randomness

Anything else
Thomason1005

Re: randomness

Post by Thomason1005 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:06 pm

Endoperez wrote:
1: UE4 is free. That means Hatred mods and a good 3D platform for indies.
Unity is also free, and since its release there has been a good 3D platform for indies. UE does have some advantages, so there might now be a better platform for indies, but please don't diss Unity. It's good, I like it. :)
+1
plus with unity 5 all pro feature are in the free version including post processing and all pbs features
i just installed the latest versions of cryengine, unity and unreal engine, but im back at using unity as it is the fastest of all engines. see cryengine and unreal have so much things going on in background that even an empty scene is laggy on weaker hardware.
plus the c# script compiling in the background that you have in unity is the best. maybe im just too used to it

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:10 pm

Thomason1005 wrote:
Endoperez wrote:
1: UE4 is free. That means Hatred mods and a good 3D platform for indies.
Unity is also free, and since its release there has been a good 3D platform for indies. UE does have some advantages, so there might now be a better platform for indies, but please don't diss Unity. It's good, I like it. :)
+1
plus with unity 5 all pro feature are in the free version including post processing and all pbs features
i just installed the latest versions of cryengine, unity and unreal engine, but im back at using unity as it is the fastest of all engines. see cryengine and unreal have so much things going on in background that even an empty scene is laggy on weaker hardware.
plus the c# script compiling in the background that you have in unity is the best. maybe im just too used to it
edit:plus i think its still the cheapest, epic wants 5% of all income, crengine is ~10$/month, unity is free until you have 100k in revenue, then its 75$/month

the only old pro feature that isnt in unity 5 free now is the splash screen :(

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:05 pm

Thomason1005 wrote:edit:plus i think its still the cheapest, epic wants 5% of all income, crengine is ~10$/month, unity is free until you have 100k in revenue, then its 75$/month

the only old pro feature that isnt in unity 5 free now is the splash screen :(
Splash screen and a darker grey interface color! :D

Unity 5 doesn't give source code access (for free). Unreal 4 gives that for free. That's... amazing. Only for experienced programmers, obviously, like in big companies! :D

Epic only takes 5% if you earn more than 3000$ per quarter from that product. So if you get, say, 30.000$ on one game in a given year, you pay about 900$ for it. Now, it CAN get expensive, but you can also negotiate a different price if you want to.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:12 pm

who liked that splash screen of unity anyway? i mean in the free version they already blocked some cool features.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:17 pm

rodeje25 wrote:who liked that splash screen of unity anyway? i mean in the free version they already blocked some cool features.
Exactly! Now, you have to pay to get rid of the splash screen! :D

The free version does have all the features old Unity Pro had, and some of those are really useful. Profiler for optimization is huge, and some of those dynamic light things and paint-to-texture functions are needed for some specific visual tricks that couldn't really be duplicated on the free version previously.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:51 pm

wait i completely misunderstood things here..... too bad the unity splash screen is still here but awesome to know that we get old unity 5 pro features

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:24 am

Endoperez wrote:
The second thing out of this man's mouth is a "get back to the kitchen and make me food" joke. Really?!
Hand over your Patriarchy card and cover your mangina please.
On your point however, it's a joke. Get over yourself.

He "wins" the argument by ridicule, insults and misrepresenting the other person's arguments.
1: "Arguments"
2: I'm pretty sure she destroyed herself. "Gaming buttholes".
You fucking wot m8?
The insults and ridicule are unnecessary and rude, but whatever.
The answer to this is, as expected, fuck off Endo. It's the internet.
The misrepresentation in this case is so bad he's basically lying, and that discredits the video and also this whole person's credibility in my eyes.
What? He doesn't misrepresent anything. Half of the arguments are backed up with on-screen information, the other half aren't arguments and instead sarcastic remarks. There isn't anything to "argue" about anyways.
The woman he's arguing against said Anita did lots of great work in 2014, such as traveling and talks and speeches.
Them low standards, considering those talks were summarized with "LISTEN AND BELIEVE" and those speeches were summarized with "GAMERGATE IS EEEEEVIIIIIIIIILL"
That was hyperbole and sarcasm.

