What was the first thing you noticed about Lugaru...

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

What was the first thing you noticed about Lugaru...

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:05 am

...that really got you hooked/made you want to buy the game?
I don't know if I've asked this before (I've asked something like it...), but I couldn't find a thread asking this question so....

Amazingly (as I think I've said before...) this is the only shareware game I've owned that I bought within the first day of playing it...I finished the demo and then immediately went and bought the game... :lol:
What attracted me to the game (beside the rabbit-fu martial arts...) was the simplicity of the controls and the amount of different features packed into the engine. There were so many different things you could do that it was fun just running around trying to figure them out (I still haven't been able to do a jumping throat-cut...)...but what really pushed me over the edge and made me buy it was that it made me laugh. Yes, this game made me laugh...You know how any rabbit (Including Turner...) will make that chirping noise when they go flying through the air and die? Well, the first time I heard that noise, it was during an auto slow-mo event (I had just been brutally clubbed by a bo-staff...) and I heard this weird laughing noise...it sounded like some maniacal laughing mixed with the laughter of a person smoking weed (Imagine this weird, "Oh ho ho ho ho..." noise...)...Needless to say...I immediately went and died purposely 5 more times because it just kept cracking me up...I think I scared my roommate. :oops:
So what's your reasons/story? :wink:

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:22 am

L1-was-a-Good-story.
If-you-lost-a-fight-it-was-not-becase-you-were-too-low-of-level.
and-it-is-a-game-for-people-with-skill.
Games-like-EQ-and-WOW-are-for-people-who-have-no-capabilaty-of-Being-good.

L1-was-Twist-and-turny.
Being-in-Indepth-control-with-only-a-few-buttons-was-Amazing!
I-adore-that-game-Like-a-devoted-Preist.
how-ever...
I-like-Blackshades-better.

Then-again...
Everything-that-David-has-Programed-i-think-is-Brill.
Not-that-I-met-the-guy.
But-what-i-have-seen-for-a-Programer-let-alone-one-of-an-Indapendant-Shareware-Company-Is-Brilliant.

I-think-David-has-made-THE-Perfect-game-Engine

Sage

Post by Sage » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:42 am

THe first thing I noticed about the game was that everybody were rabbits.

The first thing I saw that made me wanna buy this... well... it's a LOT different from every fighting game I've ever played. All the other fighting games like Mortal Kombat and stuff like that, you had to memorize stupid button combinations... and all of them were rediculously long or something like that.

In this... not only is it for the computer, but it has a better fighting system. It's simple and there aren't nearly as many moves you can do, but it's simple. You can use the environment to your advantage many times (In fact, when I was playing the demo, the last rabbit on the last level made me mad because he was faster than the others etc. He Chuck-Norris'd me into that tree next to his pillar and knocked me out. Arhg)

So... it's a fighting game where button mashing = death. (there was a game where I just pushed the same button combo (and it was short) over and over and the enemy couldn't retaliate no matter how hard they tried as long as I did that combo... cheap)

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:50 am

Colicedus wrote:Games-like-EQ-and-WOW-are-for-people-who-have-no-capabilaty-of-Being-good.
Requesting permission from David to start a war; good reason.

Sage

Post by Sage » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:29 am

OMG OPINIONATED !1@!#!#!

champrjk

eh

Post by champrjk » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:49 pm

The first thing i really noticed was all the blood and gore.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:41 pm

The first thing I noticed was how weird and different the game felt in comparison to other games. That's really what drew me in. Just controllin Turner, an anthropomorphic rabbit, and making him just gave the game a surreal atmosphere. That's what made me fall in love with it.

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:48 pm

What hooked me onto this game was that Lightnings Shadow and Black Shades were the sh**, and I was hoping that Lugaru would be freeware. :(

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:51 pm

Crill3 wrote:
Colicedus wrote:Games-like-EQ-and-WOW-are-for-people-who-have-no-capabilaty-of-Being-good.
Requesting permission from David to start a war; good reason.
On-those-Final-Bosses-on-MOST-of-the-MMORPGs
a-lot-of-my-mates-and-I-Usaly-Set-things-into-Auto-attack-and-go-and-Raid-the-Fridge.

