Stuck in Loading Screen?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products

Stuck in Loading Screen?

Post by 0072 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi ! I was creating a level taken from the main campaign level, edited just for brawling inside. ("Cat City", i REALLY love that level.)
I've removed a large part of scenery, including story triggers, like checkpoint and dialogues, and changed the level script to "custom_levels" or "challengelevel".
So after saving it, i've included in my "Mod", that contains other created levels.
BUT :arrow: it hangs in the loading screen with the pulsating logo of wolfire.
I really can't understand what to do, maybe a little help would be awesome!
Thanks !
(Sorry for my messy english ..)

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Re: Stuck in Loading Screen?

Post by halzoid » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Make sure you're not changing that level script, I'd say. If it was the mod.xml that was causing issues, the game wouldn't even launch and removing the checkpoints doesn't usually affect anything but progression.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:35 am

I'd say if you want to be sure that the level script isn't an issue, set it to nothing. You might need to manually open the level xml file and remove anything between the <Script> tags. A level doesn't need to have a script, so if you just remove it, at least that's out of the equation for being a point of failure.

You can also try seeing if the log can give you any clues. To do that, try opening the level, let it load for a few minutes, then turn off the game. Now the game will have written stuff that might be relevant to the log file. If you're on Windows you can find the log file at My Documents\Wolfire\Overgrowth\logfile.txt. Open up that file and start looking towards the bottom of the file to see if you can figure out what the game was doing all that time it was stuck.

kzoliver909

Post by kzoliver909 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:58 am

Game hangs on the loading screen with this error. Last time it worked I fiddled with debug mode. Reinstalling and verifying files didn't help. I think I should buy a new gaming laptop.