He turned it into two separate arguments, and tackles each in turn:
Divide and Conquer.
that Anita did lots of great work ("see, no videos, so clearly no work") and that she gave talks ("but she canceled this one even though the bomb threat wasn't dangerous enough!").
Seems like a valid point to me, even then those videos aren't achievements in any sense.
Also, just after showing screenshots and directly quoting a point-by-point list from a Kotaku article which says "As little as Sarkeesian mentioned her critics, I sensed that a lot of the start of her talk was designed to address their criticisms", what does this guy do? Says that Anita never addresses any criticism directed at her.
Were any of those criticisms "You do know you're talking out of your flabby ass right? And that your points are completely bullshit at worst and pedantic at best?"? No? Did she answer any of the valid criticism thrown at her across the web? No?
Did she fuck off after we told her that we don't care? No?
Should she have? Yes.
"Anita has no credibility. She is a con artist who has taken people's money and has not finished her video series, and there's literally no way in hell she's ever going to given that she's announced a new video series. Given that Anita has never addressed any of the criticism leveled against her, i can only presume that her intent is to take people's money."
Seems like a valid point on my end. But I'm white. I'll go shoot myself now, as Tumblr has so graciously instructed me to.
Also, what about that new video series? It is a direct response to some of the criticism leveled at her! There's actually two of them: one miniseries shows positive examples of women in games,
Sounds like a montage, that video already exists. By PressFartToContinue no less.
the other, a series, talks about representations of men and masculinity in video games.
http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/26/791706 ... new-series
Aaaaaaand?
Her critics have asked her, numerous times, why she hasn't talked about those two things. Well, now she is!
Jeez, a lot of critics on the internet have told her how wrong she is, she hasn't done shit about it. A lot of people have told her how retarded and pedantic her point is, she hasn't responded. And a lot of people asked why the fuck the video series they funded isn't done yet, and she hasn't responded.
You do realize she isn't by any means a starving artist like the poor bastards over at Destructive Creations or Subset right?
And doing it means she's a lying con-artist who doesn't do what she promised and doesn't listen to critique!
Lemme see bout that...
1: Hasn't finished the promised video series.
2: Made that bullshit series.
3: Played the victim and watched the manginas form before her very eyes.
4: Image
5: Profited from all of the above.

Jeez.
In between the numerous insults, he makes arguments that are disproven by the things he mentions in this very same video. He is either ignorant, or being intentionally deceptive.
Then how about you give me a source on that.

I mean,he claimed that some quip about how to animate women was about Brianna Wu? It's obvious it's aimed at Ubi-"Women are too hard to animate"-soft.
I think you missed the point.
But I guess the answer to that "Ubisoft thinks women are too hard to animate" would be:
Fuck off Kotaku, no one fucking cares, you ass.

For example, like he said, Anita has only relased a few Tropes vs Women videos in 2014. Yes, that is unfortunate. There are reasons for that! They're doing more work, in part because of the criticism directed at them.
No they haven't. They've been too busy jerking off to the insane amount of money they're making, and writing retarded shit then putting it into a video. Then jerk off again.
You have to be the worst zealot I've ever heard.
"Instead of examining a handful of examples for each trope, we sift through hundreds of games across a variety of genres and platforms."

"Rather than small, casual analyses, each trope video has ended up feeling like we are trying to put together a master’s thesis in just a few months."
Then they're being horrifically slow. They aren't coming up with intelligent arguments, and they can't sift through many games every month. I would assume because neither of them are gamers, they're retards from outside the industry who came in because they are part of the far left (And that's from a liberal) and got their jimmies rustled when they saw the things going on in the video.
Or, more likely, she's a smart bitch who makes tons of money so she knows she can wait.

And instead of 10-12 minutes, the the videos she does are a lot longer! The Damsel in Distress, Ms. Male Character and Women as Background Decoration were over 200 minutes altogether. That's 16 short videos' worth, right there.
Guess what, there are people who do longer videos on actual games and gameplay. I've seen reviews that clock in at thirty minutes a pop, Arma 3 gameplay that clocks in at 2 hours, and YouTubers who record multiple series of videos at 20 minutes individually a pop and upload several videos once a day.

