randomness

Anything else
Endoperez

Re: randomness

Post by Endoperez » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:46 pm

Oh, right, annoyance spoilers. I'll add some more light-hearted content if I can come up with something.
[+] Annoyance spoilers
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
I want that in the future games make even more people happy to play them.
Aaaaand you fell short. You were THAT close. I oppose bullshit forced diversity "Since because pickles". Forcing games to change so that everyone can not have their feelz hurt.
I oppose bullshit forced non-diversity where games are not allowed to change because "gamers" would get their feelz hurt. "Mommy, he said I'm dead!"
This better be a joke.

"Breaking the mold" is not "it needs to fit into the one, small mold right here". That's kinda Twitter feminists' thing, going crazy for new things they haven't seen before. The more stereotypes it breaks, the more enthusiastic the reaction seems to be.

Feminists and geek women I've seen are going crazy about a bodybuilder with pink hair, about a lesbian space rock square afro boxer warrior mom, sometimes they're going crazy about a muslim superhero Ms Marvel, or Batgirl, or short shape-shifting punks. "We're bored of the thin lithe half-naked pretty and cute girls, give us something different" isn't "fit it all into this mold".
Most people on KiA are olden gamers, or better yet actual gamers. With that, I'd draw the conclusion that at least a significant portion of GG is definitely old enough.
It's not the age. GG is not representative of the whole, just like Occupy Wall Street people are not a whole nation. Those who have time for activism are a selected group, those who decide on video game activism is an even more selected group, etc. There's also the few weird non-Gamer gamergaters, like Milo and Sommers, the whole Breitbart site, Baldwin etc.
bitching about games like Gods Will Be Watching or Hatred falling into the hands of children is stupid
Yes, that is stupid. We already have rating systems and the only thing we might need to add to that is actually tell parents to use it. Who has been saying they should be banned because children might play them?
Ah, here we go, proof that all feminists and SJW are awful:
Last edited by Endoperez on Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:00 pm

Light-hearted content? This is a job for... superheroes!
[+] comic book supers

Sagan Man!
Also this guy.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:39 pm

I never really got into that comic. The jokes were a bit stretched, and the plot advances a bit too slowly, and the good ideas weren't quite enough to overcome the faults.

Is that Dark Souls 1, or 2, or something else? I'm about to get to an area in 1 that might be that place, so I didn't dare watch it through. Cool video though, seemed well-made.

Here's a whole collection of super-men!

And hey, there's heroines too. They do it better, or so they say.
Last edited by Endoperez on Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:56 pm

Oh, and here's an old clip from a show I watched ages ago. He's the shy librarian type, staying at the base, communicating and coordinating the others. And then some crooks come a-knocking.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:54 pm

Glabbit wrote:Phoenix.
No.
Glabbit.
Plz.
Stahp.

Stop spouting bullshit.
*Start.
Please. It is not how logical debates work.
It's how internet debates work!
You are not contributing to science.
:|
You are building a fort of fantasy and fallacy, using stubborn make-believe for mortar.
1: Citation needed.
2: You're not a poet.
3: So?
Your posts are riddled with examples of ad hominem,
No, not really. I've rarely attacked the person and not the argument (even if I joke about the argument, that's not ad hominem). If so, quote.
However, here's what you're trying to say:
"IM SO OFENDED11!!1!!!!1!!!!!!!"

post hoc,[/quote]
1: No, for the most part it's not.
2: That's called cause and effect, shit like that exists. You can't just overgeneralize all of those as post hoc, that's being downright disingenious.
and outright denial of fact.
You are running in circles and generally making a fool of yourself.
Not going to dignify this with a response.
Worse still, you are antagonising the exceedingly patient and reasonable Endoperez unduly, and that's just not cool.
Sorry if I'm fed up with idiocy recently, but people need to stop being idiots for once.
I oppose bullshit forced non-diversity
Stop. Right. There.
1: You're wrong. Totally wrong. In the most SJW way possible. GG isn't forcing non-diversity. We're fighting forced diversity and overly zealous political correctness. The difference is, we don't care who's a gamer or not. No one knows who you are. No one cares either. We let people who are gamers be gamers, not force them out or force them in.
We aren't sitting here going "Everyone who isn't a white male catholic of at least 18 years of age, get out.", we're going: "Come in if you like, but don't change anything".

