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
spooge reply
Now you're trying too hard and making yourself look silly. That's also the second time you've tried to mention his age. Come on, even evil has standards.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:10 pm

underthedeep wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
Your fanboner at this point is just fucking embarrassing.
If he's so embarrassingly wrong, can you please name even one indie game that's harder than Dark Souls that has been released during the last 2 years? I can't think of any.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:02 pm

I never said anything about other recent indie games coming out being harder. Comparing Dark Souls to GWBW just seems like comparing apples and oranges, they both respectfully challenging in their own ways.

I hate x so lets compare it to y.

I see how using that quote can make my reply confusing though. Wasn't the point I was trying to make.

-edit for spelling-

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:04 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
Endoperez wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Gods Will Be Watching is the only indie game harder then Dark Souls.
And I love it...
I dunno, there's too many indie games to keep track of. For example, I'd claim that "I wanna be the guy" is harder. Perhaps Super Meat Boy too, although it's much easier. VVVVVV too, although the generous save points help there. Even Flappy Bird is unfairly difficult in a way that Dark Souls series isn't.
Granted, quite a few indie games go unnoticed, I remember Gratuitous Space Battles being stupidly difficult.

Hey Pheonix? Guess what?

http://www.gratuitousspacebattles2.com

Glabbit

Re: I hate you more than Adwuga

Post by Glabbit » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:06 pm

Oh man, this thread is bile.

Guys.
Don't let yourself be dragged so far down into the stupid.

I honestly wasn't joking when I wrote this post, which was an attempt to make people (not just phoenix) wisen up to ongoing obnoxiousness.
Now, almost two months later, I see this shitstorm of semi-useless exchanges going on.

We have long back established that Phoenix isn't going to respond to logic and reason, and he's dragging others down into the pits of madness with him. Thus, I move again, let us ban Phoenixwarrior141, even if not permanently, so that he and the rest of us can calm ourselves and perhaps, dare I dream, stop behaving like nine-year-olds.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:36 pm

Plot twist: I am nine.

Not really, but you are right Glabbit. I was a bit cranky this morning and wasn't thinking straight.

How could I ever let this happen?

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:12 pm

I'd just like to say for myself that I apologize wholeheartedly for calling Phoenix a "fucking casul." It was a comment made solely in jest, as I have seen firsthand the deft skill with which he pwns n00bs the world over. I would even go so far as to say that, completely contrary to my original comment, Phoenix is actually quite hardcore.

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:51 pm

Wise ol' Glabbit to the rescue.

EDIT: Holy hell, I just realized that I have been a part of this community for a whole year ten days ago, I shall now go read my first few posts and cringe for an hour.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:19 am

Glabbit wrote:
We have long back established that Phoenix isn't going to respond to logic and reason, and he's dragging others down into the pits of madness with him. Thus, I move again, let us ban Phoenixwarrior141,
It takes two to tango - phoenix isn't the devil come here to tempt saints. He's just a person who used to enjoy spending time here, but with the way he's being ostracized and bullied, I don't know if that's true anymore.

You being annoyed at someone isn't a reason to ban. What even is a bannable offence here? Spam, random posts and rudeness are prohibited, yes, but if I were a moderator I could use that line of thought to ban most people in this thread.

Seriously, this started as "I don't like a game, I wasted my money". Now it's about people insulting a person for not agreeing, I.e. not liking a game. Again, if I were a moderator and punished the insulting people, Phoenix wouldn't be the worst offender, and might not receive a punishment.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:19 am

If you were moderator, I would fear for a great many ranged combat advocates in the SPF.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:50 pm

Dammasta wrote: Hey Pheonix? Guess what?

http://www.gratuitousspacebattles2.com
Oh yes

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Endoperez wrote:
Glabbit wrote:Begone, foul fiend!
It takes two to tango - phoenix isn't the devil come here to tempt saints. He's just a person who used to enjoy spending time here, but with the way he's being ostracized and bullied, I don't know if that's true anymore.

You being annoyed at someone isn't a reason to ban. What even is a bannable offence here? Spam, random posts and rudeness are prohibited, yes, but if I were a moderator I could use that line of thought to ban most people in this thread.

Seriously, this started as "I don't like a game, I wasted my money". Now it's about people insulting a person for not agreeing, I.e. not liking a game. Again, if I were a moderator and punished the insulting people, Phoenix wouldn't be the worst offender, and might not receive a punishment.
You are quite right, of course. No one here is a sole instigator of any of the madness we've had. But please don't misunderstand to think that's what I'm saying. I'm not calling anyone the devil, I'm certainly not calling anyone saints. But there is a situation going on and insults are thrown about needlessly, which isn't an unusual thing in itself, but it's been dragging on for so long and escalating to the point I'd find would be call for intervention.