Christ I'm sleepy, I'm out.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:21 am

You divided my coherent points into single sentences and tackled each individually, throwing in insults at every turn and don't know what you're talking about. It's a pity. I used to think you never learn. I now see you learn, but selectively.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:26 am

That was the biggest pile of cancer I didn't even bother to read, since the first four "points" were all the same thing. He addresses sentence fragments that aren't even part of the argument
He turned it into two separate arguments, and tackles each in turn:
I don't read that sentence and think, "Oh this is part of his criticism," it's clearly setting up context for the next point. Who responds with this shit?
Divide and Conquer.
I don't know if I've mentioned it before but Phoenix is kind of an idiot

E: God, it's weird how much you can tell about a person just based on the way they talk. Phoenix is a young kid (obsessed with internet shit and shoehorning le epic maymays in every instance he can), probably with shit self confidence in real life (the classic "keyboard warrior," people who are really aggressive online when they don't have to face the social repercussions of acting like a moron), probably really poor with girls [possibly due to age] (literally every pro gamergater I've seen is, it's not even stereotyping at this point, but it's also the same behavior you get from "nice guys" who think feminism is to blame for their social ineptitude), ignorant of actual social struggles [possibly due to age] (yes, whoop dee doo, there are insane feminazis on Tumblr, that doesn't invalidate actual gender inequality in society), and generally the type of person who thinks quite highly of themselves without much reason to (again pretty common in the youngins, I'll go ahead and wager he's actually of above average intelligence, maybe in honors or a gifted program or something- the thing is, being of above average intelligence in comparison to other 13 year olds still makes you an idiot), which also lends the very irritating "I'm right and nobody will convince me otherwise" ignorant attitude.

If you're wondering how I can read you like a book, it's because everything about you is indeed that obvious. I'm not psychic or particularly insightful.

The good news: Most of Phoenix's idiocies will be resolved by the time he finishes puberty. You'll see the same things everyone else does when you look back on your posts in five years' time.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:If you're wondering how I can read you like a book, it's because everything about you is indeed that obvious. I'm not psychic or particularly insightful.
I think you got most of that wrong. Making so many guesses on so little available information will likely score a few hits, but at least a few points are likely to miss.

It's also not going to do anything but aggravate things further, so it might even be better to remove that part of your post straight out. It's your choice though.

Personally, I think writing tells just as much, and little, about the writer as clothes do about the person wearing them. They are a means of projecting a specific image, to present yourself as a specific character, to belong to certain groups and so on. There's a "professional" tone for when you're working, one tone for working with friends, another for telling a friend you're off work... And, of course, your impressions on just the tone of voice used in one specific instance could be totally wrong.

Any way, if you want to play that game, make some guesses on me – I'll tell you if you got any of that right.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:47 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote: Common response to Phoenix
Why are you still arguing with him?

Just... Why?

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:50 pm

^
srs m8
u lost this battle when u started

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:12 pm

Retarded Username wrote:
Ragdollmaster wrote: Common response to Phoenix
Why are you still arguing with him?

Just... Why?
Because no one has anything better to do. And it only takes like, thirty seconds to say some retarded shit then post it like someone cares, then laugh.
Quite honestly, it's the internet. Someone cannot be wrong on the internet, that cannot stand.
It's the sole reason I'm still here really.
Endoperez wrote:You divided my coherent points into single sentences and tackled each individually,
Did you ignore my method of arguing for the past few years or did you just forget all of a sudden?
It's how I argue things, it's a force of habit really. It generally works in my favor though, so I'm sticking with it because I take no time to proofread anything.
throwing in insults at every turn
So?
and don't know what you're talking about.
And you do? All you posted there was subjective shit, you ignored the part of my post where I said "No one cares, the entire argument is doing nothing but discredit yourself, fuck off Anita.", and there was nothing else to argue. The entire video was about making mention of Anita's achievements, and Sargon replying to it for the sake of it. There wasn't much to argue to begin with. You ignored the point I was trying to make entirely, and went straight for the semi-standard argument of zealotry.
Now, I give no fucks about my reputation (Since this is the internet after all), and my sanity is pretty damn strong (Thank god for horrific life experiences), nothing is going to change until you accept that your constant feminazi-ing isn't going to get you anywhere anytime soon and give it up. Since it took me a year to make any form of progress, I doubt you're going to stop, and I doubt local Social Justice Rogue Ragdoll will stop, this argument will continue until you fuck off back to Tumblr for eternity, and I can actually debate about relevant things.