2: #notyourfuckingshield

3: "Muh diversity"
where games are not allowed to change because "gamers" would get their feelz hurt.
Hah, you misunderstand most gamers don't you? They'd be more pissed if the game wasn't permitted to exist. Look at Hatred.
"Mommy, he said I'm dead!"
"Mommy there isn't enough diversity!"
"#Notyourshield dear!"
"Those are sockpuppet accounts created by the patriarchy!"

Or:

"Mommy they don't want games to change!"
"Why do you want to change games dear?"
"Muh agenda and diversity!"

or:

"Mommy mommy, gamer shitlords attacked me for trying to change games!"
"Then be nicer, then they'll like you."
"But then I can't change their gaaammeeees!"

or

"Mommy gamers attacked meh!"
"C'mere dear..."
"I'm still strong right?"
"Yes you are, now go make videos about the patriarchy"

"Breaking the mold" is not "it needs to fit into the one, small mold right here".
That would require you to break the mold, you want to CHANGE the mold to accommodate new shapes, then force those shapes in since because... pickles.
That's kinda Twitter feminists' thing, going crazy for new things they haven't seen before. The more stereotypes it breaks, the more enthusiastic the reaction seems to be.
Your point? I'm confused.

Feminists and geek women I've seen are going crazy about a bodybuilder with pink hair, about a lesbian space rock square afro boxer warrior mom, sometimes they're going crazy about a muslim superhero Ms Marvel, or Batgirl, or short shape-shifting punks. "We're bored of the thin lithe half-naked pretty and cute girls, give us something different" isn't "fit it all into this mold".
No, it's shift the mold to accommodate new shit, even if most of the shapes don't want to be in that mold (and the rest are fine with the mold as it is). Not to mention that's a biased group of people.

It's not the age.
No, my point was that GG isn't mostly children. So.. okay.
c.
Yes, that is stupid. We already have rating systems and the only thing we might need to add to that is actually tell parents to use it. Who has been saying they should be banned because children might play them?[/spoiler]
In GWBW's case, no one. One person (who also said the people on the Hotline Miami forum were the cause for all the world's problems, good for everyone this person still has internet access) got it stuck on the front page with an age lock. That was combined with an ass ton of moral faggotry.
Glorious days.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:43 am

[+] annoyance spoilers
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
I oppose bullshit forced non-diversity
Stop. Right. There.
1: You're wrong. Totally wrong. In the most SJW way possible. GG isn't forcing non-diversity. We're fighting forced diversity and overly zealous political correctness. The difference is, we don't care who's a gamer or not. No one knows who you are. No one cares either. We let people who are gamers be gamers, not force them out or force them in.
We aren't sitting here going "Everyone who isn't a white male catholic of at least 18 years of age, get out.", we're going: "Come in if you like, but don't change anything".

No, it's shift the mold to accommodate new shit, even if most of the shapes don't want to be in that mold (and the rest are fine with the mold as it is). Not to mention that's a biased group of people.
I meant diversity in game genres, mechanics and characters. I meant the way GG opposes any new game ideas as different.

Wasn't I clear enough?

Also, when I spoke of a mold, I was obviously talking about changing games, not people.

Do you oppose this, and do you think most gamers don't want it?
As for the gamers who are fine without it; that's just another way of saying they are neutral on it.

Also, wtf?
No, my point was that GG isn't mostly children. So.. okay.
You quoted a part of the sentence where I agreed GG is not children, and your point was that GG isn't mostly children? Huh.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:44 am

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

Stop poking the shit with a stick. None of his arguments even deserve responses.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:19 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

Stop poking the shit with a stick. None of his arguments even deserve responses.
You're still here, so that says volumes.
However, to actually say something:

Endoperez wrote:
I meant diversity in game genres, mechanics and characters. I meant the way GG opposes any new game ideas as different.
Where did you get that from?

Wasn't I clear enough?
No, given how "Diversity in players" in and "diversity in games" are pretty damn hard to tell apart unless you actual specify it.
Also, when I spoke of a mold, I was obviously talking about changing games, not people.
As was I.
Do you oppose this, and do you think most gamers don't want it?
To quote Sargon, somewhat:
"Don't add female characters to appease these fuckwits."

I hold that sentiment.

