Lugaru 2 NEEDS GORE.

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:05 pm

ME HATE BEARS. BEARS BAD. NO LIKE BEARS. SHOUT! SHOUT! SHOUT AT BEARS! LET'S ANGRY AT THE BEARS. I MAKE FIGHT! FIGHT, FIGHT,FIGHT!!
WAAAAAUUUUUGH!!!

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:41 pm

MacWiggy wrote:ME HATE BEARS. BEARS BAD. NO LIKE BEARS. SHOUT! SHOUT! SHOUT AT BEARS! LET'S ANGRY AT THE BEARS. I MAKE FIGHT! FIGHT, FIGHT,FIGHT!!
WAAAAAUUUUUGH!!!
Not Even Doom Music could make this a worthwhile post.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:11 pm

MacWiggy wrote:ME HATE BEARS. BEARS BAD. NO LIKE BEARS. SHOUT! SHOUT! SHOUT AT BEARS! LET'S ANGRY AT THE BEARS. I MAKE FIGHT! FIGHT, FIGHT,FIGHT!!
WAAAAAUUUUUGH!!!
Wow, the caps did it? Alright, didn't think it was a big deal, but if the above comment works just fine in lower case form... Okay then.
It may be silly, but I'm not going to get pissed off and flame someone for it, that's kinda much.

I get it though, not something I should have bothered typing up, and in caps-lock form.

Edit:
hdlsa wrote:u guyz iz dum

but seriously, stop flaming

i edited this post 4 times
Yes, I can relate to this. It can be damn hard to say something that's only like 1 or 2 lines long, especially when... you know.
Last edited by Zantalos on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:46 am

With gore in the Config Text, you must be able to set the Gore to 2500 and have people Spontanusly Exsplode! :twisted:

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:49 am

I was making fun of Zantalos for taking in all caps like an angry retard.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:36 am

That is enough from you for a while... you are temp-banned for derailing this thread with flames.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:38 am

With respect to gore in Lugaru 2, I am still not sure how much we will use soft-body fracture for characters; we may mostly use it for object destruction. There will probably be some kind of gore slider to determine if limbs can be severed and so forth.

Flickta

Post by Flickta » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:35 am

David wrote:With respect to gore in Lugaru 2, I am still not sure how much we will use soft-body fracture for characters; we may mostly use it for object destruction. There will probably be some kind of gore slider to determine if limbs can be severed and so forth.
Show, show us the demo of soft-body fracture! :wink: Or even a screenshot. An extremely interesting technology with great potential, but how does the realisation look like?

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:18 pm

And if you must do such an Great Feat. please make it available for
OS x. :wink:

This Thought could be interesting. maybe for a later patch for the game, but something that sounds good. Make a Proper Internal, Breakable Bone Structure. combined this with Internal organs (Eg: Heart, Stomach (and see what they had for Lunch) Intestines (ya, New toy to Garrote people with) and Mussel Tissue). for Effect when People Crouch over there Victims and Stab the hell out of them. and Scaring Capabilities. The Fur cant grow over the Scar; and it slowly Heals up depending on how bad it is and once its fully normal you can see fur grow back.

Will there also be lava? Bubonic Garbage waste from the Rabbit waste?
I soooo, cant Wait! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:26 pm

Zantalos wrote:
WAAAAAUUUUUGH!!!
Wow, the caps did it? Alright, didn't think it was a big deal, but if the above comment works just fine in lower case form... Okay then.
It may be silly, but I'm not going to get pissed off and flame someone for it, that's kinda much.

I get it though, not something I should have bothered typing up, and in caps-lock form.
Whapowned! (With a dry-cool wit like that, I could be an action hero.)

Note : "Whapowned!" is now copyrighted by me, and so you cannot use it. Find your own quirky catchphrase!

Secondary Note : For anyone who didn't get it, "Whapowned" was a mixture between "whapow" and "owned". Clever, huh? No? Yeah...I know.
MacWiggy wrote:I was making fun of Zantalos for taking in all caps like an angry retard.
No need for it, man, no need.
Macwiggy,
troll on timeout
I lol'd. Good use of alliteration.

And now for something slightly related to the topic :

I concur, a demo of the soft body physics would be nice. I'm scared about this stuff, though, because it's likely going to kill my computer.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:33 pm

Let us Drop it.
Drop....
Drroo..
DROP-IT!
When a Problem Comes a long, you must Drop it (CRACK) Drop it good.

Let us Celebrate Goriness and Splatter.

Swing you're Partner round and Round, then Throw him in the Ditch.
Take you're shot gun and Blast him Dead.

(i Beat a lot of people would want to be my partner now :D )

Now. let us Drop it

BLOOD! :twisted:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:48 pm

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:04 pm

You can find the site for the zombie demo here: http://www.realmatter.com/

It only works on Windows because it is currently using the Ogre SDK rather than the Phoenix engine; but soon I am going to incorporate it into Phoenix and improve on the graphics, mostly with respect to blood and broken-surface capping. This demo is mostly developed by Alec Rivers; Aubrey Serr created the models, and I mostly helped coordinate its creation.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:17 pm

Cool. I may be able to try it out once I get a PC (By that time L2 is out and i buy that instead)

You have Really found a Good Market David and Jeff. People with OS x have a lack of Good 3D Fighting games. Most of what i have found is 2D games that Look good but are really Disappointing. I Say... L1 Was Brilliant. I find it Ridiculously Challenging in a Fun way.
And i can only blame myself for Coking up, not invisible rolling Dice.

Thanks, you saved me From going back to Wow!
and i Don't Say Thanks Lightly.

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:59 pm

There should be special spawnable ragdolls are completely softbody. They wouldn't be used for campaign and such, but it would be fun to have them for custom maps.