Cant get my CD key

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
MagicalCat

Cant get my CD key

Post by MagicalCat » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:17 pm

So i bought this game yesterday from a site called kinguin and now i am trying to activate my secret pre order forum key. But just cant seem to get it working i have tried the key from kinguin but it doesnt work and i cant find the key elsewhere. Somebody who understand please help! :D

EPR89

Re: Cant get my CD key

Post by EPR89 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:08 pm

That's the problem with third-party key sellers. You will probably have to find a solution to this with the support team of Kinguin and pray that it wasn't a stolen key.

MagicalCat

Post by MagicalCat » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:18 am

The key worked on steam but doesnt work in humble so thats the problem. :D

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:17 pm

MagicalCat wrote:The key worked on steam but doesnt work in humble so thats the problem. :D
How are you entering it on the Humble Store?

MagicalCat

Post by MagicalCat » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:56 pm

I entered it like this: https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=YOURCDKEY. And i replaced YOURCDKEY with my key without these: - And with them but nothing worked. Thanks for help though. :mrgreen:

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:26 pm

MagicalCat wrote:I entered it like this: https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=YOURCDKEY. And i replaced YOURCDKEY with my key without these: - And with them but nothing worked. Thanks for help though. :mrgreen:
Sounds like it's the same issue e people who can't get their Humble Store page after preordering from G2A. The code the third party key seller has sent you is either not a Steam CD Key, but rather an activation key, or a CD Key that has already been activated before, so probably a stolen key.

MagicalCat

Post by MagicalCat » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:52 pm

Ok still thanks. :roll:

MagicalCat

Post by MagicalCat » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:49 am

Its been quite a while now. :D But could i contact support and ask for a key if i would send my info?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:18 am

You could ask, but I doubt that they are in a position to help. Those sellers are handling these keys wrong. It can't be a coincidence that so many people can't use them properly after getting the game from websites like that.

MagicalCat

Post by MagicalCat » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:05 pm

I just want mods nothing else. :D

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:49 pm

MagicalCat wrote:I just want mods nothing else. :D
If Kinguin sold you a partial product, the best thing to try is to contact their support and see if you can get a refund, or a version that actually gives you the complete product.

Early access to the game is only officially sold on Steam and on Humble Bundle. The complete product comes with the SPF key. If you get it from any other reseller, and there is an issue with the key you got (or missing keys), then contacting their support is your best option.

We will of course offer you support if you purchase from one of the official outlets, or have been gifted the entire product. We don't have a way to generate an SPF key that isn't attached to the purchase of the whole product, can't offer key recovery for an account that isn't yours. So, gotta contact Kinguin support.

We do plan on adding Steam workshop support in the future, if that helps.

lorde

Post by lorde » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:04 pm

It's possible that the key you received is invalid fnf or has been used before. This can happen if you buy from an unreliable source.