Overgrowth Weekly

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
EPR89

Re: OGW Q&A with David Rosen

Post by EPR89 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:09 pm

rodeje25 wrote: just realised how cheap early access is. just buy early access games and wait for them to finish is a cheap way to get games
That's not a good way to look at it.
Early Access is not comparable to buying a game. Early Access is more like an investment. There is not much of a game at the start of an Earl Access campaign. And in most cases there is never a guarantee that the finished product will be like the playable versions or that there will actually be a finished product. In order to pay for an Early Access title you need to research the project a bit. You need to see if you can trust the team and whether you are willing to support them. It requires some foresight and the willingness to take responsibility for your decision.
Paying for an Early Access title is NOT like simply buying a game. And that's why paying for an Early Access title should never be an impulse decision. You need to be prepared to be disappointed because that's a real possibility here. There is so much that can still change about a project. So much that can go wrong. And often it's not even directly the developers fault. Some projects simply fail.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:19 am

EPR89 wrote:
rodeje25 wrote: just realised how cheap early access is. just buy early access games and wait for them to finish is a cheap way to get games
That's not a good way to look at it.
Early Access is not comparable to buying a game. Early Access is more like an investment. There is not much of a game at the start of an Earl Access campaign. And in most cases there is never a guarantee that the finished product will be like the playable versions or that there will actually be a finished product. In order to pay for an Early Access title you need to research the project a bit. You need to see if you can trust the team and whether you are willing to support them. It requires some foresight and the willingness to take responsibility for your decision.
Paying for an Early Access title is NOT like simply buying a game. And that's why paying for an Early Access title should never be an impulse decision. You need to be prepared to be disappointed because that's a real possibility here. There is so much that can still change about a project. So much that can go wrong. And often it's not even directly the developers fault. Some projects simply fail.
With overgrowth i didn't think of trusting the team i just was like BUY THE FRICKIN GAME because lugaru was so awesome.
I did have a dissapointment with godus though. I thought omg it's peter molyneux but he actually changed the whole game to thw community's taste wich ruined the game for me

akazi

Post by akazi » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:35 pm

How do you manage payment between both of you? Has their been any time where money wasn't looking good and so had to skip paying yourself?
Last edited by akazi on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:19 pm

akazi wrote:A question for both David and Aubrey. This might be a pretty personal question to answer in public but...
[+] spoiler
Have any of you searched for p0rnography images of Overgrowth before?
You can choose not to answer but be aware picking to skip already kinda answers the question. ;)
dude watta :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:47 pm

you brought the spam back to existance though shall receive shame for this you havt done to us

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:50 pm

why is there no banning system that if a certain amount of topics have been disaproved that the ip and bot (or user) gets banned
i made this in another topic and my question to david is if he will make a system like this to fight against the bots more effectively and to keep the forums spam-free

question 2.
can you use the spears wich have a sharpness map in blender to make a box (in blender) wich holds spear so if you put a raggdoll hotspot with it you will get pierced by the spears

erikylab

Post by erikylab » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:10 am

will you be changing anything with the dialogue system, into something like cinematic clips and voice actors to give more life into the characters? just a thought.
i havent really been hearing about that in a while

Dadeichu

Post by Dadeichu » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:10 pm

Will this game ever be free?
Why are AI glitching, as in, they don't even notice when my friend throws a knife, and the Ai instantly catches it and carry on?
Wider variety of cats?
Weapons meant for range? (shuriken, kunai, Grenade? o3o
I could go on.

GeometricJellyfish

Post by GeometricJellyfish » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:57 pm

For Q&A:
Will other forms of movement be added? Such as climbing, or hopping over walls (like a vault), but quietly? Or even movements, such as those in Sly Raccoon, wire walking or ledge walking? All these movements would probably involve attaching onto the environment in controlled QTE-like moments, or is there a way to create something similar without this happening. I often find in games I have to hit keys several times to break out of these movements.

Afra0732

Post by Afra0732 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:39 pm

Will we ever be seeing online features? If so, when would be an estimated date?

kibaoo

Post by kibaoo » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:28 am

Q&A

In the last Stream on January the 12th, you guys spoke about the Attachment-System. Which is very importent for making individual characters. The Question is, how much powerful will this feature be? Will it be possible for the user to attach different weaponspots on a character, like attaching multiple throwing daggers on its chest which can be used then? I guess this causes alot of problems in making dynamic animations or copying these spots over to the player character if he kills the "Knife thrower" and wants to loot the knifes, but maybe this feature provides the ability grouping up attachable elements like the knifes to the chestarmor, so the player just have to equip the armor and gets the weaponspots copied over to use by itself. You know some kind of grouping and layersystem like it is in object-oriented programming in between classes which can Inheritance abilities from other ones.
Of course there have to be a hotkey based selection for the weapontyps via hotkeys then, like it is in modern day shooter.

The Idea pushed to its ridiculous is making the player able to throw its equiped helmet to the opponent, because the helmet attached on its head counts as a weapon.

TL:DR get rid of the static weaponspots and make them dynamic attachable.

jukeboxer64

Post by jukeboxer64 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:39 pm

HEY dave how do i access the pre-order forum people tell me u need the cd code from steam i have and i have a wolfire account so i went into it but all that comes up is

''You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum'' can u help me it doesnt even ask for y cd code can you help me plz i really wanna get sumlauncher 3!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?:

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:11 am

jukeboxer64 wrote:HEY dave how do i access the pre-order forum people tell me u need the cd code from steam i have and i have a wolfire account so i went into it but all that comes up is

''You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum'' can u help me it doesnt even ask for y cd code can you help me plz i really wanna get sumlauncher 3!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?:
Have you tried this thread?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16422

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:52 am

Endoperez wrote:
jukeboxer64 wrote:HEY dave how do i access the pre-order forum people tell me u need the cd code from steam i have and i have a wolfire account so i went into it but all that comes up is

Have you tried this thread?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16422
do you know his name is david?

Afra0732

Post by Afra0732 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:19 pm

Will we ever see some sort of Assassin's Creed - Batman Arkham style fighting, with counter attacks, killmoves, criticals, and kill-streaks? Because at the moment, combat is quite hard, especially if you're up against someone who has a weapon and you don't. Double kills, drop kills and other killmoves like that would be amazing if they were implemented into Overgrowth.