Ragdollmaster wrote:That was the biggest pile of cancer I didn't even bother to read, since the first four "points" were all the same thing. He addresses sentence fragments that aren't even part of the argument
Remember the part where I said that there isn't any argument to be made above? That was the fucking point
I don't read that sentence and think, "Oh this is part of his criticism," it's clearly setting up context for the next point. Who responds with this shit?
What the fuck does this even mean?

I don't know if I've mentioned it before but Phoenix is kind of an idiot
So are you, if you're here still.
But zealotry is always your strong suit, so...
On your point however... and? You're dividing my nonexistent arguments (Like I said, there is nothing to argue about. I mentioned the video because I said "Sargon is right, Anita should relinquish artistic control and let developers DO THEIR THING")

E: God, it's weird how much you can tell about a person just based on the way they talk.
You're right. You're a zealous far-left retard who doesn't feel like arguing and instead likes fighting so called "idiocy" with righteous fury, and likes trolling gullible fucks like me. You have contributed nothing to the conversation, you're doing nothing but being a shitlord right over there.
Phoenix is a young kid (obsessed with internet shit and shoehorning le epic maymays in every instance he can),
Stop describing yourself, you're not helping your own cause.

probably with shit self confidence in real life (the classic "keyboard warrior," people who are really aggressive online when they don't have to face the social repercussions of acting like a moron),
1: You have no idea what keyboard warriors are, at all.
2: Stop describing yourself.
3: You're wrong. I have nothing BUT self confidence IRL because I'm one of those idiots who doesn't care how bad shit gets unless something physically kills me, I'll bounce back. I went through a shitty period of my life that taught me that, mind over matter n shit. Unless I encounter some retard like you IRL (Who seems liable to shoot someone dead because of some petty shit), I'm sure that nothing will possibly hurt me for being a moron.
4: "Social repercussions"? You really think I give a fuck?
5: You're in no position to talk. If you acted like this IRL (Pseudo-psychiatrist, asshole, idiot, popping up where no one wants you to be), you'd probably have no friends and committed suicide by now. If you act like this IRL and aren't looked down on by everyone, I'm surprised, you're probably a better individual then I thought.
However, I'm not too stupid, you're probably acting worse online, because reasons.
probably really poor with girls [possibly due to age]
1: Read above, I don't care.
2: That sounds vaguely homophobic, check your privilege.
3: This comment inspired me to find this song again, felt relevant.

And I'm not doing this just to prove you wrong, IRL I'm a moderately edgy, antisocial, loner who was at once risk of suicide and doesn't give a fuck what other people think.
I already know what's gonna come next however, so I regret saying something. Spilling my guts never got me anywhere anyhow.

(literally every pro gamergater I've seen is, it's not even stereotyping at this point, but it's also the same behavior you get from "nice guys" who think feminism is to blame for their social ineptitude),
Well that's not a generalization at all. And certainly not one that probably hurts the feelings of GGers that may not have found someone who gives two shits about one.
That was sarcasm you idiot. Lay off the keyboard.
ignorant of actual social struggles [possibly due to age]
Patriarchy?

(yes, whoop dee doo, there are insane feminazis on Tumblr, that doesn't invalidate actual gender inequality in society),
Patriarchy. Definitely patriarchy.
and generally the type of person who thinks quite highly of themselves without much reason to
Describing yourself again Ragdoll? You want me to pat you on the back while you cry for hours about how your uncle touched you (While I giggle to top it all off).
In seriousness though, I'm pretty humble. I don't think too high of myself (Quite the opposite), and I'm not saying that just to prove you wrong. Again, I'm being honest here.
(again pretty common in the youngins, I'll go ahead and wager he's actually of above average intelligence, maybe in honors or a gifted program or something-
the thing is, being of above average intelligence in comparison to other 13 year olds still makes you an idiot),
Second jokes on you, there are 13 year olds far smarter then you. You can't really do shit about that. Your point only carries you so far.
which also lends the very irritating "I'm right and nobody will convince me otherwise" ignorant attitude.
Seriously man, you're describing Endo, yourself, and half the idiots on this very same forum, that point doesn't apply to me at all (I changed my opinion on Zoe Quinn after he blog post that discredited my thoughts, and haven't bothered the issue since), as I've proven.
You're not helping yourself here.
If you're wondering how I can read you like a book, it's because everything about you is indeed that obvious.
Considering I just proved you wrong (With all honesty, as I'm trying to say), it's clearly you're looking for ammo to bludgeon me to death with.
Will you fuck off now? I had a horrible day and I don't want to put up with-
I'm not psychic or particularly insightful.

