Bows and arrows

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:20 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:And things like crosswords and sudoku and such are definately not that good to do with friends :|
Yeah, the amount of times friendly crossword competitions with my friends have turned into all-out brawls...it still hurts when I see words spelled in a vertical fashion...

Sage

Post by Sage » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:47 pm

I like sudoku... kinda... it helps me waste time.

Now, what were we talking about?

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:22 pm

lol, they were talking about using shurikens (and not the huge 2 footers you see on Naruto), where at some point Ledood said "Virtual seppuku would be pretty cool," which I have NO IDEA what that's about, and somehow that brought up sudoku. Chh, c'mon, you knew what we were talking about.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:35 am

Hey that gives me an idea for a weapon the Women use for self Defense. Based off of the Fans that some of the Royal Body guards (was it japan or China?)

give the fans a throw ability, rather much like what i suggested with Knifes in all Directions and Inflicting multiple Injuries and sending everyone a scatter, but only able to be done once. the fan could also have Blades and al-sorts. but That would be an excuse to add more Cloth Physics!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:11 am

Zantalos wrote:lol, they were talking about using shurikens (and not the huge 2 footers you see on Naruto), where at some point Ledood said "Virtual seppuku would be pretty cool," which I have NO IDEA what that's about, and somehow that brought up sudoku. Chh, c'mon, you knew what we were talking about.
Seppuku was basically suicide committed by the...ronin? Was it? They had a code of honour, and seppuku was an honourable way of taking their own life, where they stabbed themselves in the stomach with their sword. Do I have that right, or did I get something way off?

GaGrin

Post by GaGrin » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:36 am

Seppuku is ritual suicide commited by Samurai who wished to retain their honour after some form of disgrace, or if ordered to by their Lord (I believe fairly rare - but if the Samurai had caused his Lord a lose of face this would be required to restore both the individual samurai's and his Lord's honour).

There was also a variation on this for women, but I can't remember the name.

Japan's a very strange, very interesting and very insular country. While some of this has changed in modern times, the basic heart of Japan is pretty much the same. Its all about saving face and public opinion - honour is basically "Don't get caught".

:) Sounds alot like Britain at times. 'Cept we brits HAVE lost nearly everything that we used to hold as values :(

Sage

Post by Sage » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:15 pm

GaGrin wrote::) Sounds alot like Britain at times. 'Cept we brits HAVE lost nearly everything that we used to hold as values :(
At least you don't run around drawing people that you don't bother to animate their legs, but when it comes to sex scenes you need to have it fricken 100 frames a second.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:27 am

and you know this how?

Being honest i got Bored of Animes when DBz was at the Android saga. they were Poor animations that showed little violence and a lot were poorly Done.

then there are some of these people at my old school who were stealing them off the net and Printing them into magazines and selling them to the Intermediate and High school third formers. some of them were Just the Characters and some were something you don't want to walk in on you're Daughter or girl friend (Ex girl friend should i say) doing.

it was so funny getting them busted.
they Suffered suspension and Copyright. :lol:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:46 pm

Watch Full Metal Alchemist on YouTube. Not the English dub, though. That cartoon has some horrifying bits.

Sage

Post by Sage » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:50 pm

Colicedus wrote:and you know this how?
I don't, my freind told me about it when his other psychotic "friend" forced him to watch anime for an entire day.

If he didn't watch it he probably would have attacked him with a meat cleaver or something.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:51 pm

Right.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:45 pm

Anime makes me slightly embarrassed :?

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:26 pm

Colicedus wrote:Hey that gives me an idea for a weapon the Women use for self Defense. Based off of the Fans that some of the Royal Body guards (was it japan or China?)

give the fans a throw ability, rather much like what i suggested with Knifes in all Directions and Inflicting multiple Injuries and sending everyone a scatter, but only able to be done once. the fan could also have Blades and al-sorts. but That would be an excuse to add more Cloth Physics!
Fans? Like paper, fans for cooling yourself off?

Sage

Post by Sage » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:33 pm

I think he means war farns... I think they were an oriental weapon that resembled cooling rans except rthey had blades on the edges. I think...

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:35 pm

I think it was just metal on the edges, for blocking/whacking.