You quoted a part of the sentence where I agreed GG is not children, and your point was that GG isn't mostly children? Huh.
Then we're good on this then.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:30 am

"The fact that you're still here speaks volumes"
Now watch him post a dumb image macro in response.
Oh? Would you like to share some of those volumes? Would you like to enlighten us all with your deep insight? This the exact kind of empty statement you make over and over again. None of your arguments are worth addressing because they're not even arguments, they're empty-ended assertions that go halfway to saying something and then stop, supposedly with the implication that what you've said is sufficient to prove your viewpoint. You actually do the same thing with links where you'll post some stupid video and then a cryptic comment to go along with it because rather than gathering anything constructive from watching it, it's much easier for you to go, "Oh I found a thing that roughly aligns with my opinions, I'm going to post it so I can say something without having to think." Now you're hardly the only person to do this: it's very common among children and idiots alike. Just look at political comments on Facebook or YouTube. It doesn't help that in the process of saying nothing you try to come off as confidently dismissive, but ultimately you look like a twat because not only are you wrong, your responses are poorly structured, poorly articulated, and poorly supported. I've seen objectively better-constructed arguments defending the Nazi regime.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:25 am

I had written more, but then I realized half my argument was "no, this is what I said" and "no, this is what you said". When I have to tell you both what I've said, and what you've said, it's kinda pointless, you know? So, I guess that's it for now. Tata!
[+] That half
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
Wasn't I clear enough?
No, given how "Diversity in players" in and "diversity in games" are pretty damn hard to tell apart unless you actual specify it.
"I oppose bullshit forced non-diversity where games are not allowed to change"
It mentions games, it does not mention players. It was specific until you only quoted half of it.

-----
PhoenixWarrior141 wrote:
As was I.
Earlier, you said so:
PhoenixWarrior141 wrote:No, it's shift the mold to accommodate new shit, even if most of the shapes don't want to be in that mold (and the rest are fine with the mold as it is).
In this sentence, the things being molded are the active doers who "want" or "are fine with" things. Games are not sapient and have no wants or likes, so the sentence is not talking about games. If you meant otherwise, you failed in vocalizing it.
Ragdollmaster wrote:"The fact that you're still here speaks volumes"
Now watch him post a dumb image macro in response.
Oh? Would you like to share some of those volumes? Would you like to enlighten us all with your deep insight?
That's a bad argument. He didn't mean it literally; he meant that your not ignoring us arguing explains why I don't ignore him.

I know you're annoyed, but that's not a good argument. A much better one would be this: if Phoenix knows he's being annoying, why doesn't he either try to stop annoying people, or at the very least try to minimize the annoyance he causes.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:54 pm

Heh.

Birds of Prey. Excellent scene.

Endo, whilst I agree that the GrrlPower comic is not too far above mediocre, I must object to the notion that the plot is slow. It's a page-a-week format, so I can understand it can seem to progress excessively slowly when you're following it per release, but overall, looking back at the pages that have already been released, I'd say the progression is rather well-paced.

And the Skeleton Man accompanying scenes are indeed from Dark Souls 1, though you don't have to worry about spoilers in this one. Nothing shown in the video really spoils the things you'll encounter. You might recognise shapes and textures of the wall during your playthrough, at worst.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:14 pm

So you know when you go to the store you have to go look at all the cool breakable toys with loseable parts? I decided screw it and bought another NERF gun.

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:22 pm

Interesting video that gave me a bit of perspective on internet things, particularly arguments.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:33 am

Glabbit wrote: Endo, whilst I agree that the GrrlPower comic is not too far above mediocre, I must object to the notion that the plot is slow. It's a page-a-week format, so I can understand it can seem to progress excessively slowly when you're following it per release, but overall, looking back at the pages that have already been released, I'd say the progression is rather well-paced.
The big fight against that weird group took SO LONG. But yeah, I know webcomics can take ages. GirlGenius characters once spent years of real world time going into a castle, hijinks happening, and getting out. A few days, comic time, at most. Maybe it was 1 day! So yeah...

I'd be more forgiving if I wasn't already swamped by several webcomics.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:42 am

Jimmy Jazz wrote:Interesting video that gave me a bit of perspective on internet things, particularly arguments.
This is fantastic, even though it proves I have a sick mind. :D

Thanks for linking it.