Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
grindgrain

Re: fan music\ost

Post by grindgrain » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:32 am

The shrine theme
https://soundcloud.com/grindgrain/the-shrine

download link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwxhssiucor5o ... e.mp3?dl=0

Dropbox is not letting me to play it for some reason, if you'll be able to play it from the dropbox link, please send me a message.

kibaoo

Post by kibaoo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:09 pm

Are you serious? its shit! The melody(played on a steel string with a stick?) is most annyoing, get rid of it! It doesn't even fit with the theme of overgrowth, its too much middle aged european and btw sounds like a noob, who's lack of theory kicks in while composing a melody for the first time.

Stick to the ambient sound, and try to build a climax of it, near the end.
btw maybe then it will sound like this one track from ex machina in the end, which is a blast viewing that particular scene underlined by https://youtu.be/CAY1vIi8TFw in the cinema

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:28 am

Kibaoo, be a bit more constructive in your word choice, saying something someone made is shit isn't going to help anyone.

I quite like it, it reminds me of some stuff the artist "Operator Operator" on Soundcloud whom I've been listening a lot to. I'm impressed by how good your music is considering for how short of a time you've been composing.

kibaoo

Post by kibaoo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:16 am

the melody doesn't fit at all, i'm just honest. =P

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:49 am

Honesty is good, but try using friendlier or more neutral words when expressing your feedback, otherwise you run the risk of insulting, demotivating and aggravating the other person. Instead of expressing your opinion as if it is an objective statement, include yourself in the statement. So instead of "this is bad" (stated as fact) you can say "I don't like it" (stated as opinion).

You do have some good useful feedback in there too, but try to keep it friendlier and we'll all have a more pleasant time here. :)

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:31 am

I kinda want to hear Kibaoo try to make a song now... You know, to clearly show us how it is done XD

Also, Kibaoo, don't take that as an offence, just a joke (unless you do actually want to make some Og songs...)
I'm sick of forum fights for nothing XD

Anyway, as Silverfish said...well, ish? What your saying is opinion, not fact... (Or, fact in your mind, opinion in others?) clearly, not everyone has the same opinion, which is why some people want to use the music for their game, and others are avoiding it.

I think quite a lot of the songs actually do fit Og's theme Anyway, if put into perspective

kibaoo

Post by kibaoo » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:12 am

People who use XD instead of xD, i usally can't take them seriously.

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:28 am

kibaoo wrote:People who use XD instead of xD, i usally can't take them seriously.
Yeah, shift key use is often linked to personality disorders.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:10 pm

Ok, cool, good to know...

you could make a topic called "XD, or xD... Which is correct?"
then put a poll on it to see who you should avoid on the forums...

now could we keep this topic... Well, as its correct topic?