I started a channel

Anything else
rodeje25

I started a channel

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:49 pm

So yeah i started a youtube channel wich will be dedicated to Warthunder!
i uploaded my first vid already and made a Profile Pic. check it out if you want!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7om2f ... KquWhU0D5A

EPR89

Re: I started a channel

Post by EPR89 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:26 pm

Charming title. :D

There were a few cracks in the audio. No idea if that was in the game, but it sounded sort of like someone hitting a microphone. Minor distraction.

It was interesting. I could see a channel like this getting attention from a sort of audience like the one watching Dslyecxi, although this game is probably way to arcade-y for them.

Try to find an angle that makes you stand out from random Let's Players. Your comment style already is something that not everyone has.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:44 pm

Just a comment, so don't take it to heart. Some may be turned off that you don't have any vocal commentary. Have you considered it?

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:48 pm

EPR89 wrote:Charming title. :D
EPR89 wrote: There were a few cracks in the audio. No idea if that was in the game, but it sounded sort of like someone hitting a microphone. Minor distraction.
that was the game. I only get it on maps with snow so i think it tries to replicate the sound of snow touching the ground but it fails horribly in doing so :p
EPR89 wrote: It was interesting. I could see a channel like this getting attention from a sort of audience like the one watching Dslyecxi, although this game is probably way to arcade-y for them.
There is a realistic and even simulator mode in this game but both of them take very long and you have to play very carefull (as too high G forces can rip of your wing or your pilot becomes unconcious) so i don't really like those modes.
EPR89 wrote: Try to find an angle that makes you stand out from random Let's Players. Your comment style already is something that not everyone has.
will do! and thanks for the feedback :D

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:49 pm

underthedeep wrote:Just a comment, so don't take it to heart. Some may be turned off that you don't have any vocal commentary. Have you considered it?
In the future maybe because there is a lot of backrounds noise in my room (birds) and my dad has the only microphone but he uses it a lot.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:54 pm

Well if you are getting serious about it in the future, I can recommend a decent standalone mic that isn't connected to a headset.

Lately for VO work I have been using the Snowball from Blue: http://www.bluemic.com/snowball/

It's not too expensive, and is a solid unit. Usually runs at like $49.99 USD, and can often be found on sale.

I was using a Blue Yeti before, but that thing picked up what seemed like every sound ever. I may have just been setting it up wrong, but damn was it sensitive.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:54 pm

underthedeep wrote:Well if you are getting serious about it in the future, I can recommend a decent standalone mic that isn't connected to a headset.

Lately for VO work I have been using the Snowball from Blue: http://www.bluemic.com/snowball/

It's not too expensive, and is a solid unit. Usually runs at like $49.99 USD, and can often be found on sale.

I was using a Blue Yeti before, but that thing picked up what seemed like every sound ever. I may have just been setting it up wrong, but damn was it sensitive.
Thanks!
I will think about it when i want to get serious about it :P

Btw my commentary style is like danny2462. He has a youtube channel with funny vids about glitches mostly in ksp.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:44 pm

Arcade mode in Warthunder is hilarious. You're not actually flying the plane, you just point the mouse where you want the AI to fly you and fire your guns when someone on the other team gets into range. Hell, the game won't even let you fly upside down unless you turn off the "Instructor AI" that's keeping your plane together when you're doing -12G loops and turns. Don't get me wrong, I like Arcade mode, you can just jump in, fly around and pretend that you're actually being a bad ass shooting down all them enemy planes. Just be careful of all the kamikaze pilots trying to ram you cause they can't figure out how to aim.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:02 am

Grayswandir wrote:Arcade mode in Warthunder is hilarious. You're not actually flying the plane, you just point the mouse where you want the AI to fly you and fire your guns when someone on the other team gets into range. Hell, the game won't even let you fly upside down unless you turn off the "Instructor AI" that's keeping your plane together when you're doing -12G loops and turns. Don't get me wrong, I like Arcade mode, you can just jump in, fly around and pretend that you're actually being a bad ass shooting down all them enemy planes. Just be careful of all the kamikaze pilots trying to ram you cause they can't figure out how to aim.
Oh i have played realistic battles and i think i just need to practice some more in arcade (you have to admit that that hammerhead i pulled on that other spitfire was awesome tho). And it's nice that you don't have to care about G-forces or your speed and ammo. I will eventually play realistic but for now i stick with arcade.

kibaoo

Post by kibaoo » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:44 am

i made a cool video too, took me 3 hours.
https://youtu.be/Elw2r_RsJ8E