Human Characters

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
RagdollZombie

Re: Human Characters

Post by RagdollZombie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:18 pm

Humans don't belong in Overgrowth- period. But if you still want to play as a human, look for the Oni Mod...

droog

Post by droog » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:08 am

I want more Animals instead of boring humans. :mrgreen:

JabloDaHut

Post by JabloDaHut » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:27 am

Doggyhugger wrote:I would like to see humans in the game, but NOT as characters but as some kind of backround species, like the race from assasin's creed or the Proteans from Mass Effect.
I think the plot could be like this: The wolves are trying to unhearth a ruin that has been buried underground a long time ago, and contains some "phat lewt", the protagonist, for some reason, tries to stop them. At the end of the game, it is revealed that the ruins are actually a bunker filled with books and records that describe how mankind created the anthropomorphic animals and, (surprise, surprise), the latter revolt and the ensuing war ends with the humans being brought into extintion, and the world devolving into a medieval age. At the very end, the protagonist opens a chamber and finds out the "phat lewt" to be: FIRE WEAPONRY! And so leaves the chance for overgrowth 2.
It may not make much sense but, hey! It's a fantasy tale!
That sounds amazing. :D

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:37 pm

RagdollZombie wrote:I think there are way too many games with humans in them. There are rarely ANY games at all like overgrowth where you are an animal. Most of the animal (anthropomorphic or not) games I've seen aren't good (like wolfquest for example). You can probably find a lot of other games similar to overgrowth but with humans instead. I don't mean to be rude but Overgrowth wasn't designed to have humans in it.
I am so sorry for you if Wolf Quest is your only exposure to animal-centric games. Track down a copy of Okami (PS2/PS3/Wii) and have a grand 70+ hours finding new ways to kill things with a paintbrush.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:38 am

I do have Okami, it's one of my favorite games. What I'm saying is there aren't many good games like that.

TheCyclonicStorm

Post by TheCyclonicStorm » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:23 am

Oh, I'd so love to play as a human in Overgrowth.

On the terms that I was in a sandwich being devoured by a back of hungry bunnies. :D

zpp policeman33

Post by zpp policeman33 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:20 pm

I agree, there should be some humans to rise up and dominate these wild homocidal rabbits. Plus, you idiots do realize humans are basically animals too right?

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:46 pm

Yes but how many games are dominated by crazy ninja rabbits?

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:09 am

RagdollZombie wrote:Humans don't belong in Overgrowth- period. But if you still want to play as a human, look for the Oni Mod...
Can't say it better than this.