Contributing animator

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
megasaur

Contributing animator

Post by megasaur » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:24 pm

Hello!

I'm new to this forum and this game's development so please excuse my ignorance. :D

I think Overgrowth looks amazingly fun and I really want to play it. But I'm especially curious about its animation system. Is there some way one could play around with it (the animation system) and add custom made animations?

I have some experience in Maya and Motionbuilder animation. Is there an Overgrowth maya rig for example?

If it's not possible could anyone recommend any videos where the animation system is presented? The only ones I found were many years old.

(I couldn't find any answer in the forum, but please direct me to one if I missed it)

Cheers!

Endoperez

Re: Contributing animator

Post by Endoperez » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:41 am

Overgrowth uses Blender for animation nowadays, there's no Maya rig. The blender files including all the animations are included with the game! There are some rather unique animation tricks, here's a gdc video:

http://blog.wolfire.com/2014/05/GDC-201 ... tion-Video

In the se cret preordee forum there's some resources l, but not much. You need a specific, oldish version of Blender for the custom exporter to work.

megasaur

Post by megasaur » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:15 am

Thanks a lot for the information, Endoperez!

Oh right, I forgot to mention that GDC video is what made me properly interested in the first place!

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:21 am

If you have any specific questions for the devs, check the OG weekly thread and then the video chat, once it airs.

megasaur

Post by megasaur » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:13 pm

Thanks again, Endoperez!

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:25 am

Endoperez wrote:You need a specific, oldish version of Blender for the custom exporter to work.
Blender 2.55 is the version, supposedly. I cant export .anm files, but apparently that's the one to use if you want to.

I have only just started making animations for it, but it was pretty easy to pick up after I understood the main layout of it.

When you get the game go to Overgrowth/Data/Blend files/Rabbit_rig

edit:
I CAN NOW EXPORT .ANM'S!!!!!,

You will need to buy the game to go to the SPF and check out markuss' example man, it includes a blender download complete with .phbxn (I think that's what its called, though that was from memory) and .anm exports