The good news: Most of Phoenix's idiocies will be resolved by the time he finishes puberty. You'll see the same things everyone else does when you look back on your posts in five years' time.
Jeez, considering your idiocies aren't resolved yet. You're either 9, or wrong, or both.
Korban3 wrote:^
srs m8
u lost this battle when u started
You, fuck off. I'm not in the mood right now.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:54 pm

So I just recently finished watching (part) of Guilty Crown. The show was great up to about episode 11 or 12 where the entire series just went to hell. The show starts off with a decent premise about a group fighting against the government and the main character stuck in the middle. The show falls apart about half way through and it feels like the writers ran out of idea too early and tried to reinvent the series. It basically goes from guerrilla underground fighting with sci-fi magical bullshit powers to dictator-despotism in a high school setting with the nonsense of an episode of Lost. The music was great though.

Interestingly enough the band EGOIST was created to write music for the made up group in the show of the same name. But they've taken off and are actually producing music outside of the show. If you can't tell, I've found the music more interesting than the show itself.

Their music is a bit of a hit or miss with me, but overall I like their sound.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:44 am

Hiding the annoying stuff so innocents won't have to suffer it.
[+] subjective shit
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Because no one has anything better to do. And it only takes like, thirty seconds to say some retarded shit then post it like someone cares, then laugh.
Quite honestly, it's the internet. Someone cannot be wrong on the internet, that cannot stand.
It's the sole reason I'm still here really.
Haha, the good ol' XKCD. I know the feeling.

For me, it's more like 30 minutes though. I mean, my reply to that video? I looked the video itself, rewatched it and took notes, checked FemFreq homepage, kickstarter page, yearly report, the Kotaku article he mentioned and quoted from, etc. And then writing it.
and don't know what you're talking about.
And you do? All you posted there was subjective shit, you ignored the part of my post where I said "No one cares, the entire argument is doing nothing but discredit yourself, fuck off Anita.", and there was nothing else to argue. The entire video was about making mention of Anita's achievements, and Sargon replying to it for the sake of it. There wasn't much to argue to begin with. You ignored the point I was trying to make entirely, and went straight for the semi-standard argument of zealotry.
Whoa there...

I posted two sources to support my claims. I linked to Tropes vs Women Kickstarter page, and to the Kotaku article. I argued for the following things objectively, that is, the following things are not subjective:

1) that the guy's claims contradicted what he showed in the video (i.e. I showed that Anita does listen to criticism)
2) I described this guy's way of arguing (he first said this, and then said this other contradictory thing, which I quote).
3) discussed the point he makes re: Anita not doing many videos by quoting the Kickstarter update

You know why I ignored
"No one cares, the entire argument is doing nothing but discredit yourself, fuck off Anita."
Becuse it is subjective, and I know we won't get anywhere there.
Since it took me a year to make any form of progress
What do you count as a starting date? I kinda think it was last August, when you first told me about the Five Guys things which turned into the Quinnspiracy thing which turned into GamerGate.
I'm happy you introduced it to me so early, even though the whole thing sucks, because after I started following the happenings in Twitter I came into contact with various feminists in and around game dev.
which also lends the very irritating "I'm right and nobody will convince me otherwise" ignorant attitude.
Seriously man, you're describing Endo, yourself
You know, I wasn't a feminist until, oh, about two years ago or so. I was convinced otherwise. I'm not a feminist because "I'm right", or even "she's right", but because I agree with the way feminist theory explains certain real-world phenomena and I agree with its goals.