Are the dev team furries?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:39 pm

Zip, Fournine must be your conscience :P

Technically, the blind man could be saying "I see" in response to something the mute said, if the mute had a Macintosh laptop, as he could've used what I sometimes use, which is use a sticky widget and the Speak Text command to have the computer say what you typed in the sticky widget

And whenever someone says "It was clear as mud" I keep thinking that it was actually very clear and easy to understand for some reason

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:38 am

Well, David. I got one thing to say to you if you would be going:
Watch out for the fursuiters! :shock:

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:50 pm

Inane wrote: I say go the con and promote the game, just bring a gun or sharp stick.
Why would you do that? I could understand if you had Werwolf Syndrome, or had Animal like Characteristics. Or are a lot of them anti Non/anti Furry? Or is it the Fear of the Little Unknown?

Sage

Post by Sage » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:50 pm

zip wrote:You're all wrong, it's "I see, said the blind man to the deaf mute".
This is funny because
  • * The blind man obviously cannot be saying he is seeing in the visual sense
    * Nor can he be saying "I see" in response to something the mute said
    * The deaf mute can't hear him anyway
I'VE HAD IT WRONG ALL THESE YEARS *jumps off cliff*

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:32 pm

Sage wrote:
zip wrote:You're all wrong, it's "I see, said the blind man to the deaf mute".
This is funny because
  • * The blind man obviously cannot be saying he is seeing in the visual sense
    * Nor can he be saying "I see" in response to something the mute said
    * The deaf mute can't hear him anyway
I'VE HAD IT WRONG ALL THESE YEARS *jumps off cliff*
*In a Poorly acted Horror Movie Voice says: Don't do it Sage!*

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:16 pm

Long story short, furs are cuddly and cozy and delicious. Short story long, anything by Dickens.

Rowne

Post by Rowne » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:40 am

I understand the psychology behind the game, in that dehumanizing is a good way to introduce a level of invulnerability to the characters without destroying suspension of disbelief. When dealing with a race that's entirely fictional for the purpose of the game, it's down to the developer alone to say how they'd react to any given situation. That's a good approach, it means that violence can be introduced without either being sick or destroying SofD.

It's a good tactic, especially in a game like Lugaru.

I'm also rather pleased with the forward-thinking attitude of the lead developer, it wouldn't have really mattered to me one way or the other. I enjoy games for being good games and I can't help but wonder if people that create animé games are followed around by disturbingly leery people asking them if they're hentai fans (I leave people to draw their own parallels by this).

I find it funny though that whenever I see pervyness being discussed, it's usually people talking about how furs are pervs rather than furries being present and asking for pervyness in games. You just have to think there's something going on there, don't you? It's easy to see and if I can see it, it's not a smart idea for anyone trying to market a product to jump on that particular bandwagon.

So hurrah for a good product and progressive, objective thinking!

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:50 am

People only point out the furs with interesting fetishes, just like they only point out the foreigners who are terrorists or the scientific experiments that could explode or the dogs that bite.

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:57 pm

Furries are great for fighting games, where are a human would be annoying. You have no idea how degrading it is to point a gun at someone in GTA, and they beg for mercy.

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:44 pm

It's even worse that they can pull out a gun of their own and shoot you even before you finish pulling the trigger.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:36 pm

MacWiggy wrote:Furries are great for fighting games, where are a human would be annoying. You have no idea how degrading it is to point a gun at someone in GTA, and they beg for mercy.
I never even thought about that. Lol. It's a video game. It's alright to not feel sympathy for people in a video game. That's why they made KOTOR, so people could be evil and enjoy it while not having to feel bad about it afterwards.

Vib Rib
Lugaru da Vinci

Post by Vib Rib » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:34 am

Personally I think there's a difference between a "furry" and an anthropomorphic animal. Anthropomorphic animals I have nothing against in their own right whatsoever, and agree with the conclusions about uncanny valley and such, as well as certain characters just being better to tell certain stories.
Also personally, I can't stand Furry as a subculture or nearly any of the furries I've actually met, either online or in person.

That said, I still try to keep all people on an individual-worth basis and don't dislike anyone, furry or otherwise, unless they give me a reason to do so.

Related to the topic at hand, one thing some furries tend to do that grates on my nerves is calling anything anthropomorphic "Furry". Turner is not a furry, Bugs Bunny is not a furry, and my characters are not furries. A furry character has some relation to the internet subculture of the same name, by virtue of the creator, content, or target audience.
Again, this is all just how I see it, but still, it can be... annoying at times.

That said, I have met some furries who have turned out to be very decent folk, and don't think that single aspect alone is enough to change a person one way or the other.

Sage

Post by Sage » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:46 am

Good thinking Vib Rib, but to me, a "furry" character is any character that is furry (Turner is furry cause he has lots of fur, for example :P)

I talk to a lot of furres online. At least, I think that it's furre... or some stuff like that. One of them was really weird and said he was... well... I'll spare you guys the cutter.

Most of the furres I'm around are extremely kind... extremely... wheras the people at PHWonline.com are... umm... I don't know how to put it.

Inane

Post by Inane » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:01 am

Sage wrote:umm... I don't know how to put it.
Their 'character', which is likely the embodiment of how they want to be, is a literal bitch?

Sage

Post by Sage » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:21 pm

no, not at all. I mean. I don't know how to describe them. They are not at all bitches. Sometimes they can be weird and goofy, and sometimes they can ummm... I dunno... it's funny. But then again, it's a comic site, so they ahve to be funny :D