You say you'd find Phoenix not to be the worst offender. Are you sure?
Let me explain how I've seen this situation to develop.
Phoenix offended a bunch of people. It happens. There is no one on these forums save perhaps the elusive David who has failed to offend at least one person at some point.
Some people comment with varying degrees of subtlety on how they don't appreciate that.
Phoenix, presumably trying to be funny, responds by continuing to offend. Understandably, this ruffles some feathers. He's still posting fairly relevant content in other threads, and being a general part of the community, but respect for him has been dented a tad, and in his boyish attitude he doesn't have the galactic diplomacy required to keep bothered people on the internet from insulting him openly.
Others, who were less bold up to this point but equally dissatisfied with Phoenix' conduct, find the open insults to be some kind of justification for insulting him openly themselves, and more hostility crops up, which makes the first stone-throwers feel more justified and generally unleashes a torrent of snide, cooperative bullying.
Phoenix takes this rather well, but perhaps not wisely. As he stated in one of the back-and-forths on this topic, some people would concede at this point, apologise, and tame themselves. Others might feel threatened, and flee the forums. Phoenix did neither of these things; he stood is ground, and is still standing his ground.
The thing is, that does not solve the situation. If he were to apologise, it would defuse the idea that pummeling him is justified, allowing him to be reintegrated and eventually respected again. If he were to leave, the crowd would have no one to pummel, might make some snide jokes afterwards, but when would return there would first be a curiosity about whether he's changed or learned something since he was last active.
Sticking around just exacerbates things; since so many feel justified in attacking Phoenix, there are all too few left who are capable of taking him seriously, and the concept of justified hostility keeps on feeding itself so long as Phoenix keeps doing things that someone finds 'wrong'.

The key here is that Phoenix seems unwilling to cooperate. Nay, even unwilling to help himself. Unwilling to consider his own actions. When people first announced their dissatisfaction, he either didn't fully understand, or he ignored them. When I later wrote the courtesque post, he chose not to respond.
And thus he continues to provide empty arguments, acting as if the words 'No' and 'Bullshit' actually contain any intellectual content for use in disputes, antagonising and ignoring the more logic-loving members of the community.

No, I do not hate Phoenix. No, I do not consider him the devil. But I do find him an annoying fuckwit who is undeniably at the core of the consideration-drought conundrum that we face.
And that is why, if I were a moderator, I would choose to temporarily remove him from the equation.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:00 pm

This whole phoenixwarrior hate bullshit has really gone too far. Look, I don't particularly like him either, hell I even write snide replies to his threads sometimes. But this is getting silly.
Glabbit wrote:You are quite right, of course. No one here is a sole instigator of any of the madness we've had. But please don't misunderstand to think that's what I'm saying. I'm not calling anyone the devil, I'm certainly not calling anyone saints. But there is a situation going on and insults are thrown about needlessly, which isn't an unusual thing in itself, but it's been dragging on for so long and escalating to the point I'd find would be call for intervention.
You could just ignore his posts. There's no reason to reply to his shit if you don't like it.
You say you'd find Phoenix not to be the worst offender. Are you sure?
I've seen worse. I find that mildly annoying.
Let me explain how I've seen this situation to develop.
Phoenix offended a bunch of people. It happens. There is no one on these forums save perhaps the elusive David who has failed to offend at least one person at some point.
Some people comment with varying degrees of subtlety on how they don't appreciate that.
Phoenix, presumably trying to be funny, responds by continuing to offend. Understandably, this ruffles some feathers. He's still posting fairly relevant content in other threads, and being a general part of the community, but respect for him has been dented a tad, and in his boyish attitude he doesn't have the galactic diplomacy required to keep bothered people on the internet from insulting him openly.
Others, who were less bold up to this point but equally dissatisfied with Phoenix' conduct, find the open insults to be some kind of justification for insulting him openly themselves, and more hostility crops up, which makes the first stone-throwers feel more justified and generally unleashes a torrent of snide, cooperative bullying.
Phoenix takes this rather well, but perhaps not wisely. As he stated in one of the back-and-forths on this topic, some people would concede at this point, apologise, and tame themselves. Others might feel threatened, and flee the forums. Phoenix did neither of these things; he stood is ground, and is still standing his ground.
I was going to reply to this part but then I realized its mostly just putting all the blame on phoenixwarrior's shoulders.
The thing is, that does not solve the situation. If he were to apologise, it would defuse the idea that pummeling him is justified, allowing him to be reintegrated and eventually respected again. If he were to leave, the crowd would have no one to pummel, might make some snide jokes afterwards, but when would return there would first be a curiosity about whether he's changed or learned something since he was last active.
I don't see how apologizing for something you don't feel sorry for at all will help fix a situation. I find this idea of integrating into the "Wolfire community" to be hilarious.
Sticking around just exacerbates things; since so many feel justified in attacking Phoenix, there are all too few left who are capable of taking him seriously, and the concept of justified hostility keeps on feeding itself so long as Phoenix keeps doing things that someone finds 'wrong'.
Are you arguing that he leave voluntarily?
The key here is that Phoenix seems unwilling to cooperate. Nay, even unwilling to help himself. Unwilling to consider his own actions. When people first announced their dissatisfaction, he either didn't fully understand, or he ignored them. When I later wrote the courtesque post, he chose not to respond.
And thus he continues to provide empty arguments, acting as if the words 'No' and 'Bullshit' actually contain any intellectual content for use in disputes, antagonising and ignoring the more logic-loving members of the community.
So he ignored your oh, so helpful advice and you feel snubbed?
No, I do not hate Phoenix. No, I do not consider him the devil. But I do find him an annoying fuckwit who is undeniably at the core of the consideration-drought conundrum that we face.
And that is why, if I were a moderator, I would choose to temporarily remove him from the equation.
Banning someone because other people don't like how he acts or posts is stupid and mostly just spiteful.

Other than be an immature and ignoring "advice" other forum members have given him, I haven't really seen anything phoenixwarrior has done to warrant a ban. Sure, he's spammed his own threads with stupid images and been fairly stubborn and hardheaded in his replies. But he hasn't done anything particularly disrupting that could not be solved by just ignoring or avoiding him all together. You don't like what he's posting, in a thread he made, bow the fuck out. Leave, your time is better spent on other things.

There is also a "Report" button for all threads and replies, if you feel something is inappropriate or offensive, press it.