There-Tedius...
PvP-on-Final-Lvls-may-be-Fun...
But-you-are-just-Taping-Buttons-to-Stab-some-one-and-Leting-fate-take-care-of-everything.

Diablo-Multiplayer...
I-lost-5-mice-and-Quit.
Its-Just-mashing-the-mouse-and-you-attack-once.
Maby-the-ocasonal-Spell-and-Tap-of-the-Key-pad-to-Rejuvanate.

Sorry-if-nobdy-agrees-with-my-Thoughts.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:03 am

Colicedus wrote:On-those-Final-Bosses-on-MOST-of-the-MMORPGs…
How can a MMORPG have a final boss??? :shock:

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:28 am

Colicedus wrote:Diablo-Multiplayer...
I-lost-5-mice-and-Quit.
Its-Just-mashing-the-mouse-and-you-attack-once.
Maby-the-ocasonal-Spell-and-Tap-of-the-Key-pad-to-Rejuvanate.
Uh...actually, you can just hold down the mouse button... :P (and no, I don't care if I'm right or wrong...but when I played about a year ago, I remembered being able hold down the mouse-buttons and have them do repeated actions...)
Anyway...back to the original topic...

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:34 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:
Final-boss-are-the-ones-the-High-levils-Kill-Constantly.
I-said-Boss-not-bos. :wink:

Any-way...

all-i-am-saying-MMORPGs-employ-the-aspect-that-Playing-there-game-makes-you-a-winner.
Not-the-fact-you-have-skill.

Its-like:

Run-up-to-the-Mob

Press-auto-attack

Press-a-few-aditonal-buttons-to-weaken-the-mob

Loot-him...Brag-to-you-re-guild-you-have-now-got-a-New-Item-that-Adds-Agilaty+54.
Put-them-on-and-Kill-the-Next-Mob.

Insert-actual-skill-here :arrow:

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:22 am

Colicedus wrote:
BunnyWithStick wrote:
Final-boss-are-the-ones-the-High-levils-Kill-Constantly.
I-said-Boss-not-bos. :wink:
huh? Nobody said bos, and that isn't even a word! What the hell, I don't think I'm getting any of your humor shtuff, dude.

Shtuff.

Much like my enthusiasm for the joy of ripping clothing, the ragdolls are the first thing I noticed about Lugaru. There is not another game where you're kicking people across the floor and they actually stand back up again hit you back, I was constantly getting hit when I first played and it was really fun rather than frustrating. I love the ragdoll physics, it makes these games like 10 times more fun. Oh, and the blood was also hella cool. I'd constantly try to trip over that high tower on level one and hit the pavement below to get a face bleed. And how you can stab bodies anywhere on the ground and they get a blood piercing where the blood actually bleeds downward. And, yeah you bleed out of your mouth, you bleed out of your mouth, how cool is that to watch? Very.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:16 pm

I think he thinks that "boss" is the plural of "bos". It's kind of embarassing.

Also, Colicedus was saying that games like that where you don't really have much to do with the fighting like Diablo are tedious. Knights Of The Old Republic is a game where you just choose the attack, and it is carried out for you, but it is probably the greatest game I have ever played next to Half Life 2, so what you said is very shortsighted and ignorant.

Some games are good because they require you to be intelligent to win the game. This is how Knights Of The Old Republic was, because it didn't have to do with how you could time your attacks or how quickly you could string combos together or anything like that. It had to do with how you were able to develop your characters and transform them into effecient combatants. It also had other elements that involved how skilled you were at interacting with NPCs and stuff. It was a game pretty much based on needing intelligence to succeed.

Although, if you want to play games where you have not much need of intelligence, be my guest.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:34 pm

Please try not to be so insulting and condescending in your responses... it is not called for at all.