How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
EPR89

Re: How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

Post by EPR89 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:02 pm

RikthePrick wrote:
EPR89 wrote:
ribblle wrote:Oooh drama. I don't think there's a way to see your product key's for most games on steam. Cheers anyway.
For Overgrowth it should work. The only use for it is to get your SPF Key, so it has to work if you have a valid copy of it. If you can't see it, either Steam is acting up or you probably used a key reseller like G2A and managed to get a stolen key.
It doesn't, I've tried to get the view cd key option to appear across multiple machines. I even had my friend who lives in Germany login to my steam account and install the game just to see if the option appeared for him. Just like many other people in this thread. I cannot see any form of key and I do not have access to email associated with the humble bundle account. Steam tells me to fuck off, and humble bundle can't verify my identity. [email protected] just redirects a ticket to wolfire anyways, making my entire situation Shit out of luck.
Did you preorder from the Humble Store or from Steam. If you got the game from the Humble Store, you won't have a CD Key and you won't need one either.

RikthePrick

Post by RikthePrick » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:51 pm

EPR89 wrote:Did you preorder from the Humble Store or from Steam. If you got the game from the Humble Store, you won't have a CD Key and you won't need one either.
I got it from the humble store, but the account associated with it is no longer accessible, because the email no longer exists. Humble can't verify my identity, so they won't change the address associated with the account. So the key associated with the account is non accessible. I have access to the forum, but I can't use tools like sumlauncher, due to my inability to see my key.

A cat with a camera.

Post by A cat with a camera. » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:16 pm

When I use the link it just says "unknown key" What should I do? I bought the game on steam yesterday but it still doesn't let me use my key. Half the reason I bought the game is so I could play the mods. Don't get me wrong the game is great but I really want the mods.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:13 pm

A cat with a camera. wrote:When I use the link it just says "unknown key" What should I do? I bought the game on steam yesterday but it still doesn't let me use my key. Half the reason I bought the game is so I could play the mods. Don't get me wrong the game is great but I really want the mods.
You're probably not following the instructions properly. You need to edit the URL in the first post with your own CD Key from Steam. You don't just click on the link.

EDIT: Can we maybe change the wording of the opening post? People have been doing this wrong since the game launched on Steam. There must be something confusing about the way it is written.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:50 am

EPR89 wrote:Can we maybe change the wording of the opening post? People have been doing this wrong since the game launched on Steam. There must be something confusing about the way it is written.
I've put out some requests to Anton/Jeff to see what we can do to make this more user friendly, or at least less confusing. We'll see!

tomislav2005

Post by tomislav2005 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:54 am

How does it work for bought Overgrowth on steam and not Preordered Thats my problem.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:59 pm

tomislav2005 wrote:How does it work for bought Overgrowth on steam and not Preordered Thats my problem.
Dude... Very first post.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:55 pm

tomislav2005 wrote:How does it work for bought Overgrowth on steam and not Preordered Thats my problem.
The instructions on how to solve your problem are on the first post of this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16422#p174560

If you run into problems, please let us know the number of the step you are having problems with, what you are doing on that step, and what happens when you do it.

Hyo

Post by Hyo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:27 pm

Thank you, I think I got it.

Dying

Post by Dying » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:16 pm

Great help everyone thanks!

Zekrus

Post by Zekrus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:43 pm

Still can't join after following steps. I put in my code for the humble bundle thingy and then it just shows some sort of blank pop-up :(

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:12 am

Zekrus wrote:Still can't join after following steps. I put in my code for the humble bundle thingy and then it just shows some sort of blank pop-up :(
Could you post a screenshot?

Zekrus

Post by Zekrus » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:43 pm

EPR89 wrote:
Zekrus wrote:Still can't join after following steps. I put in my code for the humble bundle thingy and then it just shows some sort of blank pop-up :(
Could you post a screenshot?
Hey Thank you but I got it happily! It just took me doing a complete restart if the computer. I am now enjoying the flight mod for Overgrowth :D

Rabbit dummy

Post by Rabbit dummy » Wed May 03, 2017 3:45 pm

So i got this game from the Humble Freedom Bundle and i know my HB key for Overgrowth but when i paste it here (http://www.wolfire.com/spf) and hit submit it redirects me to "Contact us". I dont know why. Also, why not using Steam workshop to share mods and content?

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Thu May 11, 2017 4:58 pm

Rabbit dummy wrote:So i got this game from the Humble Freedom Bundle and i know my HB key for Overgrowth but when i paste it here (http://www.wolfire.com/spf) and hit submit it redirects me to "Contact us". I dont know why. Also, why not using Steam workshop to share mods and content?
The Humble Bundle key isn't the same as the SPF key, you need to follow the link on the first page of this post and replace the "PUT_YOUR_CD_KEY_HERE_WITHOUT_SPACES" to your Humble Bundle key, then get your SPF key from the link.

also about Steam