randomness

Anything else
rodeje25

Re: randomness

Post by rodeje25 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:04 pm

i'm making a water simulation in blender and i use blender in steam now.
i'll post a vid when it's done (i made it ver high quality so it's gonna take a while.

wake

Post by wake » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:50 am

flabbergasted by the techniques presented by the Overgrowth author in this talk: https://www.reddit.com/r/GraphicsProgra ... animation/

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:56 pm

David isn't an author (as far as I know)

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:04 am

http://youtu.be/0kKeOLqPJ5w

It's finally done!

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:17 am

That water looks great.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:58 am

daxtart wrote:That water looks great.
thanks!

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:04 am

Welcome to pretty much WW3! IS came with 4000+ men together with the refugees into europe and that stuff in paris was them just ringing the doorbell wich caused all of europe, american and russia to declare war against IS. the entire world is against them even al qaida!

really i'm starting to get kinda scared. i even leave my guns loaded even tough i live in the middle of nowhere

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:29 am

rodeje25 wrote:Welcome to pretty much WW3! IS came with 4000+ men together with the refugees into europe and that stuff in paris was them just ringing the doorbell wich caused all of europe, american and russia to declare war against IS. the entire world is against them even al qaida!
That was terrible. I really hope this doesn't escalate but I really doubt that it won't.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:35 pm

daxtart wrote:
rodeje25 wrote:Welcome to pretty much WW3! IS came with 4000+ men together with the refugees into europe and that stuff in paris was them just ringing the doorbell wich caused all of europe, american and russia to declare war against IS. the entire world is against them even al qaida!
That was terrible. I really hope this doesn't escalate but I really doubt that it won't.
i hope so to

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:09 am

really i'm starting to get kinda scared. i even leave my guns loaded even tough i live in the middle of nowhere
As far as I know, they checked the terrorists in Paris, and not one of them has been from the refugees so far. That could change though.

EDIT: Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 38821.html

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:02 am

Dammasta wrote:

As far as I know, they checked the terrorists in Paris, and not one of them has been from the refugees so far. That could change though.

EDIT: Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 38821.html

Yeah, this.

It's not WW3. It's a single act of terrorism that killed more than a hundred people. It's a tragedy, but it's not WW3.

There have been at least 7 bigger terrorist attacks in the last 3 years. Wikipedia lists 298 terrorist attacks for this year. Heck, there have been two terrorist attacks earlier this year that had more casualties than the Paris attacks. If you didn't think WW3 had started when Iraq, Pakistan, Nigeria, Egypt, Yemen etc. were the targets, then thinking a single attack in France changes things is hypocritical.

I get the feeling that for many people, this crisis only became real after the Paris attacks. It brought to Europe a small part of the horror that has caused all those refugees to flee. About 4900 refugees and migrants have died this year. That's 30 times the number of people killed in the Paris attacks. And the winter is just starting. Thousands more might freeze to death. And the people running away think that is better than staying. Can you even imagine what it takes for so many to decide that an arduous journey that's killed 30 times more people than a horrible terrorist attack is worth a CHANCE to stay in a strange and alien country where the locals don't understand you, your language or culture?

And now realize that the climate change will force more people to move in the coming decades.

This isn't a world war. This is something just as big, but different. I read a book where, in the scifi utopia's fictional history, there had been a Resource and Relocation Crisis that started... well, just about now. I have an eerie feeling I've found myself living in the book's past. I can only hope our future is as bright as the book (Blue Remembered Earth) promises.

Any way, a bit more about Isis soldiers coming to Europe as refugees. There are thousand who left Europe to join Isis's fight. Thousands of young people from the Western countries left to fight in Isis. They left behind friends who shared their views but weren't ready to leave. Isis doesn't have to send people to us. Isis is ALREADY here.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:49 am

Let me remind you that after the attack in paris europe, russia and america declared war against IS.

Edit: china declares war against the entire islam... China is going too far.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:42 pm

rodeje25 wrote:Let me remind you that after the attack in paris europe, russia and america declared war against IS.

Edit: china declares war against the entire islam... China is going too far.
USA has been doing this War On Terror thing for a long time. France and Russia were already two of the more active powers in the Syrian war, and at least nominally specifically against Isis. How is this a change?

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:47 pm

But even Al Quada is fighting ISIS. Anonymous is tearing apart ISIS' internet presence. France, Russia, China, Australia and the USA. Practically the whole world is on the attack.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:03 pm

daxtart wrote:But even Al Quada is fighting ISIS. Anonymous is tearing apart ISIS' internet presence. France, Russia, China, Australia and the USA. Practically the whole world is on the attack.
Did you mean to make a point with this? Again, France and Russia were very active against Isis before these recent attacks. USA has been doing War On Terror for a while now. I understand Al Qaida and Isis have been at odds for a while already. Isis didn't exactly have many friends before these attacks, either.